Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are my headphones not as good as some of urs but there good enough for me and the price i payed

headphones1bh6.jpg

headphones2bn0.jpg

philodox said:
Time for a source upgrade. :p

EDIT: Oooh... with my new monitor my signature is only 3 lines long. :cool:
Yeah, if you couldn't tell in pics 1 and 3 there is a custom 24 inch cable running from the amp to my x-fi that sounds pretty damn good...I'm looking into it though ;)

headphone_setup.jpg

Sennheiser HD580 with homemade Cmoy amp. Uses an LM741 to split the battery voltage in half (within .02V), then an OPA2227 for the actual audio amplifiaction. Drives the 300 ohm headphones to screaming loud levels with no problem.

:)

Playing my favorite song too ;)

final2.jpg

Grado SR225 with circumaural pad mod! Sounds awesome and is comfortable! :D
I'm running the SR-225s off a PA2v2. It's my compact setup that's just running off my computer.

FooTemps said:
final2.jpg

Grado SR225 with circumaural pad mod! Sounds awesome and is comfortable! :D
I'm running the SR-225s off a PA2v2. It's my compact setup that's just running off my computer.

Where're the pads from? I could use some for my MS-1s

edit: just saw your thread :p

Here is my setup:
204298162_282a3c797a.jpg

Big

Sennheiser HD555's powered by a SOHA amp that I built. If anyone is looking for a cheap hybrid tube-opamp amp to build, this is THE ONE! Its very warm and the bass is 100 times better than straight out of my audio card.

It's funny what can happen in only a month's time. I now only own the DT770-80's of those 5 and have owned the following since June:

DT770-80 (still have)
SR-225 (sold)
K701 (2 different pairs, got one after I got an amp - both sold)
HD650 (sold)
HD595 (sold)
A900 (sold)
3xKSC75
PX100 (returned)
RS-1 (still have, unless I get a GS-1000 soon ;) )

oC|-TiTaN said:
here is my not-so-humble collection :)

imgp00185ch.jpg

From left to right:
Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 ohm)
AKG K701
Grado SR225
Audio Technica ATH-A900
Sennheiser HD595

Have had the DT770's for a few weeks, got the SR225's and K701 last week and just got the HD595's and A900's today. I also have 3 pairs of KSC75's (one in package, one with quarter modded PX100 pads, one stock). So far I like the K701's the best (obviously, since they are twice the price of the others) and I also have a pair of Westone UM2 IEM's on the way. Just need a good amp now ;)

Ha, that is funny!
Well, at least you've been able to try out many different headphones.

You know, I bet there are a few people here who would like to know why you kept the beyer DT770pro 80ohm and got rid of the others (including myself). Dosn't have to be a 5 page review or anything, just the short of it. ^_^

~Thanks, and enjoy!

towert7 said:
Ha, that is funny!
Well, at least you've been able to try out many different headphones.

You know, I bet there are a few people here who would like to know why you kept the beyer DT770pro 80ohm and got rid of the others (including myself). Dosn't have to be a 5 page review or anything, just the short of it. ^_^

~Thanks, and enjoy!
I would guess that he was looking for a punchy closed headphone. Although - the K701s are the best of that group, they are very open.

Of the closed cans - the DT770/80s are the best of the collection he was trying.

Nomad said:
I would guess that he was looking for a punchy closed headphone. Although - the K701s are the best of that group, they are very open.

Of the closed cans - the DT770/80s are the best of the collection he was trying.
Ok, here is is:

He's exactly right. I wanted a good closed can and compared to the A900's I tried I liked the impact and amount of bass the DT770's had.

Of the headphones in the picture I preferred the SR225's. If you were to read my posts through the week of owning both, I went back and forth between them and the k701s but in the end the Grados shine with my music (rock and metal) and even now that I've tried them with an amp I prefer my RS-1's to the K701s. The Grado sound is much more in your face and kick ass compared to the detail of the K701. I don't analyze when I listen to music, I rock out and Grados just do that so much better :) I'm this close to getting some GS-1000's to try out.

As for why I kept the DT770's over the other good cans, my goal is to ultimately own 3 great headphones:

1. Closed.
2. Open.
3. Grado.

I want the best of these three and since I've found I can't live without a pair of Grados I've somewhat combined 2+3 and after buying custom cables, RS-1's and a Gilmore Lite with DPS I can't afford a better closed pair yet! :p

oC|-TiTaN said:
I'm this close to getting some GS-1000's to try out.

Don't. Move right on up to a PS-1/HP-1/HP-2. If you love the in your head sound of the RS-1, the GS-1000 won't deliver as much. It has alot more bass and soundstage, but the Grado magic is a bit gone.

Still, that's just my impression after a very short listen (I don't have the GS-1000, but did do a quick audition).

I'm in love. ;)

I really need to buy a proper digital camera, but anywhere, here is my current setup via my craptacular cell phone cam :) See my sig, Gilmore Lite is not pictured, its sitting on top of the Sonata II

monitordm4.jpg

Svperstar said:
I really need to buy a proper digital camera.
Indeed you do.

