Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

I'm wondering, my setup right now has my center sitting on top of my TV. I'm looking for new furniture, but I don't think I'm going to find anything to my liking that will let me get it above the TV again. How does center below sound vs center above source?

And yes that's a motherfuckin Cassette Deck.

1000930m.jpg

it's fine either way - it just needs to be angled up or angled down at the seating position, depending on where you place the speaker. of course, the closer it is to the middle the better, but that won't work since the tv will be in the way :D

LRUBD.jpg

Just moved in, so I'm not done decorating yet. I'll post again when it's all finished.
Temporary pc setup on the sofa-table, getting the real desk tomorrow.

EDIT: Here we go

EkL80.jpg

Last edited:
Bedroom, 32" LG 720p LCD, Pioneer Receiver, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, Insignia blu-ray disc player, HD cable box
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

Here is my living room setup as of right now.
47" Toshiba 240hz
Kenwood VR 4900
JBL front channel
Yamaha fronts
Polk bookshelf's in the rear
Pioneer SW 8 sub
Xbox 360 w/ wireless g adapter (one of two)
PS3 slim
not sure on the stand its one from target, best thing next to mounting it on the wall without mounting it on the wall.
tv%20setup.jpg

Got most of my stuff setup. Don't think I'll bother cleaning wires.

74054_455920735889_789895889_5349841_854952_n.jpg

US PS3 and Japanese Xbox 360 connected to the 40" TV. Japanese PS3 and US Xbox 360 have their own 23" LED monitors, which they each share with a computer. The softmod US Xbox 360 has no home currently. Not sure what I'll do with it.

This was my set-up in Canada (which I miss after moving abroad for the last 18 months):

p1000114.jpg

p1000116.jpg

p1000135.jpg

And gaming pc / media center set up tucked in the corner:
p1000122v.jpg

I've been living in England and bought an HD DLP projector (which is great for portability as I can take it with me in the carry-on on my way back to Canada) that I've been using for the last couple months.

I will post a couple pictures later tonight of the projector installation with ceiling mount.

65" Toshiba DLP Rear-Projection in a light-controlled environment

dcp1146.jpg

Setup from top->left
Original PS2, HD Cable Box, DVD/DivX/tons of other random media codecs player
XBox360 S (with 250GB WD Scorpio HDD), HTPC (Athlon X2 AM2 with 4650 HDMI-Out) and 10/100 Zonet 16-port switch

dcp1147.jpg

Game Rack (my collection is tiny compared to most, but I'm 95% PC gamer)

dcp1148.jpg

Sectional couch gives us plenty of room (My Wii is upstairs so my dad can play Resident Evil 4 without having to walk downstairs every time, but lots of space if I ever move the Wii down there)

dcp1149.jpg

In the corner of the same room, my file server (in sig), Mac G4 (e-mail server, mysql db backups), Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer all connected to the Netgear Gigabit Switch

dcp1150.jpg

I made me own flatscreen tv stand thing.

pa200028.jpg

Won't post closer because it's pretty shoddy haha.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
55" sony 1080p tv, 360, ps3, htpc, 5.1 sound.

I used to have that tv, was awesome till the optical block decided to go tits up :( gave me an excuse to go 3D tho so now it's wall mounted it's a big difference!

Looking at that pic makes me wanna swap in for a black Wii.....

Last edited:
Got a red wii to replace my old white one + a new set of shelves.

consoles.png

newshelf.png

It's been a while since I contributed to this thread... and I've changed a bunch of equipment so here goes nothing.

5353313577_4e282505a3.jpg

5353927398_64b6273d3e.jpg

TV is new (Samsung PN58C500 plasma), as is the new Xbox 360S with Kinect. New DVR from Comcast to match all my black a/v stuff. Still using the Yamaha receiver and Panny/Toshiba Blu-Ray and HD-DVD combo.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

100_0379.jpg

Not much, 37in Vizio TV. Yes there is a support post behind the TV so the top does not fall on it. It was moved once for our old CRT TV and I had to remove part of it so the Vizio would fit.

