POST YOUR AMD XP-M O/Cs here!

max stable: 12.5x200 on 1.725

max good stable: 11.5x227 on 1.725

lowest voltage ever: 2.4 ghz on 1.600

current: 10x222 on 1.600

the only reason i have it on only 3200+ speeds is because i have a *silent*, yes silent, rig. my idle right now is 53c... and this is the only respectable speed i can get without raising the vcore further than 1.600, or overheat (...serious overheat)

ati_azn said:
yep. im running now 1.75 on crappy store bought compoud and Tt blower and i get 62'c full load and 42'c idle (~70'f room tempature with an air purifier blowing under my case) . im going to need some AS5 before summer comes and fries the amd xp-m 2600+ :eek: .

haha my max temp ever was 67c on prime 95 before it failed, the test i mean... woot go mobile

woot. hit over 70c full load with my xp-m now. hee hee. check out the other thread about the highest temp youve ever hit. just ahppened before during my shower. sirens blaring and a messsage popped out " wanring your cpu has hit over 70c!". record breaker! boy im gona need some as5 and a sl-97 ASAP

JV2112 said:

It's not an XP mobile. If you want to wank your OC, do it in an A64 Thread. Otherwise, go shell out for a mobile and then come back.

mwarps said:
It's not an XP mobile. If you want to wank your OC, do it in an A64 Thread. Otherwise, go shell out for a mobile and then come back.

Amen

hmmm.....12.5 x 200 for now its a 45w 2500+ 1.8v seems the nf7-s undervolts though so its more like 1.725. I could go further, but im happy with 2.5ghz, now i just need to tweak it.. Up the fsb, and see if i can get the voltage lower. the sl97 does a good job, but i need to get some as5 i have some antec crap now.

what the highest temps youve guy have hit on your amd xp? i hit over 70 last night. now i have to decrease voltage by .5 and clock to 2.26ghz..still runs over 55 when im surfing the net...

ati_azn said:
what the highest temps youve guy have hit on your amd xp? i hit over 70 last night. now i have to decrease voltage by .5 and clock to 2.26ghz..still runs over 55 when im surfing the net...

The highest I have ever been on a mobile is 75C. Watercooled, no less! But I left the fans off for three hours while watching TV (AIW card), and she was folding, so it got hot.

ati_azn said:

i was playing with the sl-97 when i first got it and ran it without a fan suprisingly at stock voltage it idled at 40c that with the extremely low airflow 120mm fans that came stock in my case, im thinking about changing them for something with more airflow but cant decide on what fans to get.

i can run my 2500-M @ 2.53 (1.85V) around 53c load with crappy watercooling, but switced to 2.42 (1.75V) load temps around 46c

which would you use?

distr0 said:
i can run my 2500-M @ 2.53 (1.85V) around 53c load with crappy watercooling, but switced to 2.42 (1.75V) load temps around 46c

which would you use?

If your only getting an extra 2 FPS while playing games then I'd have to say 2.42.

what are your returns being at 2.5 ? , are they worth the heat and possibly shorter cpu lifespan ?

heres mines with a pin mod(mobo does not allow higher multipliers)
untitled.jpg

Not my constant clock just the highest stable(2 hours of prime torture test) I have been able to acheive, Thats running off a custom watercooling setup with a 12" heatercore and a Danger Den RBX with 1/2"ID fittings.

My everyday speed is 285 * 9.5 on a DFI lanparty Ultra B with the same chip.

-Athlon

athlon3400 said:
http://img168.exs.cx/img168/9845/cpuz1tf.th.jpg

http://img168.exs.cx/img168/3449/untitled3ug0ij.th.jpg

Not my constant clock just the highest stable(2 hours of prime torture test) I have been able to acheive, Thats running off a custom watercooling setup with a 12" heatercore and a Danger Den RBX with 1/2"ID fittings.

My everyday speed is 285 * 9.5 on a DFI lanparty Ultra B with the same chip.

-Athlon

:eek: That's an insane overclock!! I wish I could overvolt that much.. and that my CPU wasn't so shitty. :(

i have a mobile 2600
iqyha 0407 xpmw from excaliberpc, this was fresh from an rma before they went out of business.
man fuck that company, but thats a whole different thread.

