Post Your 360 PlayStation

I like how Steve has a Westinghouse HD LCD TV since its what I am using for my 360 and so far its wonderful. I will post pics as soon as my camera recharges.

I should learn to keep myself from looking a threads like these, all they do is make me feel poor :(

It actually works like this:

http://www.****************************/office/lcdtv_setup5.jpg

For each workstation (x3) there is a:

PSP
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360
GameCube
DS

Two workstations are 3GHz boxes, one NVIDIA powered, one ATi powered. The two workstations share the LCD HDTV but run games on the workstations monitors as well. While one person is using the HDTV the other can use his monitor or the big screen for HD gaming.

My workstation has two boxes, one Intel powered, one AMD powered and one each of the above mentioned consoles except my PSP is ceramic white and my 360 and GameCube are skinned. We have a file server / music box on the network as well.

I am eventually going to get a black SFF to replace the aluminum colored one so that the all the workstations match.

Steve said:
I could have sworn I replied to this thread already, and technically...I shouldn't even count, but...here we go:

My area, My 360:
http://www.****************************/x1.jpg

Second workstation:
http://www.****************************/x2.jpg

Third workstation:
http://www.****************************/x6.jpg

Console test area. One console for each of the two workstations above. Each console can run through the 19" LCD monitors on the workstation or use the 32" LCD HDTV. The Xbox 360 on the right also poweres the HD Projector:
http://www.****************************/x3.jpg

Another view:
http://www.****************************/x5.jpg

DVD / relaxation area:
http://www.****************************/x8.jpg

160" budget big screen:
http://www.****************************/x7.jpg

i just spooge'ded

Sorry, forgot to post last night:
Panasonic 50" LCD rear projection. Gonna get rid of it for a 60" 1080p set, so you might see it on the buy/sell forum this summer.
360_rig.jpg

Lamont said:
superostrich, looks like you have a kid running around there with the child lock on the cabinet ^_^!! I'll post a pic soon...
Yeah, gotta lock up the goodies or else the little terror will destroy everyting. I love my son to death though. Funny thing is when I placed my xbox on the floor he stood on top of it. I was like OH MY GOD! Luckily he doesn't weigh too much and did not cause any damage.

People who are posting PGR screens...how are you not getting any jaggies?!

I have my XBox 360 hooked up to a Dell 2600 LCD TV (which is great by the way)...via a VGA lead and have the res set to the native of the panel (1280x768). Yet I still see jaggies...is this normal? I am sure something isnt right...I also get them over component?? Any help would be much appreciated...I'd post some screens of my setup but I dont have a digicam at the moment...

Firewall said:
Wait, so you actually are a console tester? And you get paid? Where do I sign up. No, serisoulsy.

Yeah, and do they have a public forum?
/sarcasm

Firewall said:
Wait, so you actually are a console tester? And you get paid? Where do I sign up. No, serisoulsy.

I would like to know also, sounds better than selling ass :)

I think the demo of PGR and the retail version are different in regards to resolution at which it's played. I may be wrong.

Yeah, gotta lock up the goodies or else the little terror will destroy everyting. I love my son to death though.
Yeah, I got the child-latch on the games. I used to keep all my systems in that cabinet to the right, but when I got the 360, I had to get a second smaller cabinet just for that, and a new TV stand to put them in, and I've yelled at him enough where he doesn't touch the systems anymore. He's two now, so I let him play games when he asks.

planetboogie said:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here is my setup. Everything looks kinda small but thats just an illusion as that is a 71" Samsung TV. BTW, the sound system is all M&K. If you don’t know M&K, check out their website at http://mksound.com My setup is the same setup used at Skywalker Ranch in their screening room, production offices, as well as in the “Star Wars” sound design studio (http://www.mksound.com/starwars_plus.htm). Topping off the system are two Buttkicker LFEs (transducers) mounted to the floorboards (from below), centered about 10 feet apart and slightly to the rear of the room. They make all the difference in the world… you actually feel the game instead of just hear it. In fact, the first time we cranked it up, it was so powerful it the DVD player couldn’t track the movie due to skipping. This was resolved by placing large isolators under the TV stand to minimize vibration.

