Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

I'm moving to a new city in about 2 weeks and starting a new job. Those monitor arms will be mine by the end of January. Oh yes, they will.

lol

Tension them up a bit.

needs even more tension? ill give it a shot but i dont want it to not move around

that is one in the front where you got to take that T shaped allen right.. cause i tightened it and its still bouncing

i just think thats the way it is my desk mixed with the arms :/

only thing is i dont have those tops topped off on the back of it cause im not sure if im going to keep the extender arm on the second monitor yet or not.. but i dont think that should make to much of a difference on the bouncing.

Last edited:
I've see several dual 24" setups that look great. I've recently gotten two 25.5" ASUS monitors. They are only 17 lbs. each. I would love to go with one of the CPUtopia mounts but I want to make sure there is enough room for them side to side. I have both monitors pushed together and I measured from the center of the VESA mount an the distance is 24". What do you guys think? I've seen the question asked about the 28" Hanns G's and the consensus is no dice on those.

Here is the asus 25.5" monitors on the Ergotron mounts.

z6.jpg

z1.jpg

z4.jpg

needs even more tension? ill give it a shot but i dont want it to not move around

that is one in the front where you got to take that T shaped allen right.. cause i tightened it and its still bouncing

i just think thats the way it is my desk mixed with the arms :/

only thing is i dont have those tops topped off on the back of it cause im not sure if im going to keep the extender arm on the second monitor yet or not.. but i dont think that should make to much of a difference on the bouncing.

Maybe it's your desk. As you can see, mine is built like a tank.

ergotron.jpg
a0h

The Ergotron gallery.

Last edited:
Looks good with those 22" acers... I have the same ones!

Did you have to do some modifying to get the old feet/mounts off of the acers or did they come right off?

I've been thinking about picking up a mount for my 2209wa's for a while but I can't find anything that is quality without spending too much. Suggestions?

Haha wow, that's the first time I've ever heard of that... and my cousin's live near Sparks (it's outside of Reno I think).

Maybe they hijacked it...

It looks same one as Ebay one but once it comes in, can you confirm if it is and how good it is? I just checked out outletpc and it's $65 for me because there's $15 shipping. Free shipping only for orders more than $150. But that's still $5 cheaper than Ebay.

http://www.outletpc.com/c4384.html

Same ones that can be found on eBay for $59.99 + $9.00 shipping. There's 8% cashback ($4.80) but my order straight from outletpc was 59.66 shipped.

...but

Was supposed to come tomorrow, too :(

Last edited:
Just set up it. It's the ebay ones for those wondering, refer to a couple of posts above this one to find where you can get them. Takes maybe half an hour tops not including the rewiring (I ended up redoing my whole workspace). Comes with all the tools you need to put it together except for a phillips head. Feels REALLY sturdy. Not going anywhere from the looks of it. Cable management loops are a definite plus. Pivots 90 as well.

I'm very happy with my dual arm, but I just upgraded to a 32" HDTV for my main monitor. I'm interested in creating a 200x200 mount to connect to the 100x100 mount. The TV is only 21.6 pounds without the stand (4.4 pounds), and it's rated to hold 22 pounds on each arm. My desk has a raised section on it that the bottom of the TV could be rested on as well (as I'm not sure I fully trust that 22 pound rating).

Anyone seen a 100x100 to 200x200 adapter? I'm not sure how good a job I'd do making one.

I bought this 200x200 adapter and mounted up my LN32B530. My second monitor is only a 15", so the 32" size isn't an issue (i.e. the Samsung extends into the Dell's half of the space). I wouldn't want to go much bigger than this, but it's holding everything just fine. I'm actually worried more about my cheap desk, especially since it's mounted on a little shelf thingy rather than the actual desktop surface.

For mounting up this beast, I found it easier to take the arm apart. I separated it at the elbow and mounted the end of the arm to the TV, and mounted the post with the arm stub to the desk. Then all I had to do was slip the arm back together and drop the bolt in. Trying to balance the TV while attaching it to the arm with the four bolts in was a pain, as was trying to slide the whole monitor/arm assembly onto the post.

It's now a little lower without the stand so it's closer to eye level, plus I can tilt it down a bit via the arm's joints, rather than sticking old hard drives under the back of the stand. =)

Here's a crappy iPhone pic of my screens and horrible mess of a desk.

Notes: I noticed that I forgot to secure the Dell's cables after the TV swap - that's already been taken care of. The blue light on the TV is actually the reflection of my mouse's LED.

@InvisiBill: your monitor on the left is a 32incher?! on the arm?

@Peanut Butter: what size monitors are those?

im looking ot upgrade to a 23 or 24

@InvisiBill: your monitor on the left is a 32incher?! on the arm?

Yup. Its weight was just under the listed limit. The second monitor is much smaller and lighter, so I feel more comfortable having the 32" on there due to that. I don't think I'd be willing to put a pair of the TVs on it (if they would even both fit), but it seems to be doing ok so far.

I like to think of it as poor man's Eyefinity. =) Lower resolution, but still a huge screen, plus no bezels in the middle.

They're 22" each. Dell 2209WA and 228WFP
i wonder if it can hold a 23incer...do you see any flexing or problems with the 22?

Yup. Its weight was just under the listed limit. The second monitor is much smaller and lighter, so I feel more comfortable having the 32" on there due to that. I don't think I'd be willing to put a pair of the TVs on it (if they would even both fit), but it seems to be doing ok so far.

I like to think of it as poor man's Eyefinity. =) Lower resolution, but still a huge screen, plus no bezels in the middle.
this makes me think it will hold a 23 or 24 with ease then:D

anyone use this with ikea fredrik desk?

Just got the cputopia one off Amazon (had gift card) a couple weeks ago. Works great on my fredrik. I think they are actually more stable on the arm than they were on their own mounts. Will post pics soon.

Just got the cputopia one off Amazon (had gift card) a couple weeks ago. Works great on my fredrik. I think they are actually more stable on the arm than they were on their own mounts. Will post pics soon.

worked out great! heres mine on my new fredrik
77da0acc.jpg

3a4d847d.jpg

6577a82c.jpg

Swapped out my 22" Viewsonics for two Dell U2410s and still using the same arm. I'd previously bought a 2nd one to use (one for each monitor) but it wasn't needed. Arm is holding both w/o a single issue!

Still thinking of wall mounting the LCDs with a couple Ergotron LX arms though....

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

Swapped out my 22" Viewsonics for two Dell U2410s and still using the same arm. I'd previously bought a 2nd one to use (one for each monitor) but it wasn't needed. Arm is holding both w/o a single issue!

Still thinking of wall mounting the LCDs with a couple Ergotron LX arms though....

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

very nice ! that answered my question i was wondering if the arm will hold up those U2410...i want to two of them!

shawnoen: do you have any picture of the mount connected to the back of your dell U2410

Back