Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
My contribution:
http://gillbot.com/storage/ghettopcr2/100_0764.jpg
Note the twist ties securing the mobo to the "case" and the fan lead snipped off to act as a power button. Also note the electrical tape on the PSU leads. I cut the ends off to rewire a standard mATX for use on a dell mobo. ;)
http://gillbot.com/storage/ghettopcr2/100_0765.jpg
Duct tape used to seal off air leaks since I had to use the mATX psu instead of the full atx sixe dell that was originally there. I also used packing tape to cover over the old slot where the sound card was.
http://gillbot.com/storage/ghettopcr2/100_0766.jpg
Window mod using packing tape. Fan died so I took it out, was too noisy.
http://gillbot.com/storage/ghettopcr2/100_0767.jpg
All sealed up!

I will admit that this is rev. 2.0 of the system.

Rev. 2.0 stands at:
3com nic, Trident 2MB PCI, PII 300 and 32MB PC66 ram. I'm on the hunt for a new hard drive since my 2.1GB seagate bit the dust during the ghost over of XP Pro. I'll probably use it for toying with linux or just general hardware or software testing. That way if something bad happens, o-well!

Rev 1.0 was my fileserver running a PIII 500 with 256mb ram, ATI All in wonder PCI video, 3com nic, twin 80GB HDD's with a 3.1GB for the OS and a sound card. That machine was moved to a new dell GX1 case/mobo donated by a friend after much laughter at my current unit. Yes, I had all of that in the cardboard box!

Gentlemen! Behold!

The T-1000

The goal, make the Tandy 1000 name make sense by making it run at 1000MHZ

t1000-tandy1000.jpg

Behold! The power button wire running out from under the case even though there was a big red button I could have wired it to! A hole in the side of the case for the 1U power supply to vent from!

http://www.consortion.net/images/t1000-naked-closed-side.jpg
Behold! The insides!

http://www.consortion.net/images/t1000-naked-front.jpg
Behold! The Acer CD-ROM!

http://www.consortion.net/images/t1000-naked-guts.jpg
Behold! Zip ties! Plus an AC cord that I cut the cover off of so I could bend it around the inside of the case!

http://www.consortion.net/images/t1000-naked-top-view.jpg
Behold! Duct tape holding the exhaust fan in place and a duct tape hammock for the hard drive! Expansion cards sticking out of slots at angles because XTs used different widths for their card placements!

Also, the GeForce3 box was a fully functioning computer from the era of GeForce3 to about 2 months ago.

Here is my webserver:
gmod4.jpg

I added this toggle switch just because I like toggle switches:
gmod1.jpg

Then I wired the toggle switch to these terminals. Who knows, could be useful some day:
gmod2.jpg

And this is what I used to put the holes in my case:
gmod3.jpg

Probably more pointless than ghetto, but there it is.

God_Of_Death said:
YAY!!!! i won :D

:eek:

yeah, but it doesn't have any ghetto in it at all - how did you attach the fans? Ghetto is about implementation and look. You fans look very neat and tidy (not to mention impressive), this is no different than a system that has many fans.

:)
1130096460cNwVbZ6STa_1_1_l.jpg

Spare-Flair said:
yeah, but it doesn't have any ghetto in it at all - how did you attach the fans? Ghetto is about implementation and look. You fans look very neat and tidy (not to mention impressive), this is no different than a system that has many fans.

:)
1130096460cNwVbZ6STa_1_1_l.jpg

i used thermal tape for the fans and the vid card alone has more fans than most systems. having a "ghetto" mod does not mean it must be put together with spit and rubber bands.

This is my old lanning box, the handle serves a practical purpose.
CHKNHD = my old clan. (ChickenHead). Notice the chicken footprints and cheesy stickers. :)

cluck1.JPG

cluck2.JPG

weazzle said:
And this is what I used to put the holes in my case:
gmod3.jpg

Probably more pointless than ghetto, but there it is.

I had a balisong till my mom found it and took it away
:rolleyes:

the cpu has a

coolermaster 100% copper HS --> Thermal take duct mod --> smartfan II --> evercool duct --> coolermaster Jet7 blower

kinda ghetto but works really well, my cpu idles at 33C (2500@3200) and under a load it goes to 39C

Light.jpg

Dark.jpg

klowngoblin said:
the cpu has a

coolermaster 100% copper HS --> Thermal take duct mod --> smartfan II --> evercool duct --> coolermaster Jet7 blower

kinda ghetto but works really well, my cpu idles at 33C (2500@3200) and under a load it goes to 39C

Light.jpg

Dark.jpg

not ghetto at all. 0.0 on ghetto scale. that is really nice :eek:

klowngoblin said:
the cpu has a

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/pr5owner/Light.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/pr5owner/Dark.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
get that trash outta here!

That might just be the least ghetto mod in this thread.

