Post your 3dMark 2005 scores here. (Link to list in 1st post)

I have decided to make a lot of changes so that it won't take as long for me to post and update the list.

1. I will still collect CPU and RAM data but I will not bother to: count how many of each CPU there are, calculate their average speeds and calculate their average CPU score.

2. The new color scheme is as follows:

SLI = Blue
CrossFire = Orange
ATI flagship card = Red
Nvidia falgship card = Green
Everything else will be black.

3. I am only going to display the top 220 scores, the average overclocks, average scores and any graphs I have in the post from now on.

4. So that you can still see all the scores I will provide the enitre Excel document for your downloading pleasure. :D

Download link for the Excel document!

If you are going to download the Excel document please do not use any of the data or graphs to start your own thread.
If you want to make your own graph or table that would be AWESOME, but please do it in this thread.

[H]ard|Forum 3DMark05 scores Excel sheet download.

The top 220 3DMark05 scores!
scores12206uv.png

Summaries and graphs!

graphsummary5bs.png

Bicarus said:
X1900XT 500/600

3dmark05 score: 7671 (default settings in 3dmark05)

I r have a sadddd score compared to others.. :p
you definitely have a hold back, and x1900 XT shouldnt have any issues with 10k

X1900XT 500/600

3dmark05 score: 7671 (default settings in 3dmark05)

I r have a sadddd score compared to others.. :p

I am not really into overclocking my cpu, is there anything else I can try to tweak?

Bios, use omega instead of ati drivers, etc?

The strange thing is that after I got this x1900xt I ran through HL2 again with all the settings maxed out @ 1280x1024 and the gaming experience compared to my old x800xt was night and day - literelly. Oblivion was another that I noticed a huge increase in detail, etc with HDR and such enabled now, another "night and day" experience.

I think tomorrow I will sit down, get all the detailed specs of what I have installed for Drivers/mem timings, etc and make a new thread asking for help. I don't want to get this thread off topic.

Thanks for your reply though.

~Bic

btw that score was run on a clean default mem/core setting on the card - no overclocking done.

Make sure you turn off all programs before you run 3DMark05.
That might boost your score by a few 100 marks.
If you have virus protection (you should) disable your Internet connection and disable your virus program.

If you still can't reach at least 9,000... well you might need to overclock your graphics card and/or your CPU.
The Prescott will definitely hold you back though like the Guru said.

I only have 1 score from a user with a single X1900 XTX and a Pentium processor. Score number 64.
His CPU is a Pentium D 930 that is OCed to 4.6 gigs though, so there is no way to compare that to your setup.

mentok1982 said:
Make sure you turn off all programs before you run 3DMark05.
That might boost your score by a few 100 marks.
If you have virus protection (you should) disable your Internet connection and disable your virus program.

If you still can't reach at least 9,000... well you might need to overclock your graphics card and/or your CPU.
The Prescott will definitely hold you back though like the Guru said.

I only have 1 score from a user with a single X1900 XTX and a Pentium processor. Score number 64.
His CPU is a Pentium D 930 that is OCed to 4.6 gigs though, so there is no way to compare that to your setup.

Just to give some idea of a P4 with an X1900XT. I have a P4 630 OC'd to 3.75 (my day to day setting) and an X1900Xt flashed to XTX and my score is a measly 9,203. I am still working on it though.I haven't tinkered with the settings in CCC. It is completely stock.

With all my components at stock, I get the same score as you 10,743.

When I OC my CPU & GPU just a little, my score goes up by 300+ points. I have raised it up to 13k, but my 7800gts need better cooling.

Post your exact scores guys and I will totally put you on the list.
The average 7800 GT SLI score is not over 12,500, it is 12,422.

I don't mean to get this thread off topic, but thank you all for your input on this.

I did have my AV/ZoneAlarm, etc running when this was going, I'll unplug the ol' net and turn off everything that isn't required, run ATItool to see what max OC I an get outta it and re-run 3dmark05 again. If I can hit 8k with it oc'd I'd be happy.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 ES @ 3935MHz, 1.56v
Intel D975XBX Bad Axe 0908 BIOS, chipset 1.65v
2x 1GB G.Skill DDR2 800 @ 546MHz 5-5-5-15, 2.2v
2x eVGA 7900 GT @ 750/910, vmod 1.55v
OCZ GameXStream 700w
Windows XP Professional SP2
Swiftech Storm CPU, 2x Maze4 GPU

3d200539355ec.jpg

QuiteSufficient said:

You are killing me. KILLING!

I need more info than just your score.
The minimum requirements to get on the list are:

User
Score
Video card type (ex 7900 GT or X1800 GTO)

I enjoy having more info such as:

Video card driver
Video card core and meory speeds
CPU score
CPU type (eg P4 3.0 or Athlon 64 3500+)
CPU speed
Memory amount

Much of this info (except for CPU type) is usually found in the 3DMark05 compare link.
The link looks like this (I removed the "h" in "http" on purpose:
ttp://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2041696
NOT like this:
ttp://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectdetails.jsp?projectType=12

All will be forgiven if you at least tell me what video card you have.
Thank you.

I have noticed that alot of the screenshots show that the CPU tests have n/a after it.
Does that mean that only the Game Tests were done and the CPU test unchecked?
Perhaps that is where my lower number comes from cause it runs through the cpu tests at
like 3 or 4 fps. :( I am running version 1.0.something of 3dmark05. I have seen some
versions of 3dmark05 as 1.2? - does that make a difference in scores when ran compared
to 1.0.?

