Post your 3dMark 2005 scores here. (Link to list in 1st post)

Previously scored 10195

New score:

What did I change? Nothing on the GPU level, OC'ed the 3700+ to 2.6 (235x11) at the moment. Versus the 2.2GHz on the previous run.

3dmark.jpg

9800Pro ~ 2500
6600GT ~ 3400
X800XL ~ 5,550
7800GT - 7710 81.85
SLI'd 7800GTs - 10195 81.87 Beta (CPU at 2.2GHz)
SLI'd 7800GTs - 11458 81.87 Beta (CPU at 2.6GHz)

bbertram said:

AMD 4400 Dual Core
2 Gigs of ram
2x 7800 GTX's

Barely 100 3dmarks difference between a 3700+ w/ 2x 7800GT's?

Surely can't say the same for real games.

SPARTAN VI said:

Each 3DMark at the time it's made is designed to remove ALL cpu limitations reasonably possible at that time and for a little while past it. 3DMark05 still somewhat manages this. Honestly though, in real gaming the difference is about that much with such high end processors as these. Games are designed to run on some seriously low end CPUs for some reason (I still see the occasional rare pentium 3 listed in the requirements on the box!) So don't actually expect huge jumps with modern games. However, it is true that it means the cpu will be still good for a lot longer (heck, I was actually chugging along pretty nicely with that Barton 2600+M @ 2.5 in games like FEAR, so they last a while.)

Now, if you want to see a difference, compare the 3DMark01 scores of those two people. There you'll see something noticable.

Speaking of CPUs, Gadfly, impressive CPU mark.. I get only around 5.2k with my chip at 2.5. If they scaled linearly, you should have around 7k or so. That is the S939 opteron, right?

Nazo said:
I don't know if this is still being actively maintained or not, but, my score should be updated if it is.

Uh yeah!
I am still here. Geez.
I have a job now but I still read [H]ard|Forums every day, I just don't post as often.

I need 6 more new scores for the 1,350 score edition.

mentok1982 said:
Uh yeah!
I am still here. Geez.
I have a job now but I still read [H]ard|Forums every day, I just don't post as often.

Haha, don't worry. We appreciate what you're doing. Just ignore the "GARSH! MY SCORE NEEDS TEH UPDATE!!1! WTF IS MENTOoOoOoK!"

We [H]eart You

mentok1982 said:
Uh yeah!
I am still here. Geez.

Ah, sorry, all I meant by that statement was just that I hadn't posted or kept up with the thread in a LONG time (as in since shortly after I first got this card.)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1426520

swapped my p4 540 back into my computer, and put my bro's p4 520 back into his computer (he's only using a 9600 pro video card anyway, he won't notice a damn thing when gaming). score went up a bit from 6800ish. Finally after oc'ing the processor AND the card, I'm getting a score that most 7800gt owners (with an AMD processor) are getting at stock speeds

You already have me in there with my Shuttle / X800XT, but this is my new score on my brand-spanking new system. 12,565 (Specs in sig) SLi = Yeeeeeee-haw!

Specs in sig-

EDIT: Wow, just realized that this score would put me at #17 out of 1,300+, sweet!

3 more new scores are needed ladies and gentlemen.

Finally got my first X850 Pro and 6800 GS scores. Thanks a bunch.

mentok1982 said:
3 more new scores are needed ladies and gentlemen.

Finally got my first X850 Pro and 6800 GS scores. Thanks a bunch.

Great.

I am sure this has been said 100 times already, but thanks mentok. This is a great thread and is loaded with valuable information. Thanks again.

J

SPARTAN VI said:

SLI'd 7800GTs - 11458 81.87 Beta (CPU at 2.6GHz)

That explains abit, lol. 400 more mhz than me, your no longer running a 3700+ but a 5000+

Slick Tide said:
Nice OC on the VC. Is that water too? What did it do on air. I got the same card thinking of some extreme cooling myself.

I ran it on air for a day to see how it did. It does the same OC on air, but, after one or two runs, I get artifacts at limit. With watercooling (I use the Innovatek G70), you can run it harder and longer and not get the artifacts.

Got another x850 Pro score for you mentok. x850 Pro AGP has been flashed to XT-PE open 16 pipes, core is R481. 610 core, 610 memory. Wierd coincidence they perform so closely. Flashed back to x850 Pro to regain pulse width fan modulation control but device ID isn't recognized properly afterwards.

Unfortuantely, I'm still on a Socket A mobile XP Barton on NF2 or I'd probably have much higher scores.