2600 mhz at 1.725 volts prime stable
200x13
i can get like 2500 mhz at 1.6 volts
200x12.5
every volt i raise i can get almost 100 mhz

i think it craps out at 2800 mhz at 1.85 volts
havent tried higher
its a really nice chip, i got a beastly ass mobile

What should I do. I have an Athlon 2500 and Abit NF7-S ver. 2.0. I am using 2X256 Dell pc3200 2.5x3x3x6. It has the stock heatsink, but I can buy an aftermarket one for $20. I am using an Antec 400 watt power supply. I haven't received it yet and am new to overclocking, so any help would be appreciated. I was thinking 11X200 for starters and maybe jumping the bus to 210 and raising the timings to 2.5x3x3x11. What do you think? Also, how will this perform; can somebody give ballpark 3dmark01 scores. I have a 9700 pro@330/660. My P4 2.8/133 got 15000.

to Blinkme323

except for the ram and the psu both of our systems are virtually the same. so what i would recommend is pushing the FSB up to 200 first, which i believe you said you would do. and then see how far you can get past that. my corsair ram stopped at 200 and wont go 5mhz higher. if this happens to you, start upping the multiplier by half steps until that maxes out. plus this whole time you should watch the voltage (anywhere below 1.8-1.9 is fine for aircooling).if you want a better heatsink, the Thermalright SI-97 is a good cheap heatsink which i think you can find for $20. 3Dmarks, in 2k1 i would expect somewhere around 13k at stock, 15k for 2200 and at 2400 where im at i get around 17k. however, because you have a different psu, ram, and a different chip, i cant guarantee you'll get that score. .

good luck and happy O/Cing!

Sniviler said:
If your only getting an extra 2 FPS while playing games then I'd have to say 2.42.

what are your returns being at 2.5 ? , are they worth the heat and possibly shorter cpu lifespan ?

yeah i just went back down to 2.42, cant really notice the difference in preformance

it actually got up to around 55c at 2.5, so i'd say a ~10 degree difference for 100mhz is not worth it. just wait till i get a new power supply and a descent water pump (using a $20 pump from wal-mart right now) :D

I am buying a gig of g-skill cas 2.0 ram for $98 and am wondering what overclocks I will be able to get with that. I have a Mobile 2500 and Abit NF7-S ver 2 and a thermaltake s462. I could raise the latency of the ram to 2.5x3x3x11 and I hear it overclocks really well even with stock timings. The old owner said he was running 250 bus under water cooling. What do you think would be adequate for me. 240X10 maybe?

OC.jpg

Just got that AMD 2400+ 35W. I'll probably run it at that speed for everyday use, it's stable and quick, not to mention runs pretty cool (notice temp there, at idle) in a case that's naturally warm from slow spinning fans (computer is nearly silent).

hey folks! sorry if this is a dumb ass question.. im just wondering wat temp should my cpu be at? i have a athlon xp-m 2500...

Lian Li PC-65 Silver Case
AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2500 (1.8ghz -> OC'd to 2.4ghz)
DFI "LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard
Thermalright SLK900-A with Vantec Stealth 92mm
2x512 Corsair Extreme edition PC3200 DDR RAM so thus 1Gig of RAM
Enermax PSU 350Watt?? i forgot LOL
HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (replacing soon with those below)
Mad Dog Multimedia PC slot fan

Graphics Card: nVIDIA e-GeForce 6600GT (my pride and joy) (should i overclock this too?? dunno...)

Harddrives:
SATA 160Gig Western Digital
80GIg Western Digital
8Gig Maxtor (oldest backup i'll get rid of it soon)

Coming up:
DVD-ROM drive
Plextor SATA DVD Burner

XP-M 2600 here

211 x 10

MSI K7N2-L
1GB PC3200 Geil Ultra Series Dual Channel
$10 Masscool Fan
+1 Overclocking newb.

still trying to figure out how to get more o/c out of this thing... maybe my mobo isn't up to it?

Burning in my third 2600+M Now.

First two:
2.50GHz @ 1.8V stable, air, max at about 42C.

This one:
2.6GHz @ 1.9V, water, about to hit 50C

May just back it down to 2.5/1.8.. a nice round 7.5GHz folding in my apartment.

ati_azn said:
whoa damn nice clocks with 1.65 volts! mine wont even O/C that high w/o going up to 1.75 or more :confused:
yeah but mines is just a pin mod. going to try to up the fbs later, first im going to put it in my custon case then i will see if i can water cool it to get it higher.

mwarps said:
Burning in my third 2600+M Now.

First two:
2.50GHz @ 1.8V stable, air, max at about 42C.

This one:
2.6GHz @ 1.9V, water, about to hit 50C

May just back it down to 2.5/1.8.. a nice round 7.5GHz folding in my apartment.
and how many BTU's is your air conditioner that you run in the winter?

badteddy said:
hey folks! sorry if this is a dumb ass question.. im just wondering wat temp should my cpu be at? i have a athlon xp-m 2500...

