Post your Crysis Demo Pics Here (Non 56K Friendly!)

Svengali

Limp Gawd
c073f1cb.jpg
0df24e25.jpg
3de6db07.jpg
95dffe4a.jpg
4624ed2d.jpg
c4d4a225.jpg

Resolution: 1280x1024
AA: 2X
Settings: All High
Drivers: 169.01 BETA
DX Ver: 9C (Nov Distro)

Specs:
AMD X2 4800+ S939
ASUS A8N-32 SLI Deluxe
2GB Mushkin PC3500 DDR1
eVGA 8800GTX ACS3 KO Edition (stock clocks right now though)
Enermax 600W PSU
10000RPM 150GB WD Raptor

FPS: 25-40 (Low 20s in roughest scenes, 30-40 outdoors facing land, 25-30 outdoors facing far view distance [water etc]) AVG 30 or so.

No complaints here!

You walk up to any enemy and push F.

I always cloak then run up to some unlucky NK soldier, switch to strength and toss em then cloak again.

If I had dual blades on my wrist and a laser cannon on my shoulder this would be the ultimate predator simulation :cool:

Some Artsy shots (I thought):

This is underwater, I just jumped off a cliff...

This is an example of the most excellent God rays you can get, u have to have post processing on very high and volumetric light on very high. Now I can't live with out it! :(

Some Artsy shots (I thought):

This is underwater, I just jumped off a cliff...

This is an example of the most excellent God rays you can get, u have to have post processing on very high and volumetric light on very high. Now I can't live with out it! :(

What FPS you get with that? OP - also what FPS, and have you tried playing with the 163.71's before putting the beta drivers on?

A bit off topic but...

Is it just me or does the dude in the first picture look like David Ortiz from the Red Sox.

You walk up to any enemy and push F.

I always cloak then run up to some unlucky NK soldier, switch to strength and toss em then cloak again.

If I had dual blades on my wrist and a laser cannon on my shoulder this would be the ultimate predator simulation :cool:

Is F the default for melee? I'm not home and I usually change it. I'll check it out again when I get home.

Is F the default for melee? I'm not home and I usually change it. I'll check it out again when I get home.

F is the default for use I think. I forgot what it is for melee as a default though, I have it as mouse button 4.

Are the new beta drivers really worth installing?

not if you want to use rivatuner or ati tool to OC. I couldn't get either progam to OC for me once i installed the new betas. If you don't plan on OC'ing then yes, they are probably worth it.

What FPS you get with that? OP - also what FPS, and have you tried playing with the 163.71's before putting the beta drivers on?

I'm using FRAPS and I get almost a constant 30 fps...what's important is to make sure to enable post processing or (to me) you loose one of the best lighting things in the game, god rays. You can tell by my pic choices I like that effect! ;)

My monitor only goes up to 1280x1024 thankfully, as this game really is a killer.

I've also found that the mid level textures actually work on far away mountains, but if you notice on 'high' there are no detailed textures for mountains....I wonder if the 'high' textures are missing from the demo?

Where did you find the speed boat? I looked but only found a military-style boat.

just stick to the beach killin' koreans and you'll run into it. Or take Circuitbreaker's advice and check the map in my hud :p

1440x900 HIGH settings, DX9 this time. Game seems to run a lot better for me in DX9 (163.69 drivers):

shooting oil drum:
Crysis2007-10-2710-49-31-10.jpg

future fashion:
Crysis2007-10-2710-50-53-48.jpg

turtle:
Crysis2007-10-2711-01-45-92.jpg

turtle tossin':
Crysis2007-10-2711-02-19-77.jpg

Crysis2007-10-2711-29-47-83.jpg

I hope this game gets ported to PS3, I wanna play it so bad :(

I wanna see some shots of where everything is frozen over and whatnot, but Im guessing thats not in the demo.

How did you get so much ammo for your SOCOM :confused:

Console commands?

kill koreans, pickup weapons, rinse and repeat.

that particular time through i trailed along the beach a lot and several of the koreans down there were packing the SOCOM. :D

Um, 20-40 on a 8800GTX doesn't sound impressive at all, I expected 40-70

kill koreans, pickup weapons, rinse and repeat.

that particular time through i trailed along the beach a lot and several of the koreans down there were packing the SOCOM. :D

Hmm could be beacuse I refuse to carry dual SOCOM's that I'm always picking up the gun instead of ammo.....

god damn this game looks great. I cant wait till i get off from work and can go try the demo and watch my PC weep.

Damn, maybe i'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to join in on the level i created in the editor. Right when I spawn on the map, it gives me the countdown thingy and kills me! haha "you have left the battle area" blah blah blah and it does it everywhere on the map...

hahaha reminds me on on the timer on leaving battle. I got blown up by a the ship when i was trying to jumpship and hijack that shit.

How do you "activate" the vehicles in the Editor? I can spawn one, but can't enter...

Anyone?

EDIT: Found out how to - I was spawning from the wrong folder... lol

I just DL the demo last night....Just played for about an hour....

Stock settings and it worked fine using the rig in my sig....No problems, no skips/jumps, sound was excellent.....In short, game ran just fine....I see no need to have to shell out $$$ for a topoline Vcard to play this game...

Stock settings and it worked fine using the rig in my sig....No problems, no skips/jumps, sound was excellent.....In short, game ran just fine....I see no need to have to shell out $$$ for a topoline Vcard to play this game...

this may be true in your case, but i'd bet the average [H]'er plays on a screen larger than 17". The rest of us need more powerful hardware to be released to enjoy Crysis at max settings.

Anyone can play it on Low/med..my 6800GT can..but Everyone wants to see it in its full glory. Thats why you need the video card

Anyone can play it on Low/med..my 6800GT can..but Everyone wants to see it in its full glory. Thats why you need the video card

I would have to say that it depends. Assumingly the gameplay is exactly the same on an older videocard as on the newer ones, however the experience is way more captivating at higher settings. It's all about what you want from the game...

First time I ran trough the demo was at 1680x1050 with settings on high (shadows medium) and after I lowered resolution, upped most settings and played around with contrast, brightness and Gamma I have had a totally different and far greater experience playing the demo, especially lighting effects at the "very high" setting blows me away... the 16th this month is going too be a great day (Europe release).

Back