Post your Corsair Obsidian 800D Pics here!

Well, it's a little out of date and also makes me feel completely inadequate after some of these other builds... but mine:

800D.jpg

How about a 700D? I would have got the 800D but I hate side windows and had no need for the hot swap bays. Hoping to go water soon as aircooling in this case feels like a waste.

Anyway, nothing special as I'm afraid to do anything major to my baby. The only thing I've done that requires power tools is replace the faceplate on my fan controller with a bay cover. Thin little layer of aluminum over plastic so it was pretty easy. Other than that I did a ghetto fan silencing thing. $16 worth of nylon screws and grommets, but it has made a difference.

Once the novelty wears off I may add a side intake or something, but for now the beast stays whole.

I use two on top for intakes due to the unavoidable configuration of my motherboard. Works fine and is very quiet.
intake.jpg

intake2.jpg

Aww, wook at the wittle baby mATX. It's just so adorable.
inside.jpg

I love the front panel, but man does it attract fingerprints.
greasyhands.jpg

And a bonus pic I'm sure all 700 and 800 owners will recognize and dread:
mess.jpg

Last edited:
viivo, what is the unavoidable configuration? i would think you would do better with the two top fans pushing the other way

Well, just finished my D800 case / WC project up late last night. Still have some minor tweaks and a few cables to clean up, but I'm happy with it! :)

D800-01.jpg

D800-02.jpg

D800-03.jpg

D800-04.jpg

D800-05.jpg

D800-06.jpg

D800-07.jpg

D800-09.jpg

How well would the 800D deal with a single loop on a 360mm rad? Assuming perhaps an i7 930 and a GTX 580? I realize it may not be ideal, but I'm exploring all options as I may try to do my first liquid build in a few months. I do realize dual loops would be far better, but I don't really want to mod the case to fit a second rad when I first get it...and I also would rather do a simple loop to begin with. So that means either just water cooling the CPU, or putting both the CPU and GPU on the same loop.

Can't stand W/C builds where the case is ruined by external rads, looks fugly; however, must run quite cool.

Sorry for the bad pics. I'll update with better ones later.

101_0557.jpg

What is that metal extender you're using on the rear? Seems much sturdier than the plastic Radbox (though no complaints so far).

And I'd use an external rad even on the 800D. I hate that internal rads ruin internal case airflow.

Here is mine. My first try at water cooling. I may switch to a triple rad very shortly.

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG

AdvanSuper
Could you post a better picture, I am intersted in the radiator in the bottom of the case. Thanks in advance.

Did you use a fisheye to shoot those 700D pics? The first one looks really distorted. I like it, just wondering if it was a lens choice or something you did in post.

Thanks, I was thinking you had a radiator in the bottom without cutting up the case. I put a 140 radiator with the bottom fan but am not very happy with my set up and plan to redo it. The connections are the challenge.

Finally finished my 1st watercooled PC. I want to thank Gerald (aka Haz) for answering my questions and moral support. :D
017.jpg

048.jpg

043-1.jpg

hey guys im new here. i just wanted to show off my 800d :) ill get more picks up soon.

G.SKILL Trident 6GB Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX 1000W
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6
OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE120G 2.5" 120GB
2X ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/A Radeon HD 5870
Intel Core i7 930 2.8(OC 4.5) GHz Processor
EK-Multioption RES X2
EK-Supreme HF - Nickel
EK-MOSFET ASUS X58 KIT - Nickel
EK-FB ASUS X58 Nickel
Swiftech MCP655-B 12v DC MCP655-B Pump
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet MCR-320 Power 3X120
2010-10-21195217.jpg

2010-10-22202240.jpg

2010-10-22205721.jpg

2010-10-21202933.jpg

2010-10-21204955.jpg

2010-10-31201521.jpg

Last edited:
phatjedi that pc is sooo close to perfection. I'd like to see the rest of those wires sleeved. Not that it doesn't already look great or anything.

