Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

I see a console collector, but the setup is not unique at all. With a PC setup you can do much more.

Ok cool? This isn't the PC / workstation setup forum though. Nobody said you could do more with console setups. Stop being defensive over dumb shit rofl

Ok cool? This isn't the PC / workstation setup forum though. Nobody said you could do more with console setups. Stop being defensive over dumb shit rofl

I was using something to compare to which elaborates on why these threads are silly

xbone is in there somewhere...

Most_Messy_Computer_Room.jpg~original

Just got my steam box working, adds to my collection with a xbox 360, Wii and ps3. Now I can sit back and relax with some more casual pc games and emulators of older systems :D

(sorry for bad pic, camera off phone isn't perfect lol)

3gIg9GF_zps7b3d9098.jpg

Very nice! Once my 52" goes out, I am upgrading to 70". BTW, I bet your neighbors love you with a sub like that :

Very nice! Once my 52" goes out, I am upgrading to 70". BTW, I bet your neighbors love you with a sub like that :

hehe. just moved into a new home. Once i got everything setup, first thing i did was walk around the yard to the side where this room is just to see if it would bother them. Wasnt bad at all!.

What is best way to get no wires like that? Using xbox one

The floating component rack has a false back that you can run all your wires into for everything. the side speakers run through a hole on either side of that rack into that false back. As for the TV we had to add new power and HDMI plates behind the tv and behind the false back of the component rack. Best way is to pay for it to be professionally done. Which I did do. I am just not a handy person when it comes to tools.

The floating component rack has a false back that you can run all your wires into for everything. the side speakers run through a hole on either side of that rack into that false back. As for the TV we had to add new power and HDMI plates behind the tv and behind the false back of the component rack. Best way is to pay for it to be professionally done. Which I did do. I am just not a handy person when it comes to tools.
Or you could have cut two small holes in the drywall and just routed the cables behind the drywall. All you need is a drywall saw, a string with a washer, and some patience (and maybe a nice cover to go over the holes). I am by no means a tool person (I don't own anything more than a few screw drivers and a hammer) and I could probably do it.

Or go supper ghetto and just run the cables down the wall, put duck tape over it and paint the duck tape the same color as the wall. Hell, you can fix anything with duck tape right? :D

f2C0lWe.png

Just got a new wide-angle lens, so I thought I'd shoot the current state of my entertainment room. I now realize all the wires make it look pretty awful.

My answer is evil to most but.I don't keep cases all my games are in cd sleeve in binders. All separated by system and alphabetic.

Same, I ran out of video game shelf space a long time ago. Now I usually keep backups on an external HDD and connected to my Wii and Xbox 360 and use homebrew launchers. Everything else is installed/on steam. I do keep a few PS4/XBone games in the drawer but I'll most likely do the same once my collection grows too large.

[21CW]killerofall;1040853003 said:
Or you could have cut two small holes in the drywall and just routed the cables behind the drywall. All you need is a drywall saw, a string with a washer, and some patience (and maybe a nice cover to go over the holes). I am by no means a tool person (I don't own anything more than a few screw drivers and a hammer) and I could probably do it.

Or go supper ghetto and just run the cables down the wall, put duck tape over it and paint the duck tape the same color as the wall. Hell, you can fix anything with duck tape right? :D

That's not code in CA. Don't know where he is, but that's not safe.

That's not code in CA. Don't know where he is, but that's not safe.

very true, you can't run power cables through the drywall. it won't pass code and is obviously a fire hazard. you need to add a new power receptacle using romex cable, which isn't hard at all to do anyway. as for data cables, no problem running those through the drywall.

My setup isn't as clean or pretty as some of the ones I've seen here but TY for the inspiration.
shitty cell phone picture but here she is.
2014-07-06_151544_zps2e8e4dc6.jpg

50" LED LCD

Xbox
Xbox 360
PS2
PS3
Dreamcast
SNES
Sega Model 1
Wii
Gamecube
N64
Roku
HTPC (mainly just a steambox)
gigabit networked with a dual band repeater.

The new setup. Just piecing it all together at this point.
P6gQZu1l.jpg

The wife playing DKC...
KHfQIPol.jpg

My setup isn't as clean or pretty as some of the ones I've seen here but TY for the inspiration.
shitty cell phone picture but here she is.
2014-07-06_151544_zps2e8e4dc6.jpg

50" LED LCD

Xbox
Xbox 360
PS2
PS3
Dreamcast
SNES
Sega Model 1
Wii
Gamecube
N64
Roku
HTPC (mainly just a steambox)
gigabit networked with a dual band repeater.

I think you just gave me some inspiration. I would love to be able to have all my consoles setup in a living room but not have it look shitty, and that storage box config you have there is pretty cool.

Setup01.jpg

Setup02.jpg

Setup04.jpg

Setup03.jpg

Samsung UN46H7150
Marantz SR7007
Oppo BDP-105
PS4
Front speakers: Infinity P163
Center: Infinity PC351
Rear speakers: Infinity P153
Sub: SVS SB1000

Sorry I have to ask. What's the appeal of this? I assume it's up high so you're stuck looking up at a screen? I never understood why people do this, put tv's up high, over fireplaces and what not.

My parents have their TV over the fireplace, and yes it looks goofy as fuck when you're looking at it from another room, but while watching TV it isn't bad, and is actually kind of nice if you want to lay your head back on the couch/chair/whatever.

My parents did it really nice, though, you can't see a single wire on their set up.

My parents have their TV over the fireplace, and yes it looks goofy as fuck when you're looking at it from another room, but while watching TV it isn't bad, and is actually kind of nice if you want to lay your head back on the couch/chair/whatever.

My parents did it really nice, though, you can't see a single wire on their set up.

Unfortunately I have no choice for my setup. I could have hacked into the wall to the hide all of the wires, but it's just not worth it for the time Ill be here. Instead I tried to make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible, hence the braided sleeving. Sure, I would have loved no wires, but it's fine for now.

As for the TV mounted higher than the viewing area. Again, my choices were limited. I personally would prefer it to be eye level, but thats just me.

[IM]https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10608341_10152289562711398_538918320789752818_o.jpg[/IMG]

Putting a PS3 directly on top of a PS4 is probably not a great idea; especially given all the available space you have in that entertainment stand.

I wont get the xbone, nothing that interests me is on it. Nothing that I can't get on my pc anyways. And thanks! :D

I wont get the xbone, nothing that interests me is on it. Nothing that I can't get on my pc anyways. And thanks! :D

No problem. :) I am the exact opposite in this case, I have a One, 360, Original and PC. They all serve their purposes for me but I have been most of my use out of the One. I used to own a PS/2 slim and have a few good games for it but, I never could get into that much, fun as it was.

The console I played the most on though was the Nintendo Entertainment System. That 8 bit machine was a blast. Oh, and my Amiga 500 back in the day for gaming and other stuff.

Back