Post some of your favorite gaming moments!

Seeing & playing Super Mario World for the first time at the supermarket. Saving up money with my brother to buy SNES for it and standing in line at the register with cash in hand.

Seeing Doom for the first time at school in the computer lab. Taking screenshots home and viewing them on our family's crappy laptop.

Seeing FF6 in a magazine, renting it, then buying it, then, much later, thinking it was over when the world split in half, then finding out there was still a lot more to it.

Playing Quake 2 MP at the school lab, against students and teachers, sucking at first, then, after a few months, being one of the best and REALLY pissing off certain teachers :)

currently it’s about buying the full jockey pack in LFD2 20 versus, wait I’ll try to record a video now…

1. Marrying my co op partner, my gamer (and hot) wife!
2. End of Red Dead Redemption, I mean the end.
3. Last 1/4 of COD : Black Ops
4. System Shock 2, all of it.
5. Underground spider boss thingy in Gears of War 1.
6. World of Warcraft closed beta.
7. Getting to CAL-M for Counter Strike back in 2000.
8. LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon) BBS game
9. Chainsaw Gun!
10. End of level 1 in Alan Wake, Roy Orbison - In Dreams.

The first time I mined really deep in minecraft, hit a cave, and then got lost and couldn't find my way out.

2 moments immediately come to mind for me...

1 - Playing HL2 the first time through, and that first area where you get the pistol and the techno music starts kicking in. Oh man that was such an epic feeling.

2 - First play through of COD4 MW...that opening sequence on the boat and then lunging onto the heli...then the credits ride through the town and then getting executed. I was pretty pumped.

I think it was the feeling I experienced in those moments that I really loved. The games ended up being really good too =)

What I sound like a goober? Trollin

Ah sorry I said YOU and meant ME. That's my voice in the video that I posted and I think that I sound like a goober lol - same thing setting my voice mail and all that.

One more recent favorite gaming moment. Playing Civ V on emperor trying to go for a cultural victory. Didn't know that you have to build the Utopia Project (thought you just won after finishing 5 trees) and I watched as genghis kahn spread slowly over the whole map making 500 gold per turn and crushing civilizations. All of a sudden a wall of tanks, mobile infantry, and rocket launchers appears at my border and I had to hold them off with a civ of only 4 cities for long enough to build the project and win!

it was epic.

Playing CS:S way back.

Map: office

I rushed out the back window as a T and hid. All the CTs came up the stairs and were in that little hallway. I flashed in there and took out 4 of them with my knife. Good times.

better than that....

Getting the snes for christmas and playing Super Mario World all night.

Staying up with my cousin all night and playing Army Men on N64 after finally convicing my parents to let me get an N64 for my birthday.

Playing Vigilante 8 with my cousins PS1 for like a week straight.

Playing SSX tricky with my friend after my parents suprised me with a PS2 for Christmas.

The hanger bay door opening into a blizzard, in Mechwarrior 2: Ghost bear.

It was epic, I can still clearly picture it in my mind to this day.

The opening of fallout 1. Still sends chills down my spine. That game had some very good cinematic moments.

First time experiencing the intro tram ride in HL1. Understated, atmospheric and brilliant.

nothing will ever top

BOOM HEADSHOT!!

ok ok seriously

my favorite gaming moment was seeing Aeris get whacked on FF7, it was the only time, and i mean the only time in my life, that a video game managed to cause me to feel sad.

1. Dialing into my friends modem to play Doom 2 and Warcraft.
2. Entire play through of Silent Hill
3. Dying for the first time in Everquest and not being able to find my corpse even though it was it was like a 20 second run from the spawn
4. Quake 2 Co-Op with my buddy
5. Fighting the "Butcher" in Diablo for the first time. (I'll admit, I ran away like a little bitch)

Great thread. Too many great memories to list them all, but here goes (trying to go in chronological order):

1. My dad coming back from a business trip with a NES.
2. My first time playing Wolfenstein.
3. Breaking into houses in Hero’s Quest (later named Quest for Glory).
4. The first time playing Doom and picking up the shotgun…best shotgun ever.
5. Playing Duke 3D and Doom with my buddies using modems.
6. Trying the trench run millions of times in X-Wing. Did anyone actually ever pull it off?
7. The first 20+ minutes of Half-Life.
8. Getting scared about 5 minutes into System Shock 2, shutting it down, uninstalling it, and never trying it again.
9. Running from the cops in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.
10. Running into Drizzt in Baldur’s Gate (or was it the Icewind Dale game…can never remember).
11. My first zombie swarm in Left 4 Dead.
12. Every second of Dragon Age. Nice to have a return to Baldur’s Gate style RPGs.
13. Trying to figure out how not to suck in Black Ops multiplayer. It’s been a long time since I’ve played a FPS game online.

1. Playing full-season marathons of Tecmo Super Bowl with my brother and best friend on the SNES for years. We'd each pick a team and play through whole seasons, and two of us would usually play one another in the Super Bowl or at least a conference championship. We'd play all night; sleeping and playing in shifts. We almost started playing for money at one point. We were all so freakin' good at that game, it was sick. Randall Cunningham was the ultimate weapon in that game!
    It was embarrassing to lose to the computer, but occasionally there was just no way to stop OJ Anderson or Bo Jackson from busting 90+ yard TD runs... Or Jerry Rice from catching every pass, even in 8-man coverage. The computer cheated massively in that game at times!
  2. Seeing a salesman in a Radio Shack Computer Center demonstrate the original King's Quest on a Tandy 1000, which my parents would soon purchase for their business paperwork. I got hooked on Sierra adventure games, which started my gaming obsession.
  3. Beating Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on the NES! Tough SOB.
  4. Beating the original Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden on the NES without dying...
  5. Like several other people, my first time playing Doom. It was amazing.
  6. My first time playing the original EverQuest after in impulse buy one day in Wal-Mart. I was amazed, and smiling the entire time at the prospect of such a massive virtual world populated by actual people from all over the Earth. I still look back fondly on my 5-years of hardcore EQ play. How I completed my Master's thesis during that time, I have no idea....

