Post your Corsair Obsidian 800D Pics here!

Interesting. Just never seen one like that before. I guess I am just used to all of the Sound Blaster open pcb type. I'm assuming that one came with your mobo?

Yeah, that's a fairly typical sound card that comes with many of the ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) motherboards.

pc948d8.jpg

Here are the final spec's of what "Frank" consists of:
SYSTEM COMPONENTS:
• Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower Case
• EVGA X58 Classified Overclockers 3-Way SLI+PhysX
• Core i7 975 Extreme 3.33Ghz
• Mushkin PC2000 Redline DDR3 3x2GB Triple Channel Kit
• XFX GTX285 GPU x3 in 3-Way SLI
• XFX GTX285 GPU Dedicated PhysX
• X-Fi Titanium Professional PCI-Exp-1 Sound Card
• Mushkin 64GB SSD x2 in RAID 0 (Boot Drive)
• Dual Boot Set-up (Windows Vista 64 Business/Windows 7 64 Ultimate)
• Western Digital 300GB VelociRaptors x2 in RAID 0 (2x 300GB partitioned for Programs for each OS)
• Western Digital 1TB 7,200 RPM Caviar Black (Storage)
• Hitachi 1TB 7,200 SATA HDD (Storage)
• Asus DVD R/W
• Pioneer BD player / DVD CD-ROM R/W
• 7n1 Card Reader w/Floppy Drive
• Lamptron Fan-Atic 5-Port Military Switch Baybus x2
• Silverstone SST-ST1500 1500W PSU
• Asus VE245 24” 3ms GTG 1920x1080 Monitor
• Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard
• Wacom Intous3 PTZ-630 Tablet
• Logitech z-5300e 280w THX 5.1 Sound system
• Razer Lachesis 4000dpi Mouse
• Razer ExactMat w/Wrist Pad
• Razer Barracuda 5.1 Headset

CPU – NB/SB – MOSFET COOLING LOOP
• Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Block
• Enzotech EVX58 NB/SB Classified Waterblock
• Enzotech EVX58 Mosfet Classified Waterblock
• Swiftech MCP655 pump
• Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80
• TFC Double 240 X-Changer Radiator
• 120mm 19db/97CFM x4 Fans (2 Push/2 Pull)
• PrimoChill Red/Clear ½”ID ¾”OD Tubing
• Bitspower True Silver G1/4 High Flow ½” Barb BP-SLWP-C01 x17
• Bitspower Triple Rotary Mini Snake BSMSR3D x2
• Bitspower “Q” G1/4 360 Connector x2
• Enzotech 90 Degree Rotary Fitting x3
• Danger Den Clear Acrylic “L” G1/4 Fitting x1
• RedLine Super Cool with Wetter Water De-ionized Coolant
• PrimoChill Blood Red Dye Bomb

GPU COOLING LOOP
• Swiftech MCP355 Pump
• XSPC Premium Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC 200ml
• Heatkiller GPU-X2 GTX285 Water blocks x4
• BlackIce X-Flow Stealth GTS 360 Radiator
• 120mm 67CFM/19db w/Red LED x 6 (3 Push/3 Pull) Fans
• Bitspower G 1/4" Black Sparkle 90 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter x4
• Enzotech 90 Degree Rotary Fitting G 1/4 Thread - 1/2" ID Barb x5
• Bitspower Triple Rotary Mini Snake BSMSR3D x4
• Bitspower Rotary Fitting "L" - 90 Degree - Black Sparkle Finish x8
• Bitspower True Silver G1/4 High Flow ½” Barb BP-SLWP-C01 x19
• PrimoChill Red/Clear ½”ID ¾”OD Tubing
• RedLine Super Cool with Wetter Water De-ionized Coolant
• PrimoChill Blood Red Dye Bomb

Do you mind me askign what the total cost was?

Nice builds everyone.

I have a few questions. What are the best bang for the buck silent/air flow 120mm fans. What type of airflow setup did you guys do (fan direction). Is there any possible way of keeping dust out of the case?? I know theres a fan filter at the bottom of the case, but what about the fan for my swiftech h20-120 watercooler or if some of the top 120mm fans were to become intake fans. The fan for the swiftech h20-120 is currently my only exhaust fan, but I would like to turn it into a intake fan and put some exhaust fans on the top of the case. I would like to know the best method (if there is any) of preventing the intake of dust.

Nice builds everyone.