Amazing setup. The only thing I wonder, as i see this so often, is why people place the L and R speakers so close together. Dolby suggest they should be 22-30 degrees off centre, and some suggest that the distance between the speakers should be the same as from the speaker to the listener.

Firewall said:

Its me...Steve. You know, go to the front page...that's the same Steve.

Heh, no biggy bro, we have lots of people who only visit the forums and I don't post in the forums 1/10 as much as I used to.

urbsnspices said:
Yeah, and do they have a public forum?
/sarcasm

HOLY SHIT that was funny! Damn near shot coffee out of my nose on that one! :D

Don't feel bad, I had someone LITERALLY threaten to report me to Kyle and ME two weeks ago. I need to start hanging out in the forums more ;)

monster.under.thebed said:
looks like you need a little more room :rolleyes:
I'm 99% sure that I'll have a larger room next year, so I'll just make do with what I have until then. :)

planetboogie said:
My setup is the same setup used at Skywalker Ranch in their screening room, production offices, as well as in the “Star Wars” sound design studio (http://www.mksound.com/starwars_plus.htm).

Actually that picture is old, they have switched to BlueSky monitors in 2001 and then B&W sometime around 2003-2004.

Though the M&K stuff is great especially having a true LCR setup like you do.

Deam said:
Amazing setup. The only thing I wonder, as i see this so often, is why people place the L and R speakers so close together. Dolby suggest they should be 22-30 degrees off centre, and some suggest that the distance between the speakers should be the same as from the speaker to the listener.
I agree... they should be much further apart for my setup, but EVERYTHING is a compromise with the misses. :) Luckily, the M&Ks have great seperation so its not that bad of problem.

Bighitter said:
Actually that picture is old, they have switched to BlueSky monitors in 2001 and then B&W sometime around 2003-2004.

Though the M&K stuff is great especially having a true LCR setup like you do.
Interesting, I didn't know that... but I didn't really buy em for that anyway. I went to CES where they have the most amazing home theater area you can imagine and demo'ed everything there... several times. My setup, for the price range I was after, absolutely blew away everything else at the show.

planetboogie said:
Interesting, I didn't know that... but I didn't really buy em for that anyway. I went to CES where they have the most amazing home theater area you can imagine and demo'ed everything there... several times. My setup, for the price range I was after, absolutely blew away everything else at the show.
Everything at CES? LOL. It's really easy to remember your setup sounding amazing and then thinking others don't. Go post this at http://www.avsforum.com/ !

Steve, weren't you gonna do an article about creating that budget big screen? Is that still in the works?

beanman101283 said:
Steve, weren't you gonna do an article about creating that budget big screen? Is that still in the works?

Not sure what Steve did but my screen only cost around 45 bucks to build.

Basically you just stretch blackout cloth over a frame of 1x3's. Blackout cloth is what is used to line curtains to keep the light out. Works like a charm.

Oh to the person who asked "How come the screenshots of PGR looked really good and his jagged."

Well I got the retail version and it's because you can do a photoshoot with your car, and it will render out a pic all nice and smooth.

Lamont said:
Oh to the person who asked "How come the screenshots of PGR looked really good and his jagged."

Well I got the retail version and it's because you can do a photoshoot with your car, and it will render out a pic all nice and smooth.

the retail version? Its not like i am running a copy of the game dude? So basically those shots have been taken while in photo mode and hence the lines and curves appear that muhc smoother...figures i guess...cheers for the tip :)

Well for some reason it didn't let me edit what I posted last night.

I had the demo for a while, then I borrowed the game from work yesterday to see if there was a difference (allow some HD settings or not). And the photo mode is disabled in the demo. That's all.

beanman101283 said:

It is coming, it is coming ;)

badasspenguin said:
Not sure what Steve did but my screen only cost around 45 bucks to build.

Basically you just stretch blackout cloth over a frame of 1x3's. Blackout cloth is what is used to line curtains to keep the light out. Works like a charm.