Last edited:
-- Playing CoD:UO and Freelancer over LAN in a house with 8 people for 2 weeks solid...
-- 4 player Timesplitters when it came out
-- 4 Player Road Rash 64 with constant x4 damage
-- Doom 3 the day it came out, all night with the lights off
-- L4D2 4 player
-- Counterstrike Source & Freelancer for pretty much 48 hours stoned.

Those were the days.

Last edited:
- Grouping with friends in EQ, learning to charm mobs for massive DPS
- Avatar of War (and others) kill with my guild
- Seeing Half Life for the first time
- ending of SS2
- hours of UT:GOTY and TA in college over a make-shift LAN
- finishing Phantasy Star II

1. Getting to level 15 in River Raid (i rarely got further)
2. The first Mechwarrior game, just going into mech combat with my Shadow Hawk and landing on the head of another mech. Death from Above!
3. Star Control 2 - the entire game. I made a map of quasi space for ease of use, it was awesome. Fighting the Probe for the first time. Chatting with the Spatti on pluto, so humorous! The talk with the Shofixti and the poor guy at the end of the game, sure, you'd also be tired if you just repopulated your entire race.
4. Mechwarrior 2, gaming in enhanced imaging (also know as wireframes) and the first multi player experience on Kali.
5. Space Quest series, dying.. again, and again, and again....
6. Fallout 1, finding out that the water caravans lead to a faster game end.
7. Half Life 2 engine previews showing ragdoll physics. About time.
8. X-com should be up here too, going to the first ufo and trying to figure out what to do
9. Baldur's Gate, the hamster dialogues... go boo! go!
10. NWN - just creating power builds.
11. Oblivion - the depth of the game is amazing.
12. X3 - another incredibly deep game.
13. Archon, - i forgot about this one, playing chess, but more like over the top combat.

There are more, but that's good for now.

First playing Morrowind.
So many of the quests in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Some of the epic sized battles in Mount & Blade.

EQ -
Clearing Vex Thal in 1 night with 6 people (a couple years after it was uber)
Soloing Cazic Thule in PoFear
Getting my girlfriend a unicorn mount
Running LDoN's into the ground with bad pick ups (masochist? aye)
Being a Cursed Cycle DT eater!

Wiz 8 -
Destroying everything in the cathedral with zero lost party members on Hard (only took 9 reloaded save games :))
Grinding out to the Rapax castle then clearing it

Smash TV -
Rented it when I was a youngin', played it with my cousin all night

Tales of the Sword Coast -
Figuring out how to properly deal with rooms full of sword spiders

Taking the day off of work because I faked being sick and drove down to the local BestBuy and bought HalfLife 2. Got home, installed it, and played it straight for 15 hours till i finished it.

The other was playing CS 1.4 over 56k modem while my parents were away and racking up $130 overage charge.:D

Just a few

Playing Twisted Metal 2 with my Dad.

Playing Destruction Derby on the original Playstation with 4 other friends Via Link Cable and 4 extra Televisions. It was my first LAN party:cool:

Playing Diablo 2 for 3 days strait with 2 of my other friends. Surviving on nothing but Dr. Pepper , Pizza and Beef Jerky.

Final Fantasy 7 when Aries gets killed by Sephiroth. I was angry and sad at the same time.

I forgot:
4 player Warlords on the old Atari System. I used to play butt to feet for so long that my legs actually got locked in that position a couple of times. (was pretty scary)
2 Player Combat (Atari System) was also a blast.

Pretending to be a fighter pilot when I was a kid playing old school flight sims (ie. Falcon 3.0, Tornado) that had manuals heavy enough to kill someone with.

Quakeworld was a revelation, even on crappy dial-up, Doom was never this fun!

Ganking newbs in the wild west days of UO! Even more fun was gang warfare vs the Korean anti-PKers playing on Pacific...

Some insane rounds of counter strike (original) back in the day, especially after moving up to broadband for the first time...

Driving people insane with the spy in TF2 :-D

Yeah, I sense a theme here. I also feel old.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Alpha Centauri and Planescape: Torment. Everything about those games was amazing.

Last edited:
  1. The end of Super Metroid where the Metroid attacks Mother brain instead of you. Best ending I've ever seen.
  2. End of the original NES Kung-Fu.
  3. The first time I played Street Fighter 2 on the SNES
  4. Finally reaching level 20 in Dungeon Master (BBS game)
  5. "Questing" with friends in Asherons Call (my first MMO)
  6. RvR in Dark Age of Camelot
  7. LAN games of StarCraft.

Wow.......awesome thread. :D

The most memorable gaming moment for me has to be a night playing RE2 10 years ago or so.

Its dark, its storming, just me and my stepsister in the house playing in the dark. Just as I turn a corner, Nemesis jumps out, at the same time it thunders and lightnings really big outside, and the power goes out for a second or two. Scared the crap out of both us, which must made me keep playing till the sun came up. Love that game.

The most memorable gaming moment for me has to be a night playing RE2 10 years ago or so.

Its dark, its storming, just me and my stepsister in the house playing in the dark. Just as I turn a corner, Nemesis jumps out, at the same time it thunders and lightnings really big outside, and the power goes out for a second or two. Scared the crap out of both us, which must made me keep playing till the sun came up. Love that game.

LOL, now that's what I am talking about :D

I had a very, very similar experience when playing through Dead Space in my living room in 5.1. :D

Back