Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

Here's mine, kind of a mess. I still have not upgraded to a 360/Wii/PS3 but i'm sure i'll get around to it so for now it's Original modded xbox's with big drives.

SANY0134-1.jpg

100_0379.jpg

Not much, 37in Vizio TV. Yes there is a support post behind the TV so the top does not fall on it. It was moved once for our old CRT TV and I had to remove part of it so the Vizio would fit.

Top left cubby holds our chipped 1TB HDD 360(with the pin strip faceplate)m under it is the HD cable box, to the left is where our Wii normally sits, but atm it is at my parents, to the right is our VIOP/internet modem, in the back left corner I have a My Book HDD hooked up for movies that we use the xbox for*.

Right cubby holds our Sony Blu Ray player, my ghetto shelf is supported by 4 shot glasses, that shelf holds our land line phone base, a Netgear WNR3500v2 router, zippos and our Blu Ray/DVDs that are not kept in binders(5 binders of DVDs in the cabinets under the TV)

Not the best but not the worst set up out there. Going to try for a simple 5.1 surround sound setup with tax returns though.

*I'm slowly converting my favorite movies to xvid so I can watch them at work via external drive and not take up a ton of space on a HDD or in my laptop bag.

Update on the Wii front.
fireplace.jpg

Fake fire place for the stand(got married in front of the fireplace and yes it is secured for tippyness). Our new 32inch Vizio TV, HD cable box on the left(again it is secured so it wont fall.) and the Wii behind the tv on the right side.

Talked it over with my wife and we decided we would use the Wii in there for netflix streaming and the light gaming that we do with it.

that picture is so small that I can't really see the magnitude of the mess you have:eek::eek::eek:. lol:D

LOL.. I know this is my buddies desk its usually pretty messy, but this was the worst I have ever seen it.

Im going to post a pic of my setup pretty soon.
I have PS3/XBOX/PC setup dual monitor 25" Asus hung on the wall
ontop of my comp desk. I think it looks sweet.

LOL.. I know this is my buddies desk its usually pretty messy, but this was the worst I have ever seen it.

Im going to post a pic of my setup pretty soon.
I have PS3/XBOX/PC setup dual monitor 25" Asus hung on the wall
ontop of my comp desk. I think it looks sweet.

bring it on.

THE COMMAND CENTER!!!

I want to get either the PX5 or Sound Blaster Omega head set.
It would look perfect inbetween the PS3 and Xbox.

The left monitor is hooked up HDMI to my PS3 and the right monitor to the Xbox360
My Computer is hooked up dual monitor DVI to both monitors so I can switch my PC screen or use it with dual monitor.
This is an old house and its got thick plaster instead of sheet rock, so it would of been a huge construction trying to
hide all those wires.

I dont have a nice sound system but these ASUS 25" have their speakers on the top of the monitor facing back.
So the sound echos from the wall and the sound is loud and clear.

This used to be my main gaming TV, but now I'm no longer the owner of it and she gets to watch what ever she wants. :)

Last edited:
For my Consoles I'm getting a nice wireless headset.
Dont really care about blasting the sound since I have room mates and
I dont want to bother them since most of my gaming in done at night.
I have been using my Creative Fatality head set and hooking it up on the
sound out on the monitors but when I play Xbox at night .
I have to hook up the Fatality head sets and then use the mic on the original
xbox headset. So i Have to wear both and its a pain int he ass.

For my TV, I could care less..lol

6554dc8259937847.jpg

Sony Bravia 40" 100Hz, 1080p Internet TV
160GB PS3 slim
120GB Xbox 360 Elite
Sky+ HD box
Creative 7.1 speakers

I hate wire manage ment. I have my game systems going to an hdmi switch box then into my %.1 reciever then outto tv from receiver and its a mess of cablining. I'm reluctant to use zip ties because it always seems I need access to a cable as soon as I zip tie it.. been thinking of feeding my cables thru the wall and and hiding them from sight that way. upgrading to a 7.1 sound syste,m yay more wires to try to hide. A person not familiar with my set up would go nuts trouble shooting a cabling issue.

I hate wire manage ment. I have my game systems going to an hdmi switch box then into my %.1 reciever then outto tv from receiver and its a mess of cablining. I'm reluctant to use zip ties because it always seems I need access to a cable as soon as I zip tie it.. been thinking of feeding my cables thru the wall and and hiding them from sight that way. upgrading to a 7.1 sound syste,m yay more wires to try to hide. A person not familiar with my set up would go nuts trouble shooting a cabling issue.

wait...you don't want to zip tie them because you always end up needing access to the cable, so you want to put them in the walls instead? lol

i totally understand your hate of wire management though..my shit is a mess.

