Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

Sorry to hear about the divorce, that sucks. :( However, nice simple, clean setup. How do the PS3 games look on it?

Its still a day by day thing for me. They look fine on it. I can tell a difference between the Vizio and a 60in led TV, but its not enough to bother me yet. All in all though I have less then $200 in it all including the 8 or 9 games I have

Working on shelves. Don't have a CDX yet (or a TG16)... Also, working on a solution to get everything set up and working. I want to get a 'small' 40+ LCD TV to plug them all into. They look like ass on the projector (I went to emulators with that so I can use other filters).

JX3xHUF.jpg

Speaking of LCD tvs and classic consoles, I just hooked up my Dreamcast to my new Vizio 50 4K tv and some of the areas in Resident Evil: Code Veronica are so god damn dark I can't see a thing. I have tried setting the tv to full brightness and backlight and it's still dark as fuck. Must have something to do with the new technology in TVs so that blacks look extra black or something. I was able to get through those areas, but just so.

Speaking of LCD tvs and classic consoles, I just hooked up my Dreamcast to my new Vizio 50 4K tv and some of the areas in Resident Evil: Code Veronica are so god damn dark I can't see a thing. I have tried setting the tv to full brightness and backlight and it's still dark as fuck. Must have something to do with the new technology in TVs so that blacks look extra black or something. I was able to get through those areas, but just so.

disable the Auto Brightness Control
set Black Detail to Off
set brightness control to around 31, which is near perfect

This should fix it

20151001_152725_zpshmjaxx8m.jpg

Figured out how to get a pic where everything isn't hidden because its all black. Only new things are the clock, Harley Quinn and game holder on the sub. The blue light that's under the sound bar next to the sub is my MXQ S805. Was worried about over heating my ps3 with streaming and annoyed that the ps3 wouldn't read my 1yb HDD. Waiting until I can get a dedicated mouse for it to try some android games on it

My original Xbox, has Xecuter 2 modchip and 160GB HDD
[snip]

Ha! nice.. I have the same mod chip on my original xbox. Mine came loose (it piggybacks the chip without solder) so I reseated it and things started working again. For how long who knows. I mostly use it for a mame box with mame-ox and an x-arcade stick. :)

Finally finished setting things up in the man cave. Not nearly as elaborate as some of you guys, but it gets the job done.

Sorry for the shitty phone pics:

e2a3304adbd75e8f44f4852dcff51a7b.jpg

9113c9f140c87b51a35a1e4d630b2d9f.jpg

20151001_152725_zpshmjaxx8m.jpg

Figured out how to get a pic where everything isn't hidden because its all black. Only new things are the clock, Harley Quinn and game holder on the sub. The blue light that's under the sound bar next to the sub is my MXQ S805. Was worried about over heating my ps3 with streaming and annoyed that the ps3 wouldn't read my 1yb HDD. Waiting until I can get a dedicated mouse for it to try some android games on it

Sadly that PS3 died shortly after it modeled for that photoshoot :( Think it was an OD on awesomeness.

Picked up a 500gb super slim today and so far seems to be working with no big problems

IMG_20151207_004647_zpsxa57tkfx.jpg

Found an 8bit Link at toys r us and thought it would be an awesome thing to cover the name plate in the middle of my sound bar

Nothing too fancy, gets the job done for the most part.

Game Room Mainly for the kids and sleepovers-
Xbox 360, PS3, WiiU

Gotta love Star Wars

Living Room For the Adults
Xbox One, PS4, PS3 (cant really see it)
Wiring is pretty bad, haven't had a chance to fix it

After many years of wanting I finally got my projector for my own Home theater :D
Built using a BenQ HT1075 and 100" screen for picture and a Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 Surround for Audio, hooked up to a Xbox One, PS4 and HTPC running steam Big picture mode.
(This was before I took the screen down and remounte dto fix the wavy lines on the screen you can see in the first two images lol)

DSC02425.jpg
DSC02428.jpg
DSC02431.jpg
DSC02432.jpg
IMAG0812.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is simple, Xbox 360 with HD-DVD drive. I think the last time I played it was well over a year ago.

tv setup room.jpg

BluRays, HD-DVD's, Xbox games, and PC Games.
media-rack.jpg

After many years of wanting I finally got my projector for my own Home theater :D
Built using a BenQ HT1075 and 100" screen for picture and a Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 Surround for Audio, hooked up to a Xbox One, PS4 and HTPC running steam Big picture mode.
(This was before I took the screen down and remounte dto fix the wavy lines on the screen you can see in the first two images lol)

DSC02432.jpg

The reflections on the cabinets would drive me crazy. Do they not bother you when you are watching a movie?

The reflections on the cabinets would drive me crazy. Do they not bother you when you are watching a movie?
A bit but when you get into a movie or game you don't notice it, watched Mocking jay pt2 and Harry potter last night then played some Black ops 3 and it disappeared very quickly for me but I'm not done just yet. I'm going to be building a proper frame for the screen as its basically a piece of pvc with black edges. Also going to buy some black out cloth and cover up the cabinets and walls within 3 ft of the screen for better light control, just got this from amazon last night and was excited to show it off lol.

edit: link to screen
Excelvan Portable and Collapsible 100 inch 16:9 Fabric Matte White Projector Projection Screen Material: Amazon.ca: Office Products

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Finally finished setting things up in the man cave. Not nearly as elaborate as some of you guys, but it gets the job done.

9113c9f140c87b51a35a1e4d630b2d9f.jpg

Do you have the component cables for that Gamecube? I am thinking about building one of those GCVideo boards to enable HDMI output from my Gamecube. The end result is still only 480P but it should be worlds better than composite video.

