Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

I finally have a picture too share! Here is my PC & PS3 setup, double for your money :)

100_8127.jpg

Well my awesome wife bought me a complete surround sound system I've been wanting for months. Father's day gift! If you remember I've mentioned a few times I lost everything in the CA wildfires when my house burnt down awhile back so I've had to start from scratch.

Just hooked it all up and its an amazing upgrade.

Yamaha RX-V467BL (Receiver)
(2) Polk Audio TSI300 (Front L&R)
(2) Polk Audio TI15 (Rear L&R)
(1) Polk Audio CS10 (Center)
(1) Polk Audio PSW10 (Sub)

audioupgrade.jpg

Looks great man. Any other pics of the room?

I can take some tomorrow, and while I think it looks lived in and stylish.. its an apartment. Starting over from a fire meant starting over :( But I'll take some more pictures tomorrow. Don't get your hopes up ;)

My ghetto looking watercooled xbox360, using a thermaltake big water system and a xspc waterblock. It works and may function as my primary xbox soon.

xboxwater.jpg

Soo.. A couple years ago I posted my college set up here. You can check it out below (click on link for Flickr page equipped with notes on the goodies)

Graduated a year ago, had some extra cash, and decided to jump onto the Polk Monitor closeouts. Ended up with the below (again, click on the pictures for the Flickr page with notes).

And yes I know some cable management needs to be implemented. Finished setting it up yesterday, so CM is next on my agenda :)

So the day many thought they'd never see.....I finally have a 360 in slim guise sitting under my TV :D So it's now a full sweep!

Really impressed with the 360 tbh, Live is very very slick!

Nice A2000, had one for three years, it was a fantastic set. Just recently replaced it with one of the new Sony LED sets. About midway through the second year, I replaced the bulb and WOW - never realized how dim it became over the time I had it.

Nice A2000, had one for three years, it was a fantastic set. Just recently replaced it with one of the new Sony LED sets. About midway through the second year, I replaced the bulb and WOW - never realized how dim it became over the time I had it.

Yeah its the best tv I've seen for a while, just replaced the bulb for the first time last month and I was shocked at how dim it was too! Will be looking at 3D set in the new year I think.

My setup
Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV
Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K 7.2 surround setup
Sony BDP-N460 Blu-ray Disc Player
Dish Network ViP722 HD DVR
Xbox 360S
Xbox (original modded with 320gb HD full of games)

DSCN1062.jpg

My setup
Xbox 360S

DSCN1062.jpg

How do you like that AQUOS LED? I've been looking at the 700UNs for a while now and haven't quite yet made the plunge... but I'm leaning that way.

How do you like that AQUOS LED? I've been looking at the 700UNs for a while now and haven't quite yet made the plunge... but I'm leaning that way.

I love it Hd content looks amazing. bluray on it has awsome depth in the picture. does have to be tweaked some for your surrounding. Blacks are awsome because of the full grid LED.

I have a 700UN as a computer monitor and I get bad blur on dark scenes or maps :/

I have a 700UN as a computer monitor and I get bad blur on dark scenes or maps :/

Doesnt sound right i have a pc setup on mine too and never seen that. depends on what your video output to the tv is also and the tv settings you have on or off. mine is HDMI from a Radeon 4850.

I love it Hd content looks amazing. bluray on it has awsome depth in the picture. does have to be tweaked some for your surrounding. Blacks are awsome because of the full grid LED.

That's good to hear. I'd either be going with a 32" for a bedroom or a 46" for a living room. Not sure yet.

Interesting. What size do you have? The 32's might use a different panel or something than the larger versions.

I have the 40". HisSvt76, check the thread about the 700UN series here on the forum, or the avsforum thread. Motion blur is a well known problem when it comes to this display :/

I have the 40". HisSvt76, check the thread about the 700UN series here on the forum, or the avsforum thread. Motion blur is a well known problem when it comes to this display :/

I've seen them, no tv is perfect but its pretty damn good it does require tuning for your viewing area. I had mine set thru AQUOS advantage live and it is perfect. i also replaced my hdmi cables with new cables 1.3b 24 gauge cables. the simple settings are opc off, fine motion enhance on,active contrast off, film mode off. digital noise reduction off. and settings in dot by dot

My setup
Xbox 360S

DSCN1062.jpg

I'm confused, do you sit on the coffee table when you game?