Get some of these. You can remove them and reuse them. No tools required.;)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=velcro&x=0&y=0

I posted my setup back in July 2007
be03ab1c.jpg

Now I'm finally doing the man cave justice but I'm doing everything myself and I'm NO carpenter, but if you don't try you'll never learn I guess
5-1.jpg

About 60% done now, drywall needs to be finished and component holes need finishing also, then paint and add some base board trim with some crown molding and maybe it will be close. Haven't changed any components other than ditching the 65" dlp to a 60" plasma a few months ago. And still kicking the Infinity's and the velodyne as speakers. Wall is 8foot wide and comes out 2foot still a lot of work to do though.

And sorry for the shitty BB picture.

Last edited:
This is our main living room where the wife/kids do gaming and kinect and wii

web.jpg

web.jpg

My living/media room

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I posted my setup back in July 2007

Now I'm finally doing the man cave justice but I'm doing everything myself and I'm NO carpenter, but if you don't try you'll never learn I guess

About 60% done now, drywall needs to be finished and component holes need finishing also, then paint and add some base board trim with some crown molding and maybe it will be close. Haven't changed any components other than ditching the 65" dlp to a 60" plasma a few months ago. And still kicking the Infinity's and the velodyne as speakers. Wall is 8foot wide and comes out 2foot still a lot of work to do though.

And sorry for the shitty BB picture.

Nice, with no media center it seems to really open the room. How deep is that false wall? and how are the shelves supported?

Nice, with no media center it seems to really open the room. How deep is that false wall? and how are the shelves supported?

Thanks man, and yeah I'm going for a clean look for the room and the wall's 2 foot deep so on the left side my server will be behind the wall and on the right side I'm thinking about putting the Sub back there and make like a small door on one of the sides so I can get back there if need be.

And I built the shelves into the wall studs and just spaced and modified the studs on the the bottom part of the wall so I could accommodate the shelfs, used all 2x4's. Right now I've invested about $80, and all I have left to purchase is Crown molding and baseboards and a gallon of tan paint to match the other walls, so it's definitely on the cheap.

housemate is still borrowing my 360. i dont give a poo though cuz i never use it :D

outlaw2i.jpg

It's an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX. 12" driver. 2x3" ports. 350W RMS, 1300W peak. There are plenty of bigger subs out there though :D

housemate is still borrowing my 360. i dont give a poo though cuz i never use it :D

outlaw2i.jpg

Dude i don't want to alarm you but the borg left their cube in your living room... pretty sweet though hope you have no neighbors or lots of sound proofing.

Very Nice. Is the wall unit with the matching coffee table custom made? It looks really nice. I love the CM Stacker. Wish I had one.

yup custom made, made it myself, it took me half a day to make all and mount it, hiding the wires was pain in the... stacker is awesome it has custom water cooling, I posted pics in that thread too...

Last edited:
That looks good. I would recommend mounting the L/R speakers to the cabinet instead of the wall, though.

Dude i don't want to alarm you but the borg left their cube in your living room... pretty sweet though hope you have no neighbors or lots of sound proofing.

Haha, thanks :D

sides of the cabinet mounted to the wall are openable, more shelves for dvds etc, so therefore I can't mount speakers to it ;)

Posting again a little different because I like posting.
Waiting for a new recliner.

ftMLw.jpg

Last-Gen setup. The TV sucks.

UBX7I.jpg

Yeah. I'm fine with it looking worse though. I enjoy playing psx games and the like on the lcd. Those crts are just so damn bulky...I sold almost all of mine over the last few years :D

I made it to practice some welding and cutting metals quite some time ago. I've gotten way better since but this thing seems to work enough to keep me from buying a real stand.

Ignore the welding on the pipes, I didn't know what I was doing and ended up using blind rivets to support it. :eek:
Ignore the rat's nest also, I keep changing the setup so much I don't bother with wire management. Just try and hide them from where I sit.

I was actually ambitious to make it adjustable when I started but eff that. :p

eifgz.jpg

Let's see. Living room is a Sharp Aquos 60 inch lc-60le832u and has the PS3 hooked up to it and my bedroom is a Sharp Aqous 60 inch lc-60le632u and has the Xbox 360 hooked up to it. That way if the wife is watching one of them I can still jump on the other and not be forced to watch whatever garbage she is watching (The House Idiots of New Jersey)

DSC08608.jpg

DSC08610.jpg

Back