Top left cubby holds our chipped 1TB HDD 360(with the pin strip faceplate)m under it is the HD cable box, to the left is where our Wii normally sits, but atm it is at my parents, to the right is our VIOP/internet modem, in the back left corner I have a My Book HDD hooked up for movies that we use the xbox for*.

Right cubby holds our Sony Blu Ray player, my ghetto shelf is supported by 4 shot glasses, that shelf holds our land line phone base, a Netgear WNR3500v2 router, zippos and our Blu Ray/DVDs that are not kept in binders(5 binders of DVDs in the cabinets under the TV)

Not the best but not the worst set up out there. Going to try for a simple 5.1 surround sound setup with tax returns though.

*I'm slowly converting my favorite movies to xvid so I can watch them at work via external drive and not take up a ton of space on a HDD or in my laptop bag.

Last edited:
I don't like posting pictures of my apartment due to my paranoia, but I'll describe it. My wife and I have 2 32 inch LCD HDTVs set up side by side with 2 Xbox 360's connected simultaneously. We play games online co-op when they don't allow local co-op for whatever reason. It's awesome being married to a hardcore gamer wife.

I will have to post some pics when I get my area organized. Super Famicom, Neo Geo AES, Genesis, SNES, NES, games etc.

Gotta get a decent CRT TV with some good hookups.

Apologies for the poor quality pics...

360 / PS3 / HTPC setup in the living room:
livingroom.jpg

and a 360 / gaming PC setup in my room for when my bf is hogging the TV:
room.jpg

Haha very nice setups! I like how you have very nice speakers for your pc but not for the living room.

Those living room speakers look like the energy take classic system...which are excellent speakers for the money, provided the room isn't too big.

Those living room speakers look like the energy take classic system...which are excellent speakers for the money, provided the room isn't too big.
I cant really see em but I thought they were some HTIB setup.

Surprised you can see from such a dark pic! Those are indeed Energy Take speakers. Have them hooked up to some decent Onkyo receiver and they're great. The room is not too big but I tend to keep them down because it's an apartment and the neighbor just loves when we play games with the sub up.

Haha very nice setups! I like how you have very nice speakers for your pc but not for the living room.
Both sets of speakers are good at what they were designed to do. The 5.1 in the living room are great for movies and games, and the ones on my PC are near-field monitors for sound production (not really set up properly, tho)

I'd be worried about somebody bumping into that left speaker. Why not relocate the sub so you have a bit more room to work with?

Surprised you can see from such a dark pic! Those are indeed Energy Take speakers. Have them hooked up to some decent Onkyo receiver and they're great. The room is not too big but I tend to keep them down because it's an apartment and the neighbor just loves when we play games with the sub up.

I recognized them (even with your super dark picture) because I own a set. Mine were also used with an onkyo receiver, but I'm currently trying to sell em so I can do some upgrades :D

Playseat Evolution. Have the Forza3 edition cause I got it off CL. Added the shifter mount and slider kit which are also found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Playseat-Limi...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1290239209&sr=1-2

Careful if you have stupid friends over. One just broke one of the welds on the shifter mount tonight, was getting frustrated cause he was getting owned and started slamming gears :mad:.

OMG, I would have beaten the crap out of him!!:mad:
Get it fixed and hand him the bill.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
nothing special, Dynex 55" LCD (dont judge, it was all I could afford and going to it from a 32" CRT TV is a HUGE step up)

Crappy cell phone pic

1fd8aa11.jpg

59793fdcc489bea118d825cbe7b59497.JPG

G27 steering wheel for the pc
Pc is getting treated as a console when gaming as shown in picture, attached to usb hub and a seperate monitor for fps, rts etc etc.
360 controller for pc too.

Nintendo wii
B&W 683 front, HTM62 center B&W 685 rear, onkyo TX SR-875.
2x SVS PB12.3 Plus (Upgraded driver)
Toshiba 42" TV.
pc runs crysis at high/vhigh. silverstone case GD04B, fits in nicely!
Upgrades planned is:
Ps3.
Projector.
Poweramp for frontspeakers.

Back