I tried oc'ing with ATI Tool, but after 4 or so minutes (and the slider was almost at the top number)
my screen became unlegible and had to reboot to be able to see things correctly
(mass screen artifacting). The card is fine once it rebooted though.

What would be safe numbers I can set my Connect3d x1900xt card to from it's defaults? I
did a search on Connect3d x1900xt but couldn't find per say specifics on what others have
set theirs to that work without any problems. Perhaps I could possible reach 8k if I tweak
it to where the card can handle it safely.

Eitherway here is my latest score. (default 3dmark05 settings)

Bicarus
X1900XT 500/600
(comp specs in sig).
3dmark05 Score: 7763 (almost a 100 point increase by just turning off programs)

Not doing the CPU test does nothing to your 3DMark05 score.

Just hit ESC after the first CPU test loads. People hate watching the tests at such a low FPS and it takes a long time.
I am not a ATI video card owner but I would run ATI tool for 3.5 minutes, write down the speeds, close ATI tool then
overclock to the speeds you wrote down. If 3DMark05 starts artifacting or just pauses, hit ESC and lower the overclock.

I have not calculated the average speeds of the X1900 XT yet because I don't really have enough X1900 XT scores yet (8).

I went back to the drawing board, downloaded ati tray tool to overclock, but it says in there "overclocking disabled". So I went to the CCC to do some overclocking (yeah I know ATI overdrive settings :p). and was able to get the following score.

*also am pushing up my cpu speed as well I have been thus far been able to get an extra 300+mhz by just stepping it up slowly - but I think I can push it more as my temps are running at max 48c with my Thermaltake 775 heatpipe cpu cooler).

here is a screenie of the stats. I am almost at 8k.. :D
BicsOCtest1.jpg

Of 3 runs, 9080 was my highest.

System:
Intel 805D 2.66GHz, OC'ed to 3.6 GHz
ASUS p5wd2-e premium motherboard
2 gigs matched DDR2 800 RAM (can't recall the make atm.. think it's XMS gold)
2x HiS x1800GTO 256mb in crossfire
(edit: The card (cards?) were OCed in CCC to 574MHz GPU, 549Mhz MHz memory)
2x 250gb WD drives in RAID 0...

The crossfire seems to get messed up in the 3rd test - the one with the blimp.. you can actually see them get out of synq, and if you watch carefully the FPS counter flashed between like 20 FPS and 70 FPS.. hopefully the next driver release fixes that.

this weekend I'm going to install my Sythe Ninja I got for it, and see how high I can get the processor.

PassingThru said:
Sorry, I'll try to find a copy of 05 to download now.,

There is a 3DMark06 score thread as well. Just click on "Replies" in the video card section.
The thread has over 615 replies so it is to find it by sorting by replies.
Just wanted to let you know so that you don't feel like you wasted your time.

So has anyone downloaded the XLS document and fooled around with it yet?
Show me what you got, you demigods of data, you sultans of scores...

Just ran it on my 'old' system..

3DMark score: 5028

System:
ABIT IC7-MAX 3 MB
2 gigs ram
2.8 Pentium 4 OC'ed to 3.22 GHZ
GeForce 6800GT (non-OC'ed)

I decided to try oc'ing my cpu/memory and a bit more on my x1900xt card. I am running an air cooled system (no water cooling at all), and was suprised to be able to overclock my system with the following spec's and my new highest 3dmark05 score to date.

I am not sure what max temps that a Pentium 4 540 3.2 can go to, but the max I got from SpeedFan was 52*c at it's highest and I thouht I should stop there til I know how far I can actually push the temp.

1st score: 7671 (no overclocking of anything)
2nd score: 7992 (baby step overclocking)
3rd score: 8309 (stopped oc'ing until get more info on max 540 temps)

Anyways here is the new screenie. I actually got my 3.2(stock) to 3.7ghz(fluxuated).

BicsOCtest2.jpg

For running a benchmark under 65c is what I would recommend.
A benchmark run is a one time thing though, you probably don't want to run the CPU that fast all the time.

I agree with you totally on not running that speed permanently. My cpu is back to its normal 3.2 speed.

Keep that highest score as my "official best" on my current hardware for now. :D

Thank you all for your input.. it helps..

Borrowed the XLS file and did some formulas on it (sumif's basically).

Top graph is the top 20 most used gpu's
Lots of 6800GT users.. :eek: :D

Bottom left is how many Ati users compared to Nvidia

Bottom right is total GPU models used (I think I got that one right)
44 different ATI cards used
43 different Nvidia cards used
87 total.. :p

3dmark05calcs.jpg

mentok1982 said:
That is good enough for 6th place on the list. You need 59 more marks to move up to 5th.

Bicarus thank you some much for posting some graphs. I love data and I like seeing what you guys
can do with it. Does anyone have some pie charts up their sleeves? Mmmmm pie.

Hmm.. I was gonna download the spreadsheet and fool around with it while I was at work, but when I download it (the link on the first post), it says it's not a valid archive..?

Danith said:
Hmm.. I was gonna download the spreadsheet and fool around with it while I was at work, but when I download it (the link on the first post), it says it's not a valid archive..?

I am at work and I have downloaded it from both posts and it worked fine for me.
Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

mentok1982 said:
Bicarus thank you some much for posting some graphs. I love data and I like seeing what you guys can do with it. Does anyone have some pie charts up their sleeves? Mmmmm pie.

No problem..

I'll try making a pie chart. If you want pm me ur email address so I can send you the edited scores.xls excel file.

Back