Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
Long time lurker showin how we wipe drives in the ghetto. Toothpick mobo screws, USB panels I've stolen off of scrapped computers, and a peice of foam board. Also, while not visible in the pic, that Foxconn boards Caps are mostly bad. The video does some amazing things.

fa05zb.jpg

Wheres my Foodstamps?

Isn't it supposed to be bad placing the drives on top of the anti-static bag?

Eh, As long as its not directly touching the circuit boards of the HDD controllers it fine. Its kind of a common ground for them all.

Most of those drives are bad anyways, they're being certified wiped wiht a DoD 7 pass.

Also, My standoff pimp cane.

2wntohd.jpg

Last edited:
Eh, As long as its not directly touching the circuit boards of the HDD controllers it fine. Its kind of a common ground for them all.

Most of those drives are bad anyways, they're being certified wiped wiht a DoD 7 pass.

Also, My standoff pimp cane.

I'm jealous :D.

Y u jelly dawg? I'm sure if you went scrounging for old standoffs, you could build your own. I haven't patented it yet. I might soon though before Apple does.

i wanted to stop my computer from being a box full of noise so i cut off the bottom hhd mounts ,cut a hole in the back panel and removed one of the fans
i cant wait to have my gaming rig up and running
XXshadowwaterXX

Here's a picture of my BMW with ductape holding on the blinker, OMG it's sooo "Ghetto!" 5 food stamps?

I'm too cheap to buy speaker stands for my Eyefinity rig...note the "support structure" that is also holding it up, an old AM2 MSI motherboard box and a few books:

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

I needed to fit an SSI MEB board into a corsair carbide 300r so got a drill out and realised that the bit wasnt big enough to drill out two mounting points so i drilled all i could then just got a big hammer and flattened what was left ;)

they have electrical tape on them now and the board is fitted but heres the aftermath

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57401812/20120315_203423.jpg (the pics huge)

I chose NOT to use my dremel on purpose in order to no loose food stamps :)

you sir are an inspiration to dodgy-arse/ghetto modders everywhere.
nice to see the your pocket knife filling several roles (drill & saw - removing section from fan).
the use of a nut & bolt does look 'semi-professional' tho i think we can let that slide...

Kromix, would have saved some more foodstamps if you used a twig or rock instead of that fancy knife.

Here, meet Scrap Kitty, the Mini-Me to Paper Tiger (found elsewhere in this thread).

Specs:
185W (I think) PSU from an IBM Aptiva or Netvista
VIA MII-10000 Mini ITX motherboard (thanks, diredesire!)
Integrated VIA C3 1.0ghz CPU
512mb PC2700 RAM (bought with Mobo)
80gb Seagate IDE HDD in Dell HDD bracket
Belkin F5D7010 v8 Cardbus WiFi card (got it for $5 here on [H])
White Pine baseboard (3 coats of clear Krylon on each side)
Scrap of "craft plywood" (not clearcoated!)
Plastic from a 3-ring binder
Angle brackets, red electrical tape, cardboard, random power switch, and re-used hardware

LMK what ya'll think :D

New guy here.
scaled.php

New psu fan running out of psu, then into a molex.
scaled.php

Ripped off keys that I did not like.
scaled.php

DVD drive stand and Sims box/mobo manual stand.

Need more duct tape I know.

This makes me wish I still had pictures my Abit NF7-S system in the SuperMicro tower laying around. I had a few ghetto mods on that beast. Used a PCI Slot cover from my case and made a fan bracket for a card cooler and zip tied a fan to my HDD mount. Don't really have to be creative like that these days, most cases are built with those things in mind.

Sat for a while like this.
262p1zp.jpg

Finished for now. The Battery was garbage but will not fit anymore with it setup this way. I also need to power supplies now to run this.
402uq.jpg

Back