This is my Corsair 800D build. My primary objective in this build was too keep is simple, clean, uncluttered uniform look while packing as much power into the case as possible WITHOUT modding it. This is what I came up with. Custom 3x 120mm water cooling loop with EK Waterblock. Core i7 920 at 4.0 24/7 OC. (It loads windows at 4.6.ghz.) Patriot Viper II 2000mhz CAS8 ram. ( somehow impossible to find these any more) 2 intel Gen2 80 gig SSD in Raid 0 (boot). 2x 1Tb Samsung F3s in Raid 0 for storage. 2x GTX 580. (SLIed of course.) 1 gtx 295 for physx ( i did not want it to go to waste). And Scythe 6 Channel Fan controller.

gtx580sli%20%283%29.jpg
oc4ghzstress113010.png
[/IMG]http://www.jettasandbebe.com/dsf/pc/gtx580sli%20%281%29.jpg[/IMG]
ssd_bench.png

Are those Aqua blocks for the video cards? What external system are you running in the rack?

The video cards are running Watercool Heatkiller Waterblocks
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=25219&zenid=1d9ba46518f576105773fae7ef53fda1

I had to purchase the end caps seperately to have 4-way connections. They came with only up in/out options initially.

The unit in the rack is the beast that handles the majority of it all. It is the Koolance ERM-2K3UCU (the one with the copper rad) and is made to kill 2,000w of heat per minute. I have a lot of 5mm red LED's on order to change out the clear ones the ERM unit uses to light the 200mm fans at top and the reservoir with, so once my mod is done, that thing will also glow red to match "Frank".
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27926

I have the warmest room in winter and the hottest in summer. This is also why I put the rack close to my entry door and my desk on the other side of the room so I was not next to the fans or source of heat. I stick a box fan between the rack and door to kick the heat out of the room when it gets too much. I am seriously considering hiring an electrician to come and put an exhaust fan above the rack to simply suck the heat out the roof of the house much quieter than that box fan does pushing it to the hallway.

The other thing you do not see in these pictures is the 360 stealth rad in the top of the Corsair 800D. Coming into the 800D I split the tube routing, one goes to the video cards and one goes directly into another 360 rad in the top of the case that has 3 push and 3 pull 120mm fans (the red lights you see from the top are the pull fans). That feeds a MCP355 pump that pushes the liquid directly on the CPU, then joins back into the exit loop from the gpus back out to the Koolance unit.

My system:
Build
Case..........Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower
Mobo.........EVGA X58 Classified3
CPU...........Intel i7 920 D0
RAM...........Dominator GT 6GB 3X2GB DDR3-1866
PSU...........Silverstone Strider Plus 850W
GPU...........PowerColor 5870HD
HDD...........Dual OCZ Vertex2 120GB SSD RAID0
Sound........Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium FATAL1TY Champion

Cooling
Radiator.....Swiftech MCR320-QP Triple Radiator
CPU...........EK-Supreme HF - Nickel (Plexi)
Mobo.........EK Waterblocks EK-FB EVGA X58 Classified - Nickel Acetal
Reservoir....iandh SteathRes 225 Multi-Option Reservoir
Fans..........Coolermaster R4-L2R-20CR 120MM Red LED
Pump.........Swiftech Über MCP-655 (matte black finish)
Sleeving.....MDPC-X Black+Red
Tubing.......PrimoFlex 7/16" ID 5/8" OD Red+Black Tubing
Fittings......Bitspower Matte Black Compression
Coils..........PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - Gloss Red
Dye...........Mayhem Red with Silver KillCoils by iandh
Thermal......IC Diamond 7 Carat & Arctic Silver Ceramique

Bays
Fan cont....Lamptron FC-5 V2
Optical......LG Bluray (with Lian-Li besel)

Sorry for crap lighting... meter had no battery left and no replacement with me here, so had to use the trial and error approach :(

Will post more next week (on white background) and the case as a whole.

sp-fin1.jpg

sp-fin2.jpg

sp-fin3.jpg

sp-fin4.jpg

sp-fin5.jpg

sp-fin6.jpg

Love those black compression fittings - very nice - very clean. Thinking of changing Frank over to compressions eventually - these pics are motivating me that direction even more - well done, great shots - beautiful case.

Back