Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

I just have a Wii U and a Sager laptop for my PC games.

aJ3qjeS.png

20141214_105213_HDR_zpsa86558bd.jpg

What you see in pic: Wii-U and 3DS (Yes, Nintendo fanboy)

What you dont see in pic: Dreamcast, N64, PS2 (there under the desk to the left, I hook them up when needed).

Some of you guys have impeccable cable management.

Any tips or tricks that you have figured out. My biggest thing is keeping it all organized with all the stupid power bricks.

The Wii U has two all alone.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't see too many classic systems here guys. Whats wrong with you?

You need at least a Sega CDX, Sega Master System, and 3DO to have a descent setup.

You need at least a Sega CDX, Sega Master System, and 3DO to have a descent setup.

I used to have classic stuff but had to sell when I got divorced for money. Plus I had given up console gaming for many years to do PC gaming. Slowly rebuilding.

Some of you guys have impeccable cable management.

Any tips or tricks that you have figured out. My biggest thing is keeping it all organized with all the stupid power bricks.

The Wii U has two all alone.

Mine is more an illusion than anything else. If I were to do a front shot instead of angled, you would see the Wii U brick tucked in the corner near the power strip. The GamePad brick is actually in the desks cable management system which also has a power strip built in.

I only own a Wii and Wii U.. They both share gaming space with my PC.. HDMI switch below TV to flip through them. The PC is hooked up to the same 40in LCD

/yes yes I know. Wire management is horrible
//that's a 1TB My Book sitting on top of the Wii U (for those who might have wondered). Even though I own a majority of physical copies.

IW0oYIO.jpg

tj1Mu3w.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping all of the wires straight is a battle now. Especially if you use ethernet cables and keep your router close by. I have 2 plastic bins to hide some of my wires and power bricks, but even they can't keep up with all of the cords coming out of an AV receiver, TV, Kinect, Xbox One, PS4, PC, Wii U, cable box, and router.

Keeping all of the wires straight is a battle now. Especially if you use ethernet cables and keep your router close by. I have 2 plastic bins to hide some of my wires and power bricks, but even they can't keep up with all of the cords coming out of an AV receiver, TV, Kinect, Xbox One, PS4, PC, Wii U, cable box, and router.
I gave up on it. Out of sight, out of mind. I already unplugged my X360 since I am out of space. Tomorrow, I will possibly pick up a sound bar for my TV. However, good thing will be that it will be connected via Bluetooth.

This picture was taken about 2 years ago. The picture has the last generation consoles, but only thing has changed is that the next gen consoles have replaced them.

Here's my newer setup with the new TV, receiver, and systems hooked up. I moved all of my older consoles to another TV in the house, which makes life much easier.

Those new shelves and media stand are a definite improvement; Looking good HisSvt76!

Those new shelves and media stand are a definite improvement; Looking good HisSvt76!

Thanks , was a lot of work.
Changes
Fully dimmable ceiling lights halogen for full dimming.
Fully patched and repainted room same colors different finish.
Replaced carpet with wood floor.
Built shelves into wall and wall mounted new vizio p55 4k into a hovering wall so wiring is hidden.
Side speakers in wall now.
New sofas and chair.
And some new artwork from my daughter and new movie theme posters and decor, padded the backs of everything so no rattles.

Last edited:
I still don't see any classic system setups guys....

Very disappointing.... there are no [H]ardcore gamers here.

Mine are under the desk, when I need to plug in the ol NES or N64 I do....

The Atari is boxed up in the attic for safe-keeping

I'm just bored so here it is, haven't upgraded my PC and console gaming systems for years except a new TV and a PS4 + Xbox One I got last year.

20150103_180442.jpg

Not sure if you saw what was displayed on my TV. But I have emulators of the original systems through mediabrowser. I know its not exactly the same but the generation of N64 and prior are emulated flawless . I played Ocarina of Time a few years ago with a texture pack and it looked outstanding.