Here you go, I really have lost count of all the stuff ive collected, Ataris and Intellivision stuff in storage but everything else is working and hooked up. Can you name them all? Also Shown is my Digital Pinball Cabinet ( too many hours into it and parts but worth it )

Attachments

• 20160410_135444.jpg
    20160410_135444.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 20160410_135459.jpg
    20160410_135459.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 20160410_135512.jpg
    20160410_135512.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 20150530_124425.jpg
    20150530_124425.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 20150530_124648.jpg
    20150530_124648.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 20150530_124655.jpg
    20150530_124655.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 20150530_124838.jpg
    20150530_124838.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20150530_124822.jpg
    20150530_124822.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 139

Thanks dude, you just gave me a great idea to resolve an issue I have.
I wanted to mount a Panny plasma on a certain wall in my basement, but I have a projector that needs that same wall space.

I think what I am going to do is make a simple screen for the projector out of a basic square with fabric, create a bezel with black velvet and make a mount that will let me place the screen for the projector over the plasma.
It will stick out a bit, but I may also put some bias lighting behind it. It will have to be manually removed but that is ok.

Didn't think of this until I say your setup.

Thanks dude, you just gave me a great idea to resolve an issue I have.
I wanted to mount a Panny plasma on a certain wall in my basement, but I have a projector that needs that same wall space.

I think what I am going to do is make a simple screen for the projector out of a basic square with fabric, create a bezel with black velvet and make a mount that will let me place the screen for the projector over the plasma.
It will stick out a bit, but I may also put some bias lighting behind it. It will have to be manually removed but that is ok.

Didn't think of this until I say your setup.
They also make some nice motorized screens that would fit your setup nicely. my goal when I have the money is to move this screen onto a collapsable frame and bring a motorized screen in. Then do a nice family portrays wall or cool painting behind it when I'm not using the projector.

Mine is simple, Xbox 360 with HD-DVD drive. I think the last time I played it was well over a year ago.

View attachment 1190

BluRays, HD-DVD's, Xbox games, and PC Games.
View attachment 1191

Haha. Did you get the Heroes HD-DVD season 1 set with the HD-DVD drive? I remember Best Buy had the promotion when you bought the drive it included the first season of Heroes on HD-DVD. That's how I got mine. Just threw out all my HD-DVDs a couple months ago.

Haha. Did you get the Heroes HD-DVD season 1 set with the HD-DVD drive? I remember Best Buy had the promotion when you bought the drive it included the first season of Heroes on HD-DVD. That's how I got mine. Just threw out all my HD-DVDs a couple months ago.
No, didn't get any movie or tv show with mine. I did buy a few HD-DVD's when they were on clearance online.

HD-DVD's are on the top right,
media-rack.jpg

Are you using some sort of digital console selector or something?

Part of my setup. Still have a bunch of consoles hooked up to my bigger plasma down stairs (SMS,NES,Sege genesis/cd/32x, wii, ps3)

I have an Atari 5200 and intellivision on the floor that didn't make it into the picture.
12829155_10153990795688609_3560071470646408032_o.jpg

Atari stuff...yes I had two 7800s and two 5200s
WP_20160612_001[1].jpg

How do you guys connect all these old school consoles to modern TVs?

How do you guys connect all these old school consoles to modern TVs?

I have an old sony dvd player/dvd writer that I use to hook up everything to it. the Visio I had to turn the tint down though to make the colors right. dvd player is hooked up to the tv using component and all the consoles use either composite, s-video, or RF. thing has a nice assortment of inputs on it.

My 50" plasma just works with everything natively so no problems on that one.

I had one of these back in the day, I should have kept it since it was pretty cool,
Sony sb-v3000.jpg

Pretty dull, especially compared to a lot of you.

gkEH2LS.png

Just went way overboard with this. The TV is pretty badly situated. OLED is super thin, and I'm fretting that a gust of wind could knock it over. Also, my room has a bad lighting situation, so at night, it's more a mirror than a television.

Pretty dull, especially compared to a lot of you.

Just went way overboard with this. The TV is pretty badly situated. OLED is super thin, and I'm fretting that a gust of wind could knock it over. Also, my room has a bad lighting situation, so at night, it's more a mirror than a television.

You could probably get some "blackout" curtains from some place like Kohl's. I've used a brand they sell called "Eclipse" and had good results.

20160622_154453_zpshntxxcyz.jpg

Set up at the new house. Pretty much the same as posted before but with a 37in Vizio instead of the 32in

This is where the magic happens...

Office
-Me on the left, wife on the right.
adLsubl.jpg

Living Room (sorry for the dumb photo with the jersey it was intended for a family member lol)
-5.1 surround with speakers in the ceiling front and rear.
KcHTvtB.jpg

Bonus room not pictured, but another TV/surround mostly for the kids' consoles and play area.

Last edited:
Picked up this free TV with HDMI, component, s-video, composite, and coax inputs. No noticeable input lag to me, works great. Quick threw it together in my mostly vacant basement and played for an hour last night. This is the start of something good :)

xH68tWTl.jpg

Also, can't believe my PS1 still works, dang awesome.

Bruh, Goff? I'm a Rams fan and I wouldn't even sport a Goff jersey yet :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I understand, but dude was #1 pick and Gurley didn't have a great season either. So really the only justified name is Donald of course, but the jersey was a gift so I didn't pay for it. But, good coaching changes this off season has me hopeful for next year.

Picked up all last weekend between Craigslist, Yard Sales and Pawn Shops for about 40 dollars, TV included. Wives just don't understand man :)

PS: seen a couple members with retro systems, looking to buy hehehe

I picked up a Sony Trinitron 4:3 TV too for older consoles. It has component (5 cables) so it actually looks pretty good on the TV. Best way to play the PS2

Back