From what I can make out.... it looks like a nice little setup....... although I can't make out 2 of the 3 headphones ^_^

I see the SA5000 and an AKG of some sort, probably the K501. THe other headphone I cant make out either.

digitalmind said:
Don't. Move right on up to a PS-1/HP-1/HP-2. If you love the in your head sound of the RS-1, the GS-1000 won't deliver as much. It has alot more bass and soundstage, but the Grado magic is a bit gone.

Still, that's just my impression after a very short listen (I don't have the GS-1000, but did do a quick audition).

I'm in love. ;)

You bastard :( I can't afford the Mapletree yet, although I'm picking up an RA-1 to check out the synergy and also have a pair of vintage RS-2's on the way! Woohoo!

oC|-TiTaN said:
You bastard :( I can't afford the Mapletree yet, although I'm picking up an RA-1 to check out the synergy and also have a pair of vintage RS-2's on the way! Woohoo!
Wow, all this in under 2 months? Dare I say.... you have the curse worse then Jahn?

And then there was something new.

Bus powered USB NOS DAC + PINT class amplifier in a very tiny package.

front.jpg

HPIM3207.jpg

HPIM3246.jpg

http://www.ecp.cc/HPDAC.html

I was in a bit of a hurry to complete this and as such there are a few crooked parts. :eek:

Initial listening test suggest this is a very good performer for such a small package. ;)

Mister X said:
And then there was something new.

Bus powered USB NOS DAC + PINT class amplifier in a very tiny package.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/X86inside/USAMP/front.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/X86inside/USAMP/HPIM3207.jpg

http://www.ecp.cc/HPDAC.html

I was in a bit of a hurry to complete this and as such there are a few crooked parts. :eek:

Initial listening test suggest this is a very good performer for such a small package. ;)

Looks good MisterX. Any chance you are making these for sale?

towert7 said:
Wow, all this in under 2 months? Dare I say.... you have the curse worse then Jahn?
I'll let you do the math (Oh and I've decided instead of the RA-1 I'm getting either the Mapletree EAR Purist HD+ or Heed CanAmp :p ):

I've purchased the following in the past 2 months:

Headphones:
RS-1* $500
RS-2* $350
2x K701 $540
HD650 $290
HD595 $140
SR325i $240
SR225 $150
Headphile SR225* $380
A900 $140
DT770-80* $140
PX100 $40
3xKSC75's* $37.50

Amps:
Gilmore Lite v2 w/DPS $365
Little Dot Micro+* $69

MP3 Players:
2GB Black Nano* $140
2GB Sansa E240 $140
4GB Sansa E250 $180
2GB iRiver Clix $200
2GB Creative Zen V $130

Accessories:
2 custom AudioLineOut cables $125

Total spent - $4296.50

Total spent on items I still own (marked with an asterisk) - $1616.50
That doesn't include the $400 60GB iPod Video I already owned

Not bad for my first 2 months, eh?

lol I'm just a junior in college working over the summer at an IT internship. Like I said, I've really only spent about $1600 rather than the $4200 but I have done a lot of buying and spending :)

I'll eventually decide between the RS-1 and RS-2 and have the following:

RS-?
Main Amp (Heed CanAmp or MAD Purist HD)
Portable Amp (Little Dot Micro for now, may Portaphile later)
interconnects
flash mp3 (2GB Nano)
hard drive mp3 (60GB iPod Video)

I'll probably keep my KSC75s and DT770s for other use, but hope to really only keep the better of the two RS series as my main cans.

cc2096 said:
Any chance you are making these for sale?

I have not decided yet.
I may wait for the next revision of the board because there a couple of minor issues with this one .

BTW Updated picture:

HPIM3273.JPG

I am getting spoiled by this thing.
One 10' usb cable and I don't need no stinking headphone extension cable anymore.
I can just drag the amp with me to the bathroom. :D

Does this mean you take a crap with your headphones on? lmao

Mister X said:
I am getting spoiled by this thing.
One 10' usb cable and I don't need no stinking headphone extension cable anymore.
I can just drag the amp with me to the bathroom. :D

Guess I am going to have to try it. Any tips while I am that Special moment.

eg. volume control..equalizer?

sdgserv said:
Guess I am going to have to try it. Any tips while I am that Special moment.

eg. volume control..equalizer?

Just the standard stuff:
Spray the air-freshener first, make sure you have enough tp, don't talk on the phone....etc.

Wow, X, that looks like a great little product! Judging from how the PINT sounds, I'm sure that's a very nice sounding setup in a very small package indeed! I can already hear the audiophile grumbing about using the bus power :rolleyes: :D

Those audiophiles would prolly be missing the reason why the HPDAC has multiple voltage regulators then wouldn't they? ;)
Of course audiophiles miss a lot of things.
Such as the AD8397 not being unity gain stable for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back