Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creizai

Limp Gawd
Post your Headphone pics, with amps if posible. I want to see some people showing there stuff out !

What if you don't have enough storage space for the picts? :D

Seriously.
My list of current cans reads like this------>
Sennheiser:
HD280 pros
PX200s
British Airways edition HD25-SPs
HD580s with a Clou red jaspis cable.
HD600s with a Cardas cable.
HD650s with an Equinox cable.
And the dreaded the HD490s that currently reside in the shed.
Grado SR225s with the yellow Sennheiser pads.
And even the first pair I ever bought.... Koss HV/1LC

Don't even get me started on amps. :D

http://www.syst.cs.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/~taro1980/mono-next/img/ATH-A900.jpg
Audio-Technica A900

http://www.high-end.ch/produkte/kopfhoerer/grado/sr325.jpg
Grado SR-325

http://www.zzounds.com/media/feed/large/SHUE2C.jpg
Shure E2C

7227cmoy64ay.jpg

cMoy Altoid Amplifier

Nice altoids amp!

Do you carry that around with your mobile audio player?
What are the specs on that? I assume you made it yourself?

nah actually i bought it from a DIYer on head-fi. I'm not sure on the specs since i'm not into diy myself but the price was right for the magic it did to my headphones. cost me 36 dollars shipped and it gave me a completely different (better) sound. it is highly portable and i just bring it along with my dell dj whereever i listen to music.

No pics yet, waiting till I get my PPA from misterx :D

Cans:

Sennheiser HD600 w/ Silver Dragon (Getting cable for xmas)
Sennheiser HD497
Grado SR80, gonna upgrade to SR325 soon. Sure, the sound is "colored", but they sound great with rock, and are decent unamped.
Zalman 5.1, yeah they sound bad but they are decent for gaming. Plus, I gotta use my Audigy2 ZS for something :p
Sony Streetstyle crap work headphones

Sources:
EMU 0404
Audigy2 ZS
15gb Dell DJ

My set is a very nice gift from my gf they are Koss Pro4AA Titanium I love'em sooo much!

Frequency Response: 10-25,000 Hz
Impedance: 250 ohms
Weight: 21.0 oz.
Sensitivity: 95dB SPL/1mW
Distortion: <0.1%
Ear Cushions:
Cord: Straight, Dual Entry, 8ft
Plug: 3.5 mm/6.4 mm
Titanium coated high polymer diaphragm for accurate sound reproduction
Closed ear cushions for maximum bass and isolation
Built for maximum durability for studio and broadcast use
Oxygen free copper voice coils for signal clarity
Coiled, single entry 8 foot cord
3.5 mm plug and 6.3 mm adapter

I dont have an exact picture ready but they are sitting on the very top
http://foxen.mine.nu/comps/demia2_workstation.jpg

Harkamus said:
Looks like a PPA.

Waste of a case from what I'm told. It needs a Steps powersupply.
That's the idea behind the big case, so I have room for the future STEPS upgrade!

Anyways, I'd rather have a Larocca diamond buffer before I get a steps...

Im looking into getting some HD580s, can you recommend an amp to go with them? Ill use them for gaming and music. Ive got an Audigy 2 ZS.

MrPrez said:
Im looking into getting some HD580s, can you recommend an amp to go with them? Ill use them for gaming and music. Ive got an Audigy 2 ZS.

Pimeta. :)

Would a Headsave Classic with the AD8620/10 op-amps in addition to standard and Elpac 24v linear regulated power supply go good with my HD555? Or is there something else that might be a bit better?

Paxonator said:
Would a Headsave Classic with the AD8620/10 op-amps in addition to standard and Elpac 24v linear regulated power supply go good with my HD555? Or is there something else that might be a bit better?

The 8620 is not the best match for those cans IMHO.

Mister X said:
The 8620 is not the best match for those cans IMHO.

Oh, that is just what was suggested on the site, which would be better for an op-amp? Oh and i seem to remember you having an amp like this for sale, is it sold?

saturnine2 said:
PPA with an Audigy2 ZS as source? An overkill IMO. Upgrade source then get a better amp. </offtopic>

Overkill? Uh, no. I have a PPA and an Audigy 2 ZS.

MisterX, can you build me an amp? I know id have to PM or email you about it since the rules of the forums and what not.

no pics, since I am in the middle of a move, and my cameras (and most of my phones) are in transit or possibly left there, in the case of one beloved pair :(

Plantronics .90 headset (I rarely use these, they are my backup for when I need a mic and I'm out of foam sleeves for my Shures)

Sony $15 wal-mart special cans (DJ series), the ergonimics suck ass, but they sound better then the plantronics...the sound has more guts to it.

Shure E2C, very nice set, just a bit bulky to carry around. This is my gaming set of phones....hopefully I didnt leave them behind

Shure E3C, incredible music phones...I'll give em up for an E5C or when they get pried form my cold dead hands :)

I have to still buy an amp...I'm taking my time before I choose one...with how my computer will be placed, I will have to think about space first.

Harkamus said:
Overkill? Uh, no. I have a PPA and an Audigy 2 ZS.

Not to hijack the thread, but when saturnine2 said it was overkill, that really means the PPA is overkill for the Audigy 2. And it's true. A PPA level amp is best matched by at least an Envy24 or E-MU card.

Thaddy said:
Home Rig = SD-3950 / AV-710 (soon to be 0404) -> Canare cables -> PPA -> HD-580 with Oehlbach cables, HD650 grilles, and stocking mod

Portable RIg = H120 w/ iSkin case -> Shure E5C. I'm thinking about getting an SR-71 in the summer, but that depends on how I like it when I hear it at the upcoming meet.
How do you like that iSkin case for your iriver?

emorphien said:
How do you like that iSkin case for your iriver?
I love it, I've only taken it off once to give it a good cleaning. Other than that, it stays on all the time.

ReD DrakE: Nice cans.
What amp are you using?

Thaddy: What happened to your portable amp?
By the way do you always coil the cord up like that? :p

Talonz: I know several people that run PPA's with Audigy2 cards and even though I consistantly say the same thing...... as long as they are happy who are we to rain on their parade? :p

kiz: My compliments to the person that built that Cmoy. He (?) did a very nice job.. not to mention that is an awesome price for one of those amps cause they are a PITA to build. Do you mind telling us who built it?

MrPrez: Yea, shoot me a PM.
I am more then happy to give you my unbiased opinion on amps and stuff but when it gets to talking about my own products that is something I feel should be left out of the public forum

Paxonator: Same thing. :D

Damn all of these amps look sick! I wanna get one because it is cool looking but I dunno if my PC-150 would benifit that much from an amp.

You can always ask MisterX to build you a CMoy in one of those cool looking boxes, or you can get him to route some cables inside hehehe...

Mister X said:
ReD DrakE: Nice cans.
What amp are you using?

Pictured is a headsave classic at home and using a porta corda for the canalphones. I'm looking to replace the classic but the wallet is feeling a bit light atm.

ReD DrakE said:
Alessandro MS-Pro

Grado SR-225

Shure E3C

Westone UM-2

How do you like those westones? I never heard of them before so I stayed away, but the price for what looks like a shure clone was intriguing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back