We did three different versions of the same thing:

$45 in paint and materials.

$45 in paint and materials + $25 borders / frame

$45 in paint and materials + borders / frame + $199 Goo Systems professional base coat / clear coat screen system

http://www.goosystems.com/

the article will be soon. We have a bunch of stuff we are working on ;)

Steve said:
+ $199 Goo Systems professional base coat / clear coat screen system

:rolleyes:
UGH! I really hate when something like Goo is referred to as a professional product. It is designed and geared for the DIY market. Don't get me wrong its a good product for what it is; but it is not what professional installers will use, unless forced to as in a budget system.

Bighitter said:
:rolleyes:
UGH! I really hate when something like Goo is referred to as a professional product. It is designed and geared for the DIY market. Don't get me wrong its a good product for what it is; but it is not what professional installers will use, unless forced to as in a budget system.
budget is the point of the article he is workin on right? so whats your point?

The fact that its called a professional system. It is a retail sold system but far from professional. It will give decent results but it is not equivelant to a true screen, I have had a black-out cloth screen, parkland plastic and now have a stewart screen. I have seen a Gooscreen and its the best of the budget options but still doesn't provide the performance of a true projection screen.

Bighitter said:
The fact that its called a professional system. It is a retail sold system but far from professional. It will give decent results but it is not equivelant to a true screen, I have had a black-out cloth screen, parkland plastic and now have a stewart screen. I have seen a Gooscreen and its the best of the budget options but still doesn't provide the performance of a true projection screen.

Umm, the "price" of a 100" - 160" true projection screen? We are talking about a budget here.

And, as mentioned in the other thread we have close up pictures of a Stewart Firehawk screen compared to regular ol' paint on the wall, with a good projector, it is hard to tell the difference.

And with GooSystems, that is just the NAME "professional series" of their product.

Lesman,

How do you like that TV? I had the same one for about a month and it started flickering red every once in a while.. I had to take it back.

Lamont said:
Lesman,

How do you like that TV? I had the same one for about a month and it started flickering red every once in a while.. I had to take it back.
Works great for me! I've had it for a few months now. For a while I was pissed off because the convergence was messed up on the right side. But I got into the service menu, and used all 195 points of convergence for each color mode....it took hours, but the result is stunning! It looks as good as any other TV I've seen-including plasmas, DLP's, etc. It just takes some time and care!

Steve said:
Umm, the "price" of a 100" - 160" true projection screen? We are talking about a budget here.

And, as mentioned in the other thread we have close up pictures of a Stewart Firehawk screen compared to regular ol' paint on the wall, with a good projector, it is hard to tell the difference.

And with GooSystems, that is just the NAME "professional series" of their product.

WTF are people only reading half of my posts? I said it was the best option of the budget systems. However I have seen a GooSystems screen in person and there are differences in the quality between it and a true screen. And its not buyers remorse talking either as I picked up my 114" Stewart StudioTek 130 screen for a whopping $100.

Though I will admit I didn't realize that GooSystems had named a version of thier product "professional series" so I will concede my mistake on that point.

Here is my setup, nothing great, just a 30" Trinitron tv, 360, GC, receiver, and cable box. The funny thing is that the solid wood entertainment center you see I picked up for free. Waled out of my apartment one afternoon and it was sitting in front of the dumpster. Nothing wrong with free furniture. :D I've got my sofa and loveseat there as well.

My play and charge cord is on the ground in the second picture, LOL!

jtsnewo4 said:
Here is my setup, nothing great, just a 30" Trinitron tv, 360, GC, receiver, and cable box. The funny thing is that the solid wood entertainment center you see I picked up for free. Waled out of my apartment one afternoon and it was sitting in front of the dumpster. Nothing wrong with free furniture. :D I've got my sofa and loveseat there as well.

My play and charge cord is on the ground in the second picture, LOL!
nice couch whats with the tv

Its off? LOL! Thanks. I love the couch and loveseat. The couch has recliners at either end. I fall asleep just looking at it.

Back