Post your 3dMark 2005 scores here. (Link to list in 1st post)

DiddlySquat said:
Damn, only 2960 with an FX-55 and 9800XT?? Whats wrong with my comp?!

The problem is that you have a 9800XT. No idea why you have an FX-55 and just a 9800XT. You'd think if you could afford that processor, you could afford a better card :p

Attention!

In case you missed it this is why the list has yet to be updated.

"Due to me being a naughty boy with a copy of The Grudge on my computer, I have been without Internet access since Thursday. (last Thursday to last Tuesday)I should have it back today sometime...I hope.

Any way when I was first told of my copyright infringment, I freaked out and I started deleting things willy-nilly. I ended up deleting my My Documents folder, which of course had The 3DMark05 list in it. Yeah the list is gone!

Yet fear not. Using the pictures of the list, I plan on rebuilding it manually, unless someone can tell me how to copy text from a picture into Microsoft Excel! It will be hard and tedious work but after all it is all my fault, and you guys should not be inconveinenced by it!

So hopefully by the end of this week the list be alive again and in an actual Excel workbook!"

Actually becuase I have been really busy with school, I have yet to START bringing the list back to life by hand. I will be working on it a lot tomorrow and I hope to be done before Monday. Please bear with me guys! ;)

I dont really see the need to upgrade my video card yet. the 9800xt runs everything perfectly right now

I own you all with my hella score of 4481!!! roar meow type stuff... So yeah, nothing is oc'ed.

DiddlySquat said:
I dont really see the need to upgrade my video card yet. the 9800xt runs everything perfectly right now

All depends on your definition of 'perfect'. My definition of 'perfect' is 1600 with at least 2xAA / 16xAF with ~40FPS minimum average. ;)

The reason your score so low is because it's a 9800XT. Cards out now adays are twice as fast (more than twice when OC'd), so your score will obviously be low. If you were to put an x800XT in there and keep it all stock you'd get around 5800.

Well i can run both Doom 3 and HL2 with 8X AA and 16X AF at 1280 x 960 without any lag. Average doom fps: 53
Average hl2 fps: 78

I barely get any lag if i bump it up to 1600 x 1200, but i dont even need that resolution.

Until a card comes out that will make my computer absolutely scream in games im pretty content for now :)

DiddlySquat said:
Well i can run both Doom 3 and HL2 with 8X AA and 16X AF at 1280 x 960 without any lag. Average doom fps: 53

Time for me to flog my 6800Ultra, since I only get 57fps in the timedemo running at 1280x1024 4xAA 16xAF, which is the closest I could get to the setting you say you were using. Funnily enough I couldn't locate a 1280x960 resolution for D3 - perhaps you configured it to run at that through the console.

And I was pretty sure that the Ultra pretty much triples the performance of the XT in Doom3, but here it is less than 10% faster.

it is a conspiracy!!!! ATI made a secret deal with ID to "enchant" the 9800XT with special powers. Now your 9800XT flies with pretty rainbow colors. */me passes the pipe to the next person*

**************NOOB ALERT!!! ****************

3d05pugger7fo.jpg

Is this ne good for the system i have??? :)

Got a new high of 5727. When I ran the test again I got 5660-5707.
I got my GT oc'ed to 438/1173

something's wrong with my sys. I just put it together... again, formatted and all. 4678 with system in sig. nvidia drivers: 70.90 or something, the newest beta I believe

Dallows said:
something's wrong with my sys. I just put it together... again, formatted and all. 4678 with system in sig. nvidia drivers: 70.90 or something, the newest beta I believe

Doesn't sound too far off of what you should be getting. Just a bit low.

Dallows said:
ugh.. beta drivers. Try uninstalling the beta and go with the latest non beta version. It does the same with ati. The beta drivers gave it a lower score.
BUT those scores do sound about right. It all depends on what your running such as programs. Make sure to close all video eating programs. or better yet close all programs that are not needed.

Nauseous said:
What card do you have?

man me an you have the best scores :D

DRJ1014,

Yeah, but if I get better performance in games I'll take the beta. And someone else here has the same betas and their score went up 156 points. I just did a fresh windows xp sp1 install with no programs running in the background.

Dallows said:
DRJ1014,

Yeah, but if I get better performance in games I'll take the beta. And someone else here has the same betas and their score went up 156 points. I just did a fresh windows xp sp1 install with no programs running in the background.
it all depends on how you run your computer. if it works then keep it and wait for the next non beta drivers to come out and keep the beta

Nauseous said:
http://reviews.cnet.com/PNY_Verto_GeForce_FX_5200_Ultra/4505-8902_7-21226233-2.html?tag=tab

only place i could find my card :( newegg dont even have it

pny doesnt even have it on there site

I have an Athlon Mobile XP @ 2.4Ghz (200 x 12), 1gig kingston cas3 ram, EVGA 6800NU

Stock 6800 settings: 3289 3dMarks
324/702 with 16x 6vp enabled: 3659
400/801 with 16x 6vp enabled: 3786

Is this about on par? 69.33 Drivers, windows xp pro.

darn it! update it again! i am at 5604 now and i should be in 47 place not 63!!! lol

Back