Post your ebay/geeks.com dual monitor arms

I updated my setup today.

I removed one of the parts on my monitor arm to get it closer to the wall.

Here is what it looks like now.

dsc00111ua8.jpg

Here is a top pic.
dsc00112vb4.jpg

And here is a before pic. Not the best angle, but the monitor is about 4-6 inches further away from me, which is much nicer. The pole going to the desk is also centered more between the two monitors, which should put less stress on it. Not much of a concern, since its built like a tank, but overall, I'm very happy. I should have done this from day one.

Before pic
img168nx0.jpg

got mine setup toady after looking on here i decided to try it. 2- 17 dell lcds i like it so far . anyone know who has the dual arm mount still for sell ?

Gah... i really wish i could find on here in Korea. I've looked everywhere... I envy yall -_-

you know...this morning, i stumbled on this thread and became VERY jealous.

This evening i won a dual arm set up for $53 shipped.

Yea...call me a follower, but your setups are TOO sweet to pass up!!!!!!!!

pics next week!

btw, some of your deks are SO FREAKIN TIDY. Like, i can't keep my dual desk extended L shape neat for more than 3 hours. sure it's packed with stuff, but still...

hopefully this arm will fix some of these issues...

Would someone with a dual monitor arm do me a favour an measure the diameter of the central pillar/pipe that they clamp onto. I'm wondering if I'd be able to clamp the arms onto standard pipe I have at home.

Cheers

Would someone with a dual monitor arm do me a favour an measure the diameter of the central pillar/pipe that they clamp onto. I'm wondering if I'd be able to clamp the arms onto standard pipe I have at home.

Cheers

It's maybe a 2" diameter....

99$ is a bit steep, i contacted cputopia a last week and they said they had ordered more and will be getting them in two weeks, and will email me when its back in stock.

So FYI to anyone looking to get one for the 59.99$ price at cputopia, should be about another week or so.

99$ is a bit steep, i contacted cputopia a last week and they said they had ordered more and will be getting them in two weeks, and will email me when its back in stock.

So FYI to anyone looking to get one for the 59.99$ price at cputopia, should be about another week or so.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at similar dual mount systems and this one seems to be the best (at the given price range).

yep got the email at 11:30 from cputopia and had mine ordered by noon.

Good luck getting one!!

I currently have a 2408 and a 2405..

1) Do they have the same hookup?

2) Recommendations for stands(links to buy).

thanks

It looks like this mount has increased in price from $39.99 to $59.99 :(. Does anyone know if it is still available anywhere at the original price?

$59 is a smoking deal. Try finding another dual monitor mount for less than $100 - you can't. I jumped on this when it came back in stock and I'm glad I did. It's a quality mount. If you're looking to buy a dual monitor mount this is the best deal. You can't go wrong. Chances are it will never be as cheap again.

Anyone know of a desk mount arm that supports 200 mm x 100 mm VESA AND 100x100 VESA monitors AND doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I'm beginning to regret purchasing this Samsung 2693HM :(

edit: Whew okay looks like you can get a 200x100 VESA to 100x100 VESA adapter. What's the largest monitor anyone has put on these?

I'd be trying to stick a 21" NEC monitor and a 25.5" Samsung on one, so I need to know if it's gonna work beforehand.

Dizamn, once you get into the realm of 24" and above shit starts to get expensive! :eek:

I got a third monitor recently, so I made some changes.

Here is what my setup looked like before.

dsc00111ua8.jpg

The first thing I did was take the 19" off the monitor arm, and switch the 22" to the other side.

I wanted the top of all 3 monitors to line up, so the new monitor 22" widescreen would have to be lowered so it would be the right height. I also had to move it to the left so the monitors would be touching each other.

Here is a before picture. The monitors are two far apart, and one is too high.
beforeor9.jpg

Here is the bracket I made. If I screwed it onto the arm first, I would not be able to screw it into the monitor, so I had to place the screws for the bracket inside my mount, and just made sure the screws were long enough to tighten and hold down on the end sticking out, since the head of the screw can not be reached.

bracketonarmwp1.jpg

I then screwed the bracket on the monitor (not pictured)

Here the monitor is installed on the dual monitor arm.

fullyinstalledns5.jpg

And here is a completed picture.
023ux2.jpg

This works great for turning a monitor sideways, but I'm sure it will work with people who have different sized monitors and want them to line up.

I may lower it a bit more. I'm not sure if I would rather have the top of the monitor frames line up, or the top of the LCD screens line up, since the 19" widescreen has a slighly thinner frame.

Now its time to clean up my desk. I'll submit a picture of everything in a week or so once get everything how I want it, and work on some cable management.

My desk is almost always clean, but I guess a mess is the price I pay for progress.

i got mine!! :D
$59 plus $16 shipping and worth every penny.
25" HANNspree and 19" Acer
6960167_ba22af41a6_b.jpg

Took a section of arm off the left side and added it to the right side for better angling of the Acer
6960168_47ef714fb3.jpg

Anyone know of a desk mount arm that supports 200 mm x 100 mm VESA AND 100x100 VESA monitors AND doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I'm beginning to regret purchasing this Samsung 2693HM :(

edit: Whew okay looks like you can get a 200x100 VESA to 100x100 VESA adapter. What's the largest monitor anyone has put on these?
My HANNspree is 200x100. I just put a bolt in this hole to keep it from rotating due to the uneven weight. I'm only using 4 of the 6 holes and its solid as a rock.
6960253_ce8c54d4f1_b.jpg

I was just wondering if you could mount one of these on a glass desk like mine.. I guess so..

Does it seem like it could break the glass if you where to hit it or something?

tempered glass is VERY solid. I actually dropped that piece of glass from a height of about 2 feet when I was moving. not a scratch. :)

It depends on where you attach the arm. If you attach it at a corner or close to it where the glass is actually secured to the shelves or the legs, that'll be a pretty "stiff" point of attachment. If you were to attach it in the middle of a long section, that will end up being potentially flexible and bam, one careless brush of the arm and the whole thing will shatter in a very not good way.

I know several folks that ignored that advice in a work environment when I tried to explain the basic engineering principles: "It's stiff and solid here, by the bolts from the leg, but it's not stiff there in the middle of that 4' sheet on the edge."

Nobody listens, and within the first day they lost 3 monitors, 12 monitor arms, and 14 desks... idiots. :)

Mine, of course, was done the right way... I even stacked 2 phone books on top of mine and smacked it twice so hard the monitor arm swung a good foot in an arc, no damage...

qlcdfront3.jpg

qlcdback1.jpg

Excuse the mess on my desk, I need to sort and file again.

The quad version of the dual mount. Gives you a second set of arms and a longer central pipe. Those are 24" Soyos on the bottom, 20" Dells on top. There's another ~1.5" of the pipe under the skull, so by my measurements I could actually fit another two 24" on top.

The two 24" are on my primary system, the top two are on this system and are also used for testing on other systems. The Matrix screensaver is kind of cliche, but for this setup I just had to have it running.

i finally got myself a dual lcd mounting arm! :D thanks to who ever posted the cputopia link, really good price.

i was gunna ask tho, when it gave me the confirmation info it didint give me a tracking number. did anyone else get this? also, never sent me a email :confused:

anyone know of a dual or triple monitor mount that will work with the 28" hanns G???

So, would it be cheating/appropriate if I posted my setup (once finished) of my two side by side 22's? They will be on individual mounds though... but still technically 'dual-arms' ;) but not a dual-arm mount.

Back