Post your 3dMark 2005 scores here. (Link to list in 1st post)

Hupo said:
3519.... is that bad for my setup??? VVV
||`|| Belkin Wireless pci card
||'|| Creative Live! 24bit soundcard.
||'|| Windows X64
Uhm, yeah. That's pretty bad... All I can think of is try standard 32-bit XP. 64-bit isn't very optomized right now (too many things are still 32-bit or buggy.)

Nazo said:
Uhm, yeah. That's pretty bad... All I can think of is try standard 32-bit XP. 64-bit isn't very optomized right now (too many things are still 32-bit or buggy.)

Well turns out there was an update from 5.11 to 5.12 and i didnt have ccc setup... Ill post back

Got two scores for you:

My current and soon to be redundant system:

9700Pro : 2551 @ 360/324, running CATs 5.12

My new still to be watercooled system:

X1800XT : 9754 @ 690/800, running CATs 5.12

What a difference a few years makes!

My updated 3DMark05 score, after further tweaking with my memory timings and eliminating the bloated Norton crap:

7,020 @ 438/1002 with the 81.95 WHQL-certified ForceWare drivers.

Indolentron said:
My Radeon X850XT only got 4992, that doesn't seem high enough...
What's your CPU running at? I don't think even at stock your video card should be that limited though. My X850XT-PE got around 6.7K, and it's among the lower cards. Many got even better. What settings did you use? Any forced vsync, FSAA, or anything else like that on?

Indolentron said:
My Radeon X850XT only got 4992, that doesn't seem high enough...

My X850XT PE did exactly the same thing (scored 4750) the first time I used it. I'm assuming you're using AGP? I went into the BIOS and increased my AGP aperture from 64MB to 128MB... that fixed it - now I'm scoring 6200-6500.

YIKES. I'm using 256... You definitely need a minimum of 128 for that. If you have the memory to spare, more is better, just bear in mind that it decreases the amount of available memory for things, though I think that more than 256MB doesn't really help things very much. I remember I tried 64 a while back with the assumption one of the problems I was having with a game (the NFS-MW hitching, which still remains) might be related to running out of memory or something. It got about 50x worse when I lowered my aperature that low. The game was jerking left and right. I raised the aperature back and it started running as smoothly as it's able again. I think you have to test to see whether 128 or 256 works best for you (some say 128, some say 256, but, more say 128.) For some reason, with my current drivers (using DeathEvil's chipset drivers) my system totally freaks out if I set aperature to 128 instead of 256 and even the desktop runs at a crawl, 3D applications fail, etc. If you have 512MB+ of memory and have decent latencies, just set it to 256 and don't worry about it I say.

Update,,,, I finally broke the 10K barrrier in 3d05!! I wound the video card up
alittle tighter to 610/1810. The processor I bumped from 2.2 to 2.4ghz. I know
this isn't much for you guys but it's my first foray into O/Cing anything...

3Dmark05 score, New best,,,, 10156 (couldn't insert an image)

Desolate said:
so horrendous
You know, hardware is dirt cheap right now, especially RAM. You could pick up at least a 1GB of good PC3200 for $80 and a nice video card for $200-250, if you want to.

Mr. K6 said:
You know, hardware is dirt cheap right now, especially RAM. You could pick up at least a 1GB of good PC3200 for $80 and a nice video card for $200-250, if you want to.
yea i've been meaning to but i need a job first

gotta go agp cause i dont feel like buying a new mobo :(

Desolate said:
yea i've been meaning to but i need a job first

gotta go agp cause i dont feel like buying a new mobo :(

the 6800GS will be coming out in an AGP flavor soon... those are turning in some really good numbers. Don't fret - there are always options. :)

Here is my latests score with the new X1800XT OC BIOS (700 / 1600)

X1800_10127.JPG

Nazo said:
What's your CPU running at? I don't think even at stock your video card should be that limited though. My X850XT-PE got around 6.7K, and it's among the lower cards. Many got even better. What settings did you use? Any forced vsync, FSAA, or anything else like that on?
Didn't realize i was forcing 6x AA :LOL: not the first time i've done that, d'oh... anyways, new score:

Seems only a touch low, maybe because I'm on dual monitor and running stuff in the background. Stock cooling and speeds.

Hey Mentok, why can't we designate which cards are 7800GTX and 7800GTX 512?

Right now, I can only differentiate by looking at ram speeds and even then, HeavyH20's glitched core/ram speeds throw that method off

Just finished building my PC and installing everything last night.