DVD Drive is on my desk because I am currently working on my main system (prepping for an incomming HD5870), xbox360 is old, lol :p. My PS3 is out in the main room, along with my newer xbox360 (not slim).
cimg2877j.jpg

DVD Drive is on my desk because I am currently working on my main system (prepping for an incomming HD5870), xbox360 is old, lol :p. My PS3 is out in the main room, along with my newer xbox360 (not slim).
cimg2877j.jpg

Nice periodic table of elements on the desk.

I have been wanting to post this for a while, but never got around to it until now.

TV is a Panasonic TH-50PZ85U (50" 1080p plasma) on a Sanus Wall-mount bracket.

Rack is a Middle Atlantic BRK16 with front and rear rack rails, and the glass door on the front (I took it off for the picture).

Rack gear from top to bottom:

Furman PL-PLUS SERIES II Power Conditioner
Nintendo Wii + games + nunchuk - play some games, not as often as I'd like - would like to move to an older style TV and hook some of my older consoles.
SONY PlayStation 3 80GB (Sept 08) - used as a Blu-ray and DVD Player. Don't have any games (I do - Rock Band 1 and 2 but those are up on Craigslist atm).
TiVo HD w/ 1TB Seagate Barracuda ES.2 (145~ hours of HD record time)
DirectTV HR-20 HD DVR Reciever (standard drive in there still)
Harman Kardon AVR-247

L&R Speakers are JBL HT4V and center is a JBL HT4C. Sub is an Infinity PS-12 and surrounds are JBL L830's.

Last edited:
46" Samsung and Xbox 360 in the living room.
tv1h.jpg

32" Dynex and PS3 in the Bedroom
tv2v.jpg

It's funny how image perspective makes the 32" look almost the sames size.

Well, I finally decided to post pics of my setup. Let me know what you think! :D

50" Samsung1080p Ultra Slim DLP (Can't Remember the model number). On the bottom left is Xbox 360 (launch version), HD-DVD add-on, and Dreamcast. On the bottom right is Playstation 3 and under that is regular Xbox which I never play and only bought for Shenmue 2. And on the far right on top of the surround's sub is a black gamecube which I use to play the Resident Evil games that came out only on Gamecube.

I have a simple 5.1 surround sound system hooked up to my PS3 and Xbox 360 and the rear speakers are behind my chair in the next picture.
photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

My rig is in my sig, and the speakers for my desktop are the Logitech z-5300s. They are loud as hell and the bass is really deep. I love it.
photo2.jpg

This is directly behind me when I am sitting at my desk. If you can see it, the rear channels for the Z-5300s are on the far left and right of my DVD stands. The effect is pretty good and worked our pretty well.
photo3.jpg

Peavey Guitar?

I am really loving these setups for real. Out of all the "Post your setup" threads on the internet now, this (and HDBits) really inspires me to spruce my setup even more.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*love*

Wire on front of xbox is on the eprmenantly play'ncharge kit - since the battery ain't working anymore :D

This is my old xbox360... way old launch model.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*love*

Wire on front of xbox is on the eprmenantly play'ncharge kit - since the battery ain't working anymore :D

This is my old xbox360... way old launch model.

yeah my controller has to stay connected to the p-n-c kit all the time as well since the ms rechargeable battery pack died on me awhile back. had to buy 2 in less than 3 years, which is terrible, imo. but doesn't do me much good since my xbox died on me for the third time with rrod earlier this year, 3 months out of the 3 yr warranty. so i haven't played in several months. might take to the time to try to fix it myself sometime, but i'm having second thoughts on whether it's worth it to try to maintain my good ol' reliable ms hardware anymore :rolleyes:. oh well, still got my ps3 to keep me going, lol. sorry to go off on a tangent...just had to vent a bit.

what kind of computer speakers are those, btw?

Back