I have a few questions. What are the best bang for the buck silent/air flow 120mm fans. What type of airflow setup did you guys do (fan direction). Is there any possible way of keeping dust out of the case?? I know theres a fan filter at the bottom of the case, but what about the fan for my swiftech h20-120 watercooler or if some of the top 120mm fans were to become intake fans. The fan for the swiftech h20-120 is currently my only exhaust fan, but I would like to turn it into a intake fan and put some exhaust fans on the top of the case. I would like to know the best method (if there is any) of preventing the intake of dust.

Make the fan on your swiftech kit an intake, put 3 1450 GTs on the top as an exhaust. And get the silverstone fan filter for the swiftech intake fan: http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-120mm-Filter-Grill-FF121B/dp/B0036WTDHK

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would like to know the best method (if there is any) of preventing the intake of dust.

My top 3 fans are all intake for my radiator and I just sewed a couple dryer sheets together and leave it on the top of the case and take it off whenever I want it to look pretty or clean it :D

I couldn't bring myself to put a filter on it full-time.

Here is my Corsair Obsidian 800D build. My only "Mod" was having to remove the 140mm fan from the PSU section so I could cut a hole and run the tubing directly down into the top of the MCP655 pump. It was the only way I could run both pumps in the case and I had no other way. So I cut a hole in the mesh, addded a rubber grommet to push the tube through and so it would not get cut on the opening I created and there you have it.

Is there any specific reason you didn't use something like this with those heatkiller blocks?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...t_info&manufacturers_id=174&products_id=25227

Only thing I can see is the bottom card...

EDIT: Found out you figured it out already... still seems like you could do that and sell off the extra pieces... although breaking it all down would be a pain.

Make the fan on your swiftech kit an intake, put 3 1450 GTs on the top as an exhaust. And get the silverstone fan filter for the swiftech intake fan: http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-120mm-Filter-Grill-FF121B/dp/B0036WTDHK

Sorry for the noob questions. Do you mean 3x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM?? Do you recommend I replace the stock swiftech h20-120 fan? I'm not sure if the stock fan causes alot of noise.

If i were to place the fan filter on the intake swiftech fan, what would be a good method of removing the dust off the filter instead of unscrewing everything? Does the method work; out of the 3 fans ontop, the 1st one intakes and the other 2 exhaust? Also would be smart to put fan filters on top of the 3 exhaust fans? I'm asking this because dust will still fall into the computer when its not turned on. I know I'm asking retarded questions, but I'm trying to find the best method to have lower case temps (minimal dust), mainly exhaust the heat caused by my GPU. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My top 3 fans are all intake for my radiator and I just sewed a couple dryer sheets together and leave it on the top of the case and take it off whenever I want it to look pretty or clean it :D

I couldn't bring myself to put a filter on it full-time.

Haha, right now I'm only using the stock fans that came with the case. I currently have magazine covering the top of my case so no dust can fall inside. Trying to learn the best method to set up the best air flow.

Sorry for the noob questions. Do you mean 3x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM?? Do you recommend I replace the stock swiftech h20-120 fan? I'm not sure if the stock fan causes alot of noise.

Yes I recommend those fans. I don't know about the fan that comes with the swiftech kit, but I'd assume it's not as good as the GTs.

If i were to place the fan filter on the intake swiftech fan, what would be a good method of removing the dust off the filter instead of unscrewing everything? Does the method work; out of the 3 fans ontop, the 1st one intakes and the other 2 exhaust? Also would be smart to put fan filters on top of the 3 exhaust fans? I'm asking this because dust will still fall into the computer when its not turned on. I know I'm asking retarded questions, but I'm trying to find the best method to have lower case temps (minimal dust), mainly exhaust the heat caused by my GPU. Thank you for your help!

I think the only way would be to unscrew everything. I mean, I assume you can just get one of those mini-vacuums that are strong to simply vacuum out the dust from the filter without having to unscrew everything since the filter will be placed outside the case anyway.

If the 800D is going to be under your desk, it would be best to make all of them exhaust. If not, the consensus seems to be to have it be Intake-Exhaust-Exhaust starting from the rear.

There would really be no need to place dust filters on the exhaust fans, but I suppose you could if you wanted. Dust getting into the case is going to be inevitable anyway. Especially with the way the hard drive cooling works. It works by taking in air from vented area on the right side of the back, and all the air that goes through there is unfiltered, so your hard drives may end up getting a little dusty.

Yes I recommend those fans. I don't know about the fan that comes with the swiftech kit, but I'd assume it's not as good as the GTs.

I think the only way would be to unscrew everything. I mean, I assume you can just get one of those mini-vacuums that are strong to simply vacuum out the dust from the filter without having to unscrew everything since the filter will be placed outside the case anyway.

