Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
magnetik said:
damn.. those must hurt! :p Do you amp em? lol

lol thank god i only use them for ' meditation sessions ( when i turn up the volume so loud that i feel like im in a dream ;))' and use them for like 40 minutes max at one time. and i just plug them into the speaker jack on my sound card, or the headphone outlet on my speakers

finally recieved my s.fi5 ebs...so I'm reserving a spot for a pic, will have one up later tonight.

strid3r said:
Got the connector, techflex, and heatshrink off of partsexpress for roughly 7 bucks and shipping. The cable was about 11 shipped off eBay. Of course, I have a lot of leftover material leftover, about 30ft of cable left and didn't even use half the heatshrink and techflex I ordered.

Got any links for those parts? I just ordered those cans and I may want to recable them...
I looked on parts express but I wasn't sure which size techflex or heat shrink to get.(1/8"?)
Also, what type of wire did you use? (plain speaker wire? 1/16"?)

Thanks

- Jay

compuguru said:
Got any links for those parts? I just ordered those cans and I may want to recable them...
I looked on parts express but I wasn't sure which size techflex or heat shrink to get.(1/8"?)
Also, what type of wire did you use? (plain speaker wire? 1/16"?)

Thanks

- Jay

For the wire, do a search on eBay for "silver teflon". I used 22 awg in a litz braid config. All the other parts were from partsexpress, I used 1/8" techflex and 6mm heatshrink (1/4"?).

strid3r said:
I used 1/8" techflex and 6mm techflex (1/4"?).
I assume you mean 1/8" techflex and 6mm heat shrink?
(cause I cant seem to find 6mm techflex)

anyway, thanks for the info...

- Jay

saturnine2 said:
Oh noes! I went off the deep end!

Esob.JPG

I got the Triports cheap from MrSlacker @ Head-Fi. He found them on the side of the street! :p The left side isnt working, but I inspected it and its just a loose connection. I'm gonna recable them with a Senn HD580/600 cable, and try out some Blu-Tack and fiber fill.
wow my Triports are even on [H] :D

i am hoping to get Grado SR-225 and Koss KSC-75 soon.

just got my Grado 325i :D

P1010030-1.jpg

and to make it more comfortable, I ordered a Beyer DT770 Headband pad. still deciding if i should get the Senn 414 pads or the C-pads.

saturnine, went with 325i's instead of the new HF-1 :p. I have the bowls reversed, and I actually like the sound, but its a bit uncomfortable though :(, so Im using some rat shack comfies right now.

almost finished dynalo(wired up to test today, this is not the final wiring).....just need a case.

Very nice sounding amp......think I like it better than my ppa. Can already tell its better than ppa for electronic music....much more slam.
elna cerafines, wima caps, vishay resistors
IMG_1683.jpg

Bleed said:
just got my Grado 325i :D

P1010030-1.jpg

Are the 325i some of grado's best? Or, more importantly, would they be good for lets say, music, and Counterstrike?

MrPrez said:
Are the 325i some of grado's best? Or, more importantly, would they be good for lets say, music, and Counterstrike?
They are great for most music with the right amp, no doubt about that. For gaming though, they are seriously lacking. The soundstage sucks compared to other cans in the pricerange.

If you HAVE to use a Grado headphone for gaming, I would recommend the RS-1 or PS-1.

Hey ColStripe, how's that headphone stand working out? I was thinking of buying one of the single ended ones.
Is the build quality good?

~Thanks

towert7 said:
Hey ColStripe, how's that headphone stand working out? I was thinking of buying one of the single ended ones.
Is the build quality good?

~Thanks

Very nice stand, the black tubes are PVC. But for under $100, super super nice product. Larry does killer work.

saturnine2 said:
They are great for most music with the right amp, no doubt about that. For gaming though, they are seriously lacking. The soundstage sucks compared to other cans in the pricerange.

If you HAVE to use a Grado headphone for gaming, I would recommend the RS-1 or PS-1.

I'm a Grado fan, but I'd never use them for gaming. You do alot better with some closed Sennheiser or something like an Audio-Techinia A900. I agree with ya there.

Beautiful casework cypher! How is that window mounted? I've been meaning to mod my PPA enclosure for a while now...

thanks, I ran a glue gun along the edges of the plexi while pressing the plexi hard against the metal. The glue dries instantly, clear, no mess. Its in there pretty good now.

MrSlacker said:
wow so many headfiers are also on [H]

LOL yeah just a few :p

EDIT: I actually kinda miss the days when I thought my 400 watt Logitechs had good sound quality and over $50 on headphones was just insane :p

Cool looking little amp you have there cypher22, nice window you added. How's the thing working out for you and about how much did it cost to build that one. Have you used any other amps that you can compare it too?

Maybe if my creative skills improve, and I get some time, ill try and build a little amp myself.

~Thanks

I'm getting a set of E3c's for my iPod, and I'm not too sure what else I should get for my PC/Stereo...

towert7 said:
Cool looking little amp you have there cypher22, nice window you added. How's the thing working out for you and about how much did it cost to build that one. Have you used any other amps that you can compare it too?

Maybe if my creative skills improve, and I get some time, ill try and build a little amp myself.

~Thanks

Its working good. I got the dc offset down to .00-1mv. There was a lot of tweaking to do. Cost was about $150 including the elpac power suppy($45) If you have a power supply you can probally build one for $75

I have a ppa with diamond buffers and steps psu that cost about a little more than double to build. The dynalo can hold its own against it.

I wouldnt really classify it as a little amp ;)

GodsMadClown said:
Use the ABX plugin in Foobar2000, kernel streaming to a decent soundcard. You can tell the difference every time between lossy and lossless. Even 320 CBR LAME, MPC or OGG.

Wow I was just skimming this thread from the start and I came across this.

Dunno if the poster still reads here but that is not true. Nobody can tell the difference between 320 LAME and Lossless 100% of the time, not even close.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Looks sweet, would look better w/ clean screws instead of phillips.

I assume by clean screws you mean buttonhead allen screws?
see you are stating an opinion that is a mater of taste and I personally hate those kind of screws. ;)

Jesus Mr. X, your worksmanship on those amps is nothing short of amazing! Now to make ones with bass and treble adjustments :D

DaRkF0g said:
Jesus Mr. X, your worksmanship on those amps is nothing short of amazing! Now to make ones with bass and treble adjustments :D

:) here are some more pics...

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010039.jpg

I bet you didn't even turn it on before you took the top off did you? :p

That fugly retro switch does actulally look pretty good next to the IEC doesn't it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back