Now, if you had some duct tape, zip ties and used dryer vent tubing then that mod would be ghetto. :D

SolarX said:
This is my old lanning box, the handle serves a practical purpose.
CHKNHD = my old clan. (ChickenHead). Notice the chicken footprints and cheesy stickers. :)

cluck1.JPG

cluck2.JPG

idk about where you come from, but from where I'm from, chicken head isn't too good of a name
;)

nice thermal intake mod...I got me a 1000 watt visonik pushing two 12" audiobahns in a VT box...

Originally made to keep my Athlon XP _cool_
I needed some holes in the side of my OEM case, so out came the tin snips, unfortunately I only had the 'straight' and not the 'curvy' ones so there's a few scratches and rough edges.
intakes.jpg

Fans from old power supplies, a bit of masking tape to hold the wires together
inside.jpg

Next problem, attaching the fans to the case, no sign of the drill, so i'll stick em on with some bathroom sealant, (hole cutters also shown here!)
glue.jpg

OK the air is moving, now we need 5.1 sound, but Gigabyte wants $19.99 for their 'surround-kit', rear/center breakout connector, but it looks like that motherboard connector would tke the ends of an old cdrom cable, so...
5.jpg

Finished, boot up and post it to the forums!
system.jpg

sherbanater said:
nice thermal intake mod...I got me a 1000 watt visonik pushing two 12" audiobahns in a VT box...

yeah i got visonik amps pushing 3 subs, (its where i got the decal from)

aad.sized.jpg

I used this case for a few months while waiting for my brother to buy me a new one he owed me.

Cooling was off the CHAIN!

Endurance Man said:
Do you honestly believe he punched the case and it folded in like that :rolleyes: , i call BS, but thats my opinion.

LOL you doubt my power...YOU CALLING ME OUT? I performed the same punch mod to 2 ford windshields that are now MIA, my bedroom door, 3 walls, and I'll perform another punch mod to the same case and film it. Who will host the vid?

SOMEONE HOST THE VID, I'll do it, It would be tits to do a live [G]hetto mod, wonder if i can get on the main page.

QuimZ said:
LOL you doubt my power...YOU CALLING ME OUT? I performed the same punch mod to 2 ford windshields that are now MIA, my bedroom door, 3 walls, and I'll perform another punch mod to the same case and film it. Who will host the vid?

SOMEONE HOST THE VID, I'll do it, It would be tits to do a live [G]hetto mod, wonder if i can get on the main page.

Hell yeh, do it.

QuimZ said:

www.rapidshare.de

ok i have a pc i put together for a friend out of spares but i didnt have a case so i put it into the mobo box:
CameraPhotos078.jpg

CameraPhotos074.jpg

CameraPhotos073.jpg

Hole For the CPU fan:
CameraPhotos082.jpg

Hole for HDD Cable:
CameraPhotos079.jpg

Screwless Case LOL:
CameraPhotos075.jpg

The Machine:
CameraPhotos085.jpg

I/O Cover:
CameraPhotos076.jpg

Finially my Keyboard i accidently melted it with the hair dryer when i was cleaning it:
CameraPhotos086.jpg

CameraPhotos087.jpg

CameraPhotos081.jpg

Whoever posted that someone couldn't fold a PC case, please enjoy this:
PunchMod V.2

DL IT TODAY!
Under 2 megs.

It's got some cussing in it, but this was fast and fun.

You might not want to DL this movie at work...or if your granny is sitting next to you.

The host is rather teh suck..so bare with it, or host it for me. :)

This is my old system about 5 years back, a Duron 600@1000 and with a hercules Gforce 2 Pro GTS. I was without a case for some time, so I racked up something like this. I'm havin a laugh at myself now that i found the pics again.

system3.jpg

system2.jpg

sabrewolf732 said:
I had a balisong till my mom found it and took it away
:rolleyes:

My mom keeps taking mine away too. I'm on my 5th one.

Btw, to the guy who posted the pic of it, is the Balisong pictured the Typhoon build-it-yourself kit? and if so how easy was it to put together?

The phone, has died.

My father ran over it with the truck on accident.

Things that have happened to Eduardo.

1. Dropped in a sink filled with bleach
2. Swimming in the Sound
3. Ran over with a bike
4. Dropped down stairs
5. Thrown down the street
6. Milked poured on it
7. Febreze’d to death
8. Dad ran over with truck
9. AISHA BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF HIM

The End..

I named him Eduardo. He was good to me.

this is a sad chapter in the [H] ghetto mod thread. your phone will always be remembered.

anybody interested in seeing what happens to a cell phone when it gets run over by a gokart a few times? :eek: :D

so its not a mod... but its freakin funny! that is, unless youre me... and you have to buy a new phone... :(

First of all no to you TSS.
The point of ghetto mods are to make the best of what little you have at your disposal, and to use the least amount of money as possible. And just for everyone out there. Here are the final pictures. It's done. My Kyocera KX414 will be greatly missed.

The damage done. It was ran over on a dirt drive way so the phone isn't smashed, but it is crapped out. I mean an F-150 isn't exactly light.

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

More of the sceen missing now.
DSC01364.jpg

Isn't it pretty?
DSC01365.jpg

It will be missed.

xrdotimcr

Back