Lian Li PC-65 Silver Case
AMD Mobile Athlon XP 2500 (1.8ghz -> OC'd to 2.4ghz)
DFI "LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard
Thermalright SLK900-A with Vantec Stealth 92mm
2x512 Corsair Extreme edition PC3200 DDR RAM so thus 1Gig of RAM
Enermax PSU 350Watt?? i forgot LOL
HP CD-Writer+ 9100 (replacing soon with those below)
Mad Dog Multimedia PC slot fan

Graphics Card: nVIDIA e-GeForce 6600GT (my pride and joy) (should i overclock this too?? dunno...)

Harddrives:
SATA 160Gig Western Digital
80GIg Western Digital
8Gig Maxtor (oldest backup i'll get rid of it soon)

Coming up:
DVD-ROM drive
Plextor SATA DVD Burner

first of all what temps are you getting now. its easier that way so we know if your running normal temps.

edit: PLEASE change your sig. its way too long, i think the biggest is supposed to be 10 lines or less.

ryuji said:
and how many BTU's is your air conditioner that you run in the winter?

Rochester, NY is my air conditioner. It was 65*F on Thursday. It's snowing right now.

ati_azn said:
first of all what temps are you getting now. its easier that way so we know if your running normal temps.

edit: PLEASE change your sig. its way too long, i think the biggest is supposed to be 10 lines or less.

Processor Temperature : 49.5 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 43 °C
Power/Aux Temperature : 127.5 °C
Hard Disk Temperature #1 : 35 °C
Hard Disk Temperature WDC WD800JB-00FMA0 13.03G13 : 32 °C

this is with my side panel open and just browsing and chatting. if i close it and play games i notice it reaches up to 60 or so. btw thanks for the advice on my sig i forgot about it

My Mobile 2500+ runs at 2.7GHz 2.0V with a custom made watercooler:
Eheim 1048 pump
1/2" ID tubing
Ford Sierra heatercore
Antarctica Block (1/2" OD)

Temps last time I checked
30C idle
38C load

The CPU will run at 2.76GHz but for rock stability in all weather I keep it at 2,7GHz.

I went from a normal Athlon XP to the mobile. I wasn't looking for an overclock, but I was able to get it up to 2ghz with out trying. The chip is a 2200 35watt that was really cheap. The results are amazing. No longer is my case hot becuase even under full load the CPU is still about 100F(38C). If you are buying a cheaper chip, and dont mind buying a slightly more expensive Mobo, the mobile is the one to get.

overclock.png

that is almost exactly what i am running at right now.. except i have 1.472v on the cpu.. i think it ran fine at 1.45v but crashed after a few days or something.. i run f@h so i want to be sure the cpu has enough volts to not corrupt data too.. but the 2200+ 35w has worked well for me.. my cpu runs about 45c cause i have shuttle.. it was closer to 50 before i took my extra hd out and stuck it in an external enclosure

Anyone know why I'm having such a hard time overclocking this mobile 2500+? My board is an Asus A7N8X Deluxe rev2 and the CPU stepping code is AQXFA.

At 200x11 it needs vcore at 1.7v to be stable in prime95 and superpi (not simultaneously).

At the moment I'm running it at 200x11.5 and even with the vcore at 1.825 (the maximum on this board), it's not always 100% stable. I've also tried going up to 200x12, but the computer restarts within minutes.

I have managed to run prime95 for several hours at up to 2.35Ghz, but other times I've had it fail, restart or lock up completely after around an hour, or even a couple of minutes. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to these results.

It may just be my imagination, but it seems to be slightly more stable when I have the side of the case removed. The temperatures go from about 51c idle / 57c load to about 42c idle / 50c load. However, at times it has been completely unreliable with the case open. The temperatures with the side panel on are fairly high, but not critically so, I would have thought?

The other thing is my PSU - I just bought a new antec truepower 430. It has 26a on the +12 rail. The readings on the Asus voltage monitor are: 11.776 (+12v), 4.838 (+5v), 3.248 (+3.3v). Are these normal? I don't see any spikes or dips in the readings at all.

It seems to be pretty stable for games and everyday use, but the prime95/superpi failures are a bit worrying, and of course I would really like to clock it higher, as I assumed from all the articles I'd read that you could get it going easily at 2.4Ghz with just a small vcore increase. However, I also gathered that the first batches of XP mobiles were the best for overclocking, so have I simply reached the limit of this chip (at 1.825v)?

Mine gets very unstable at anything above 50 degree's. So I would say thats your problem. Get some better cooling.

As for your PSU those are fine, as long as they're within 10% they're usually fine, I've had mine go way under and still havn't experienced a problem, but of course it isn't good for your components.

Also, what kind of ram are you using? Is it PC3200 or better?

Back