Post your "computer-with-a-lot-of-HDDs" here

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
nothing spectatular, but still pretty cool I think. Ill post my home box, with 2 HDDs (1x74 giger and 3x200gb) when i get the pics

6x15k rpm 36gb u320 SCSI (this one is 2 seprate r5 arrays ATM)
KillaBee-Drives1.JPG

6x 10k rpm 74gb u320 SCSI
KillaBee-Drives2.JPG

cyberphox

Weaksauce
alphakry said:
i count either 15 or 16... not bad!!

i'de like to see the controller card setup thou...

Not quite 5 power supplys..only 3...they are daisy-chained together. Just a little something for mp3's....lol.

TeedOff

[H]ard|Gawd
cyberphox said:
Not quite 5 power supplys..only 3...they are daisy-chained together. Just a little something for mp3's....lol.

How are those power supplies chained together?

Kaleim

n00b
I(illa Bee said:
nothing spectatular, but still pretty cool I think. Ill post my home box, with 2 HDDs (4x74 gigers and 2x200gb) when i get the pics

6x15k rpm 36gb u320 SCSI (this one is 2 seprate r5 arrays ATM)
KillaBee-Drives1.JPG

6x 10k rpm 74gb u320 SCSI
KillaBee-Drives2.JPG

I wished I could afford some SCSI disks some time.. Would be nice to run the system on :cool:

Frank4d

Gawd
malicious said:
forgive my HDD newbness but what is file leeching

"Leech" is a name used to describe people on P2P filesharing networks who download huge amounts of files and who offer little or nothing in return.

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
tom61 said:
Downloading large amounts of video and other data.

Video and games come to mind. I think my UT2004 directory of maps and modifications was over 10GB at one point (I love large maps loaded with mods). If you game alot it doesn't take much to exceed your pultry 40GB drive. Even if you don't rip your DVDs and don't have a TV tuner, it's still easy to accrue 100's of GB of video. Sites like this will help fill up that 40GB of yours ;) : http://www.archive.org/details/movies http://www.filefarmer.com/techshows/

dude.. those links are a goldmine.. the broken is pretty cool! old news im sure but new to me i guess. thx :)

DeViLdUdE

Gawd
I could post mine but I'll prolly get flamed/critizised ovr the 4 USB 1 IEEE external drives heh... they are all 250g.

eendje001

n00b
My humble old box, nothing more than a large case to fit in as many hdd as possible...:)
All fitted into a modded old netware server case...

Total number of hdds: 23 (system disc is not visible underneath all the cables)
Total storage: 5.2 TB

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

Kaleim

n00b
eendje001 said:
My humble old box, nothing more than a large case to fit in as many hdd as possible...:)
All fitted into a modded old netware server case...

Total number of hdds: 23 (system disc is not visible underneath all the cables)
Total storage: 5.2 TB

HOLY SHIT :eek:
Damn, 5.2TB.. That would be like 1180 DVD-Rs :D

miskari

[H]ard|Gawd
holy crap pplz!! thats a crazy amt of HDD's/space!!! and im just happy getting my 250GB barracuda!

Haste266

Supreme [H]ardness
sigh, only 5 HDs in this comp. 1.09TB formatted. i have all my SATA ports filled up on my motherboard. i could add another sata hd but i don't feel like spending the money for another controller card.

hoserouting.jpg

sanj101

Limp Gawd
Hey 5 HDDs is still more HDDs than many people will ever go through in their entire lives lol, not counting me obviously :p

bmartin

2[H]4U
Its work, but we have our "shares"

The closest rack at present time (*this was a 6mo. old pic) is full. Full of 250GB drives....

That chair there is mine, and it is COLD IN HERE! (posting from location shown)

1337m0dd3r

[H]ard|Gawd
bmartin said:
Its work, but we have our "shares"

The closest rack at present time (*this was a 6mo. old pic) is full. Full of 250GB drives....

That chair there is mine, and it is COLD IN HERE! (posting from location shown)
Mmm I love the feeling of a racky room :p

NjO

n00b
First post, oh well. ^^

Here's my personal little fileserver.

(if the image doesn't shows up, click here)

Currently holds 15 drives for a total of 3.33TB space (no raid). Wish i had more SATA drives since i hate those IDE flatcables. And yes, there is one hardrive connected via USB, but that is a temporary solution until i have my new motherboard and controller. :)

Xipher

2[H]4U
NjO said:
First post, oh well. ^^

Here's my personal little fileserver.

Currently holds 15 drives for a total of 3.33TB space (no raid). Wish i had more SATA drives since i hate those IDE flatcables. And yes, there is one hardrive connected via USB, but that is a temporary solution until i have my new motherboard and controller. :)
Seems like your ISP doesn't like outside refering URLs or something, as the image isn't showing up in your post, but I can copy and past the URL and see it without issue.

NjO

n00b
Hmm, works fine here (obviously). Anyway, I added a link to the post. :)

eer

n00b
comp.jpg

Updated:
Neated up some of the wires. Getting sleeving and stuff to finish it up the bottom half.
wc4.jpg

4x74GB WD Raptors Raid 0
2x160GB seagates
3x200GB seagates Raid 0

Want to Raid 5 the 200GBs but dont have the money to do yet.

skudmunky

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow, that is one huge pile of wires just sitting on top of the PSU. That's impressive. :D

eer

n00b
skudmunky said:
Wow, that is one huge pile of wires just sitting on top of the PSU. That's impressive. :D

Yea, I have to do something about that. I am going to throw a small radiator above the PSU whenever I get up to doing it.

I guess I will just cut a solder 80% of the wires, and shorten/fit all the wires I use.