Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

quick snap of my entertainment system..
4451327367_8f1af66bf2_m.jpg

Getting there.

IMG_1263.jpg

Just need some trim, some electrical and a few other things and I can finally enjoy my basement.

Here is my setup. Took me a year and a half to complete. It used to be just an open corner. I am waiting on velcro straps to come in the mail so that I can finish hiding the wires.

edit....hmmm, apparently i suck at the internets, when i get home from work Ill thumbnail the images and fixed the upside down ones...lol....DONE

Last edited:
Love the Cabinet also! But did you put any cooling inside of it? Might get HOT.

Thanks!!

Yea I have been thinking about cooling. I am looking for some 120vac fans that are around 120mm in size. I will cut holes in the very top of the cabinet to pull air up the backside behind the wire management board and out the top...maybe some fans with thermosisters in them as well. Any suggestions for fans like this would be great...

If i can find any of my pictures during the build process I will create a build thread in the home theater section, but as I take all of my pictures with my iphone and dont always sync them back to my desktop I have probably lost them when my past iphones died and had to be replace...

Very nice setup bink, and the component section is just sick.
We have the same statue of the woman that is on the right hand side of the TV. The one with no features on her face.

Thanks!!

Yea I have been thinking about cooling. I am looking for some 120vac fans that are around 120mm in size. I will cut holes in the very top of the cabinet to pull air up the backside behind the wire management board and out the top...maybe some fans with thermosisters in them as well. Any suggestions for fans like this would be great...

If i can find any of my pictures during the build process I will create a build thread in the home theater section, but as I take all of my pictures with my iphone and dont always sync them back to my desktop I have probably lost them when my past iphones died and had to be replace...
easiest bet would be some 120mm computer fans and a 12v DC supply. Solder and heatshrink all the fans to it. Make sure it can handle the draw, naturally ;)

So how do you like that setup? Does its wire management work well? I know some of them come with cooling options did you ever try that? Thanks again as I have always like the looks of that setup!!

Cooling is just passive, I just removed the rear for the console side (no RROD yet, knock on wood) . Other then being able to fish the wires through the 8540 mounts wire management is pretty standard. I had to do some workarounds to have the mount accommodate a 60" plasma . It's really limited to 55" plasmas or LCD's. It's basically a monoprice wall mount attached to the BDI 8540 mount. Someone from AVS was gracious enough to show how it was done.

img91314x6.jpg

img91774x6.jpg

Obviously his setup puts mine to shame

Sixthsense thanks soo much for sharing...and I would not say their setup puts yours to shame...it puts mine to shame for sure :)

Thanks again!

Just cleaned a little bit a figured I'd throw a picture up. Not nearly as nice as some others posted here, but I'm still in college, so give me some time to catch up. :p

TV and systems. My Xbox and PS2 are on loan at the moment, and I don't have my N64 hooked up because I don't have the space at the moment.
IMG_0636.jpg

HTPC and hand-me down receiver.
IMG_0637.jpg

Game collection, and if you look closely, my security system.
IMG_0638.jpg

I definitely think I'm going to grab one of those nicer Samsung LED's in the next 18 months. My DLP is still working, but those put it to shame...and you can finally get one that's larger than 55", too.

I definitely think I'm going to grab one of those nicer Samsung LED's in the next 18 months. My DLP is still working, but those put it to shame...and you can finally get one that's larger than 55", too.

What kind of room are you in? If you can accommodate it, front projection would be a nice step up since you're looking for size.

What kind of room are you in? If you can accommodate it, front projection would be a nice step up since you're looking for size.

The problem with front projection is that room has to be in a light controlled enviroment. I really want to get one, but even with recessed lighting controlled via a dimmer, the picture gets out of whack.

IMHO, 60-70" at 11'-13 viewing distance is fine. Anything larger then that feels like watching a tennis match up close (where you contstantly have to move your head from left to right to take in the whole screen)

Last edited:
yeah, he's definitely got a beautiful setup. here's my messy stuff :)

room5i.jpg

room1g.jpg

Well, the wires behind the tv stand & av rack for one thing. I also don't like having the controllers all over the tv stand, the only reason why some of them are on the lower shelf is because a friend is borrowing my 360, and I'm too lazy to put them in a drawer or something somewhere. I also have a bunch of shit on the floor. I have a lot more other shit on the floor or in messy piles on cabinets or whatever around my room that aren't in the pics. That bookshelf in the box next to the other shelves has been there for over a year, and I still haven't put it together for all the movies and cds I've got everywhere >_>

Opeth rules \m/

\m/

well heres my setup

setup2.jpg

Is that a Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N? I always thought those things are cool as hell but I could never justify spending the money on one. What do you like about it and what do you use it for? Is the battery life good?

Well, I finally decided to post pics of my setup. Let me know what you think! :D

50" Samsung1080p Ultra Slim DLP (Can't Remember the model number). On the bottom left is Xbox 360 (launch version), HD-DVD add-on, and Dreamcast. On the bottom right is Playstation 3 and under that is regular Xbox which I never play and only bought for Shenmue 2. And on the far right on top of the surround's sub is a black gamecube which I use to play the Resident Evil games that came out only on Gamecube.

I have a simple 5.1 surround sound system hooked up to my PS3 and Xbox 360 and the rear speakers are behind my chair in the next picture.
photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

My rig is in my sig, and the speakers for my desktop are the Logitech z-5300s. They are loud as hell and the bass is really deep. I love it.
photo2.jpg

This is directly behind me when I am sitting at my desk. If you can see it, the rear channels for the Z-5300s are on the far left and right of my DVD stands. The effect is pretty good and worked our pretty well.
photo3.jpg

Last edited:
Well I haven't really noticed any difference running wired compared to my old wrt54gl w/tomato, but I haven't tried out the wireless yet. I'm sure it's going to be better, but I won't know until I try it.

Back