If the 800D is going to be under your desk, it would be best to make all of them exhaust. If not, the consensus seems to be to have it be Intake-Exhaust-Exhaust starting from the rear.

There would really be no need to place dust filters on the exhaust fans, but I suppose you could if you wanted. Dust getting into the case is going to be inevitable anyway. Especially with the way the hard drive cooling works. It works by taking in air from vented area on the right side of the back, and all the air that goes through there is unfiltered, so your hard drives may end up getting a little dusty.

I have a 120psi air compressor out in the shop. I just unhook, lug it out there. In about 10 seconds everything is like new.

I have a 120psi air compressor out in the shop. I just unhook, lug it out there. In about 10 seconds everything is like new.

I've been looking into getting one. Those little cans of compressed air don't quite get the job done and they're expensive. Dont you need one with some kind of filter so as not to spray moisture onto your stuff?

Can anyone recommend a small air compressor for the sole purpose of cleaning computers?

I'll throw in some pics of my 700D build I just finished. :D

Overall a great case. I love how all three rads fit inside and the the cable mgt system is friggin nice.
This is the before

img5477o.jpg

Shot at 2010-05-07
A pair of GTX 480s w/DangerDen blocks
img5478nf.jpg

Shot at 2010-05-07
The Thermochill PA120.3 fit nicely up top
img5481y.jpg

Shot at 2010-05-07
A micro res for the graphics loop and the 355 pump/t-line for the cpu fit nicely
img5483mt.jpg

Shot at 2010-05-07
img5488o.jpg

Shot at 2010-05-07
Put some perforated bay covers and a 120mm fan as a intake.
img5500eg.jpg

Shot at 2010-05-07

Corsair built an awesome case and only wish I'd gotten it sooner.

Last edited:

I'll probably go with the intake-exhaust-exhaust method, since the tower sits on my desk. I will have a totally of six fans, so I think it might be a good time to invest in a fan controller, since my motherboard does not have enough fan ports and it will also reduce wire clutter. Do you have any good fan controllers for recommendation?

I found the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM and 1850 RPM both for $13.49 each on koolertek.com. Do you recommend me to still go for the 1450 rpm version the 1850 rpm? I assume if I purchased a fan controller, that it wouldn't make a difference and it would be best to get the best bang for the buck.

I'll probably go with the intake-exhaust-exhaust method, since the tower sits on my desk. I will have a totally of six fans, so I think it might be a good time to invest in a fan controller, since my motherboard does not have enough fan ports and it will also reduce wire clutter. Do you have any good fan controllers for recommendation?

I found the Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM and 1850 RPM both for $13.49 each on koolertek.com. Do you recommend me to still go for the 1450 rpm version the 1850 rpm? I assume if I purchased a fan controller, that it wouldn't make a difference and it would be best to get the best bang for the buck.

I guess if you got a fan controller, it wouldn't make a difference as you could run the 1850s at lower RPMs, but they sound annoying over 1400-1500 RPM IMO. There's a bunch of good fan controllers. Hard to recommend one. The one that compliments the looks of the 800D most is the lamptron fc5 i believe, but it is expensive. The scythe fan controllers look like SHIT on them, but they are good controllers. Zalman has some fan controllers that match the 800D, but they're overpriced.

Still about half assed torn apart but it's running. Not too bad
for my first water cooling setup. It's getting there. Gotta get
rid of those horrible looking orange fans! They are totally breaking
up my theme!

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Still waiting on my
Sappire Toxic 5850 2Gig. Have black clamps ordered for the
cooling system. Gonna flip the waterblock 45 degrees.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

For a second there I couldn't even find your video card. Now that's clean!

LOL it's a little 4650. I sold my 4890 on ebay for 195.00
Can you believe that shit? You can get a brand new one
for that!!! I get my lovely black and blue Sappire 5850
this wednesday.

I didn't realize I had my camera set to 640x480. And I sure as hell ain't lugging that
hernia box back to the shop today so these will have to do.

IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

i almost bought this case. expensive, but looks good. what is it about this case, why does everybody want one?

The case gives you a lot of options and it is well designed for any future additions and expansions. It is also very water cooling friendly.

Awesome rig iTravis...all these great builds are starting to convince me to trade in my rocketfish for a 800D

Very clean rig! Good job on the sleeving. I like how simple it looks. Makes the interior look even more cavernous than it already is!

I didn't realize I had my camera set to 640x480. And I sure as hell ain't lugging that
hernia box back to the shop today so these will have to do.

IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

iTravis, was your PSU not plugged in when you took the picture? I don't see anything coming out of that PSU lol.

Back