Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
Man, that ziptie mounting makes me cringe. I used a HR-03GT and I would NOT trust something like that. I guess if it works for you!

GPU was running a little hot. Found a bus driver fan. Took my side panel off, clamped the fan to it and leaned it against my closet door. I couldnt clamp it anywhere on my 690:/
IMG_0038.jpg

If you blood throw it up.

*snip*

I'm going to be nice and not hate on the bandanna *cough*.. but..

Noticing it's an antec 900, that means the cables suck, therefore means not-so-great airflow through the front and out the back 'cause of wires and stuff in the way. Then i see the bandanna covering the side intake which, seems like you want to burn your PC up...

but that's just me. What do i know.

Still not a very good reason to block the intake. Looks pretty ugly too.

lol im prob the only one that got it.

Looks decent, if there was a bandana syle of stickers like the ones mnpctech has em, i would soo totally mod my case with it.

lol im prob the only one that got it.

Looks decent, if there was a bandana syle of stickers like the ones mnpctech has em, i would soo totally mod my case with it.

Thank you for getting it. Most people on this forum haven't seen the light of day since birth.

I don't think blocking one side intake is going to do anything.. especially with amount of fans on that case.

Anyway, if you're blood throw it up. what..what..what..

edit: maybe there isn't actually a computer inside and it's just drugs.

I don't think blocking one side intake is going to do anything.. especially with amount of fans on that case.

Anyway, if you're blood throw it up. what..what..what..

edit: maybe there isn't actually a computer inside and it's just drugs.

That's what I thought.

Homemade rack mount - that never quite looked rite, it's strong but never really turned out.

Home Depot angle iron, tried painting it- paint flaked, put in 16 port switch - switch died.

I might try and redo it and tidy up the cables when I finally go to gigabit at the house.

IMG_0890Medium.jpg

My ghetto mod contribution. I took an old custom external hard drive enclosure case, some CPU heatsinks I had around the place and put together a mod for my XBOX. Wanted something to keep it quiet and cool. Aesthetically pleasing wasn't my primary goal just trying to be practical, so keep that in mind in your reviews. Something you can't tell from the pics is that the front panel is a black spray painted plexiglass that is light on the paint near the LEDs so that they show up when on, yet the front looks solid black still. Hope you enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Old fan squealing and way too loud.. ripped fan off and it gets way too hot, solution? JB WELD FTW

Photo0177.jpg

Photo0178.jpg

Stuck a screw into the JB weld mold to be more ghetto, what-up?

These mods are awesome. They remind me of my old machines. I'll have to dig up some pictures lol.

My 8800 Ultra under load was screwing with my soundcard, you could hear interference pretty bad.

I got tired of it.

I took one of those plastic clamshell hard drive containers, cut it in half, cut off the edges and I just happen to own some aluminum tape...

End result?

shield.jpg

shield2.jpg

And you know what? Totally works. No more noise.

Just removed the system from a ghetto case. With the ghetto fans and the open air I managed to increase the clocks of my GTX280 SLI from 712/1456/1332 to 720/1512/1332. The cpu clock stays the same at 4.0Ghz. Its an i7 920.

Just removed the system from a ghetto case. With the ghetto fans and the open air I managed to increase the clocks of my GTX280 SLI from 712/1456/1332 to 720/1512/1332. The cpu clock stays the same at 4.0Ghz. Its an i7 920.

Bwaahahahh!!! Signature 850 FTW! :D

My 8800 Ultra under load was screwing with my soundcard, you could hear interference pretty bad.

I got tired of it.

I took one of those plastic clamshell hard drive containers, cut it in half, cut off the edges and I just happen to own some aluminum tape...

End result?

shield.jpg

shield2.jpg

And you know what? Totally works. No more noise.

Wow thats pretty inventive man, good job, I'll definitely use this idea if I ever come across this issue.

So I was getting fed up with my GPUs standard hair-dryer cooling solution (not really a 'hair dryer' but not very effective for the noise), and I went digging through my stash of pc parts for a fan. I found one off of a heatsink I wasn't using anymore and it fit the purpose perfectly. Before, I was getting ridiculous temperatures at the standard fan speed, and this is AFTER applying some AS5, which helped greatly in its own right. These temperatures are from 10 minutes of F@H load (100% load situation). The original temperatures are with the case door off, keeping it on meant a 10C increase in temps across the board. The impressive part about this is that there's only a 1-2C difference with the door on/off now. The door was kept off for the entirety of this test.

Before:
Fan Speed Standard (35%):
Idle: High 50s Celsius
Load: Mid-High 70s Celsius
Fan Speed

Fan Speed 55%:
Idle: 43C
Load: 66C

After:
Fan @ 5v (Whisper quiet):
Idle: 41-42C
Load: 64-65C

Fan @ 7v:
Idle: 41C
Load: 60-61C

Fan @ 12v (Slightly louder than 55% stock cooler):
Idle: 41C
Load: 56C

Old Cooler Disassembled:

New Cooler Fitted:

Final Mounting Tweak:

My 4 Slot Cooling Solution :D:

Because we all know that the manliness of a cooler is directly proportional to the amount of slots it takes up. Not bad for a quick n' dirty fix :D. My next trick is to try using both fans, which I'll report back on that soon.

After having repositioned the fan slightly, my temps dropped a bit, and I overclocked the card. With the fan at 7v and the card overclocked to 800/1800/2050, Idles at 38-39C Core, 30C Ambient. Gaming load peaks at 52C Core, hovering in the 50-52C area, 38C Ambient.

Trying both fans was a fail. I was doing that to cool the circutry off to the side thats normally cooled by that fan, but after repositioning the big fan, that problem is fixed anyway.

This was fun, can't wait till I get my Scythe Musashi and overvolt it :). My current clocks aren't max, theres a good safety barrier of ~30 MHz on the Core, ~50 MHz (100 DDR) on the memory, and maybe 50 MHz on the shaders before I need to up the voltage from stock.

That is a great idea emission. My 9600gt isn't overclocked enough, nor runs hot enough, even with settings maxed to need some hardcore cooling. It idles at 37-38c, and max, playing Quantum of Solace on max @ 1680 x 1050 it hit 61c... now that i think about it.. that is pretty hot.. but my 7600gt XXX oc'd would hit 78-79c... it was nasty

I had a roommate that drank natural ice. That stuff was just terrible.

My getto Mod. I couldnt find the case brand anywhere. Its like 6 or 7 years old. :eek: It get the job done.:D

1001349modth9.jpg

Back