I have my PS3 and 360 hooked up to a separate TV in another room. Everything else I can emulate on my PC.

Working on shelves. Don't have a CDX yet (or a TG16)... Also, working on a solution to get everything set up and working. I want to get a 'small' 40+ LCD TV to plug them all into. They look like ass on the projector (I went to emulators with that so I can use other filters).

JX3xHUF.jpg

h2zIW20.jpg

1YxF0Qr.jpg

rUzx3j2.jpg

Gotta Wii U, it's fun, also modified an original SNES to output RGB/component. The pictures don't really do it justice and the Sharp TV isn't great at scaling the image. I'm using an Onkyo receiver to do the scaling. I imagine the image might be cleaner even on one of those RGB->HDMI scaling devices, or even better, an RGB monitor. Lotta old game console seem to support RGB output, so maybe I should throw down for an arcade RGB monitor and then just put RGB outputs on a buncha old consoles. IMO, perfect setup for retro gaming would be an RGB monitor (25"-29") with some nice stereo speakers.

Last edited:
I've had my PS4 for about a year, but have been slowly building the system its wired to for closer to 2 years. For the most part, it is done now, but I may still build a PC for it so I can check out some 4k gaming. We'll see. Anyway, here is an initial glimpse.

9RwapB.jpg

Rqdj1T.jpg

MCNSQK.jpg

Until something better looking comes out, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition was the best looking game I own. It is up-converted from 1080p to 4k (which looked better than I expected thankfully) and the audio is 5.1 DTS. The specs are in my sig, but I'll fill in some gaps for any who might be interested.

The speakers are Martin Logan Electrostatics, the sub is SVS' excellent PB12+, the preamp/processor and 5 channel amp are both Emotiva (roughly 260-280w per channel in this config), the line conditioner is an APC H15 and the TV is a curved Samsung 65" 4k. I've only a PS4 for console and am not seeing a reason to pick up anything else. Altogether I am very happy with its performance. It took about 85 hours to break in the sub and center, and I had to message the TV a few times to minimize the light bleed, but after calibrating and EQ'ing everything, it looks and sounds superb! I may eventually upgrade the fronts to ML's Ethos and move the ESL's to the rear (sell the scenarios) but that's about it until 4k hits a true 240Hz and comes down in price more.

Yay for people posting some classic systems!

I had the master system 2 but lost it. Still have my master system 1 though.

Picked up all last weekend between Craigslist, Yard Sales and Pawn Shops for about 40 dollars, TV included. Wives just don't understand man :)

PS: seen a couple members with retro systems, looking to buy hehehe

zPzIY42l.jpg

My original Xbox, has Xecuter 2 modchip and 160GB HDD

oKVBE2w.jpg

Sadly the DVD drive stopped reading games recently and modchip stopped working, need to look into it.

Buy another one for cheap and do the software mod. You also don't even need the disc drive. Just FTP the files from your PC to your Xbox. The best is that doing it this way allows you to create a disc image. You can literally just dump the info on another Xbox when the time comes. Always having a backup.

Splinter Cell series has errors and requires the cache to be cleared sometimes in order to run. Other than that... perfect.

20150919_101153_zpspdjvg1n6.jpg

Rebuilding post divorce loses. My simple setup. 32in Vizio tv, Panasonic soundbar and sub (sub is up there due to Panasonic being stupid and placing the IR receiver on it. And first Gen ps3 (just changed hdd to a 750gb one, it's why I'm copying saves)

Last edited:
20150919_101153_zpspdjvg1n6.jpg

Rebuilding post divorce loses. My simple setup. 32in Vizio tv, Panasonic soundbar and sub (sub is up there due to Panasonic being stupid and placing the IR receiver on it. And first Gen ps3 (just changed hdd to a 750gb one, it's why I'm copying saves)

Sorry to hear about the divorce, that sucks. :( However, nice simple, clean setup. How do the PS3 games look on it?

Back