68612lc.jpg

Jewball said:
You already have me in there with my Shuttle / X800XT, but this is my new score on my brand-spanking new system. 12,565 (Specs in sig) SLi = Yeeeeeee-haw!

Specs in sig-

EDIT: Wow, just realized that this score would put me at #17 out of 1,300+, sweet!

Jewball, I was considering the SN95G5 as a new system and I was wondering what your score was with that X800XT (clock/mem?) and what CPU you used.

Jewball said:
Great.

I am sure this has been said 100 times already, but thanks mentok. This is a great thread and is loaded with valuable information. Thanks again.

J

I am very glad you like it. I have added a fresh clean lemony sent.

Also 1 more new score is needed.
Tomorrow is my day off and I will make sure to update the list.

Score: 8217

eVGA 7800GT @ 500/1200 (NV Silencer 5 + slot cooler) . . . Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.772 MHz (max benchable CPU speeds) RAM @ 308 MHz 2.5-4-4-7 . . .

Pretty satisfied with it, not gonna try any higher . . .

Another of my oddball results:

608 3DMarks, GeForce 6100 integrated graphics, 425MHz core, single channel shared PC3200 memory, 81.32 drivers

I can't publish the project because the ORB doesn't recognize the GeForce 6100 (C51) core. :rolleyes:

Main Test Results
3DMark Score 608 3DMarks <---- pathetic
CPU Score 3583 CPUMarks

Detailed Test Results
Game Tests
GT1 - Return To Proxycon 2.7 fps
GT2 - Firefly Forest 1.9 fps
GT3 - Canyon Flight 2.8 fps

CPU Tests
CPU Test 1 1.9 fps
CPU Test 2 3.0 fps

So you would be seeing the updated list here...but Imageshack has "An Internal Server Error".
I think I am done using them.
Please post some recommendations for a new picture hosting site.

I need:

To post pictures of sizes up to AT LEAST 1 MB. More than 1MB would be great.
To be able to upload more than one pic at a time.
To be able to delete more than one pic at a time.
To be able to store at least 100 pictures.
And the site has to be free!

1,355 scores fellas.

Imageshack is fixed for now I guess.
Still recommend me a new host pretty please.

scores12403mn.png

scores2414808xh.png

scores4817209wu.png

scores7219603lg.png

scores96112009kg.png

scores120113555nz.png

\o/

Just for kicks I ran my fileserver/musicbox/other comp thru the ringer with this unfortunate 9800 pro i've been beating up the last day or so.

3295gimpthrone8wi.jpg

9800pro @ XT speeds ~ think its a +2500 barton 200x10 with some other crap that noone else wanted :)

Just to let you know, my video card's clocks when it achieved that score were 375/700. I think that this is proving a trend I had suspected -- that the 6800 sees little boost from ocing the memory, but, a lot of boost from ocing the core. I wish I could remember the results from when I tried 1.3V and the core went Doom 3 stable all the way up to 433MHz...

Well, the card I'm replacing it with is ordered and I'll be picking it up in the not so far future. I may not bother to oc since it's a X850XT PE and out of the box it does some wonderful things. Also, I'm putting together a system for someone soon and will probably be stability testing thoroughly. While I'm at it, I'll have a stock X300SE score for you soon so you can keep the list as populated as possible (more numbers = more accuracy, even if there isn't exactly much call for such low end cards by users who care about performance.) It will be horrible, whatever it is, though. d-:

BTW, the 6100 integrated score seems like it can't be too far off to me. It's already designed to be low end (and nVidia and ATi both have bad track records when it comes to their model numbering schemes that so often give a much higher number to a weaker card,) but, integrated never works that great. Not only does it steal system memory for it (and I'd be sure to check the memory allocated to it as well as if you have enough memory to begin with) it has to use the slower plain everyday DDR a system users when real video cards use a less standard higher performance memory (hence the g in gDDR.) All in all, I would expect a so called 6100 to be outperformed by many lower numbered real graphics cards. Sorry, I mean no offense or anything, it's just that onboard in general sucks and you'd have to pay me to use a board even with a high level integrated GPU.

And Aaron_ATX, thanks for the reminder that Athlon XP isn't dead by any means yet. I still can't forget all the people who were telling me it was back when I had a Mobile Barton oced to 2.5GHz and found that FEAR was still pretty decently playable (honestly the 128MiB video memory held me back far more than any minor CPU limitations.)

Back