Post what speakers you use!!!

DeepGrey

Limp Gawd
Well since a lot of people here have been asking about what speakers they should get, I thought I would start a thread on what speakers people are using and their opinions about them.

I just bought the Logitech Z-5300e from newegg for ~$160 shipped. This is going to be for a typical size bedroom so I didn't want a huge sub taking up a lot of space. I was planning to go the Z-5500 route but didn't want to spend $300 on a speaker system just for my pc since I already have a $3k HT setup. Anyone else have the Z-5300e, what are your thoughts?

I use creative inspire 5300 5.1 with an audigy2 plat on my computer and i think they sound good. I also use Logitech z-640s with a creative extigy(DD Decoder) in my bed room for 5.1 and its fantastic with movies and games.

BOBO ASS brand....(office depot), im not really an audio file so i could care less, i am gonna by an actual sound card though because my on board sound has serious issues when playing some games does anyone know of a good yet cheap sound card that doesnt get all choppy when playing games i dont need surround sound or anything special just basic sound and mic

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's Star Wars Limited Edition. They were on sale when I bought them for even cheaper than the normal 2.1's. Don't know why, they are in perfect condition, not a ding or scratch anywhere and they sound terrific.

Logitech Z-5300e, they are awesome, only thing I am missing is digital decoding and a non-wired remote control.

dmonkey said:
Logitech Z-5300e, they are awesome, only thing I am missing is digital decoding and a non-wired remote control.

What sound card are you using? If you have an Audigy 2 ZS it would decode it for you.

schapman said:
In the sig :)
Nice, how do you like the B2's? I was using a pair of B1's which are now rear channels on my HT setup and I was looking at B2's for mains for it.

To answer the question I use Senn PMX60 headphones soon to be replaced by HD497's.

creative inspire digital 5700s... 5.1 ...i think that's the name...they're at home so I can't check

Stinn said:
Nice, how do you like the B2's? I was using a pair of B1's which are now rear channels on my HT setup and I was looking at B2's for mains for it.

To answer the question I use Senn PMX60 headphones soon to be replaced by HD497's.

I am really impressed with the athena set I have. However, for mains I'm thinking of selling my b2s in the front and going for the B1s. The b2's have a 5.25" woofer and I think the 6.5" in the b1s will be better suited for it. I'm also kinda contemplating the F1's now :) But I don't really have anywhere to place them.

Who knows though.. the way I go I'll end up with another c1, new b1s for fronts and a 7.1 receiver :p

Damn my consumerist ways.

I use JBL platinium series speakers almost 2 years old.
I stopped using them since I got Grado SR80 :p

klipsch 2.1+grado sr60....soon to have HD555 and an EMU card

In sig- Sonic XS 2.1 sounds remarkebly similer to the Klipsch 4.1's they replaced, and I can't find a better PC headset than the PC150.

BossNoodleKaboodle,

Responding to your sig, I post my specs for three reasons:

1. So I don't have to type it all out when I post about it
2. So I have a place to keep it written down that's safe from formats on my end
3. So it can represent what equipment I have experience with, and present a perspective from which I approach a problem.

But yeah, I see your point.

Onkyo TX-SR501 Receiver
Velodyne VX-10
2x Klipsch RB-35 Bookshelf speakers

Hooked up via custom made digital coax cable to the coax output on my soundstorm board.

Music played through Foobar with kernal streaming. Sounds wonderful.

for the longest time I've been using strictly headphone but I've recently dusted off my Klipsch Promedias v2.400 but because of my living conditions I'm only using two of the speakers instead of all 4. Boy! Do these sound so sweet to my ears. You can't forget the subwoofer either. I will say that the sub is a little boomy. It sounds great but not exactly the kind of bass that I like. I prefer a tight and punchy bass.

Currenty running Sennheiser HD 500s on an Audigy 2ZS. Ordering some Promedia 2.1s soon.

Anyone know the best speakers to induce audio nirvana on a $200 budget...was lookin for somthin with 250 wats atleast 500 would be prefreable (i use my machine for everything movies, games, and as a jukebox) 5.1 surround sound would be aite though 7.1 is preferable, im looking to buy an audigy 2 zs ( though im still not sure which one) aswell so soundcard wont be a prob.

Spike said:
Anyone know the best speakers to induce audio nirvana on a $200 budget...was lookin for somthin with 250 wats atleast 500 would be prefreable (i use my machine for everything movies, games, and as a jukebox) 5.1 surround sound would be aite though 7.1 is preferable, im looking to buy an audigy 2 zs ( though im still not sure which one) aswell so soundcard wont be a prob.

You're not going to find a 7.1 or 5.1 computer multimedia system for 200.00. Especially one that will induce "audio nirvana"

Maybe 2k...

Maybe.

Currently I have Altec Lansing Phalics (oh ok...that is what my girlfriend calls them), for real they are the Altec Lansing ATP3s:

Now tell me those don't look phalic, and just to clear it up...they were a gift.

But, I am looking to upgrade to some of these 300W baddies!:

The eyes are your treble and bass....BRILLIANT!

lol! snowman... heh

I love your sig Tiny. If it wasn't for those guys, we'd speak like the limeys do (accents)!! or maybe even the osamas! :mad:

heh... snowman

Myself, I'm just using some cheap RCA/Radio Shack 13" bookshelfs connected to a CS PCWorks sub (powered by a SB Live Value). They sound alright, but I want to upgrade to Creative Inspire P5800s with an Audigy 2 ZS. :cool:

Back