Running: Opteron 175 stock speed, ASRock 939 Dual SATA, ASUS X800 Pro VIVO @ 513/525 & flashed to 16 pipes (500 point improvement just doing that), 1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Level 2 Black (BH5 chips), and a bunch of other crap that doesn't affect 3DMark performance...

Tim

bubblethumper said:
Hey Mentok, why can't we designate which cards are 7800GTX and 7800GTX 512?

Right now, I can only differentiate by looking at ram speeds and even then, HeavyH20's glitched core/ram speeds throw that method off

I know what you mean, I feel the same way.
However it would be giving the 7800 GTX special treatment, since I don't do that for the
other cards that have more than one memory size.

Also...um I forget what else.
No really, I did...I had another reason.

Here is another not so convincing reason, and it is not the one I forgot.
The very end of the list that has the average score for each card type is pretty large right
now, and I want to try to keep it as small and as simple as I can.

mentok1982 said:
I know what you mean, I feel the same way.
However it would be giving the 7800 GTX special treatment, since I don't do that for the
other cards that have more than one memory size.
Definitely something to consider for 2007 though.

Well, played with a 6800 GS a little. Some BIOS tweaks :D

Anyway, the new 6800 GS score is:

And, for you 7800 GT owners, you may find this interesting. Someone on XS scored 7872 with a 6800 GS. Don't know about anyone else, but my BS detector went right off the scale. But, it is all legit. Volt modded cores and Zalman air cooled. That part was not mentioned right away.

7872 with a 6800 GS at XS

MasterOfNone said:

Just finished building my PC and installing everything last night.

Running: Opteron 175 stock speed, ASRock 939 Dual SATA, ASUS X800 Pro VIVO @ 513/525 & flashed to 16 pipes (500 point improvement just doing that), 1 Gig Mushkin PC3200 Level 2 Black (BH5 chips), and a bunch of other crap that doesn't affect 3DMark performance...

Tim
with that Opty you can blow away my score. start taking those core and mem speeds up that card does just fine on air. i hit 6606 with mine on an 3000+ ocd to 2250

flynlr said:
with that Opty you can blow away my score. start taking those core and mem speeds up that card does just fine on air. i hit 6606 with mine on an 3000+ ocd to 2250

I read your post and tried ATITool once again to see if my extra cooling (copper ramsinks, Zalman VF-700 Al-Cu and three fans blowing on the card) made any difference....bummer, but not one bit of difference. Card gets errors on the core at 522, and the memory gets errors at 529. I'm fine with it staying at the 513/525 mark for now. I can still run UT2k4 at 1600x1200 "holy shit!" settings with 6X AA and 16X Aniso - pulling about 60 fps most of the time and a few times in the low 30's. I doubt I would even notice if I dropped the AA down to 2X just to keep the frames a little higher on the low end. Even Battlefield 2 looks great at 1280x1024 (haven't tried any higher settings or even AA and Aniso) and that's all that really matters to me.

I can still overclock the processor. I have yet to understand all the BIOS settings since I came from an nForce 2 that I would just up the FSB and be done with it. Tried upping the FSB on the Opty and thought I had all the other settings right and ran it at 240x11 w/188 mhz ram speed, but the PC locked up on '05's CPU test. Ran fine for 3DMark 01 with a score in the mid 28,000's. I have to do some more reading on what all the HTT and other crap all means and how to keep everything in sync. I have plenty of time, just not the patience to keep messing with something, that's why I like to read up on it and do the job in as few tries as possible.

Tim

HeavyH20 said:
Well, played with a 6800 GS a little. Some BIOS tweaks :D

Anyway, the new 6800 GS score is:

And, for you 7800 GT owners, you may find this interesting. Someone on XS scored 7872 with a 6800 GS. Don't know about anyone else, but my BS detector went right off the scale. But, it is all legit. Volt modded cores and Zalman air cooled. That part was not mentioned right away.

7872 with a 6800 GS at XS
im very impressed about the new 6800GS... it seems like a awesome card.... i wonder if they continue with the NF3 + 6800= studderings issue does anyone know if its like a new core?

a hair under 8600

LeadTek 7800 GTX @ 480/1300
64 4000+ @ 2.6Ghz (effective FX-55)
2Gb PC3200 RAM

Warrior said:
im very impressed about the new 6800GS... it seems like a awesome card.... i wonder if they continue with the NF3 + 6800= studderings issue does anyone know if its like a new core?

It is a completely different core than the other 6800's. It is basically the 6800 Go chip on a card that uses the 110 nm process like the 7800. That's why they clock so much higher than the GT or even most Ultra cards.

Back