Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

Ya, will take some work. I need to go get a new soldering iron too. Been a while since my dremel got some work.

My setup (as of 3/17/09).
3320bgi.jpg

Just got the TV on Sunday, and here it is with the PS3
Pics taken while setting it up so don't mind the mess and the cables.
Once I get the HD box and my HDMI cables (monoprice is taking ages to ship) then I will reorganzie everything, hide the cables and secure the TV.
The PS3 will go down next to the TV. Standing the PS3 on its side is way sexier than what I have now.

Don't worry about the VCR :p, it will be gone soon.

Last shot is new TV with my old beast :)

There really isn't a need to get a Japanese PS3, unless you want your BC to support Japanese games (if you get an old model with BC). Also the firmware adds in your Edy feature, which is useless outside Japan.

Games are region free, Japan is on the same region as the US for blu-ray movies (thank god), and the PSU is 110/220v for all models in all countries.

The silver monitor is a 17inch Samsung 172x.

No the PS3 is from Hong Kong. The point of getting one in Hong Kong was due to the fact that you can't get white in Europe or America and also the much cheaper price. I paid $320AUD for it 18 months ago.

There really isn't a need to get a Japanese PS3, unless you want your BC to support Japanese games (if you get an old model with BC). Also the firmware adds in your Edy feature, which is useless outside Japan.

Games are region free, Japan is on the same region as the US for blu-ray movies (thank god), and the PSU is 110/220v for all models in all countries.
You forgot the main reason I would wanna go to Japan, to get the white ps3! Looks sexy. :D:eek:

I bought my PS3 in Hamura. Bought 3 of my 360s at Tokorozawa. Love Japan.

Pictures never want to turn out with the lighting in my basement, but here's my newest set-up. Thanks to Circuit City's 60% off sale, I picked up some Polk floor speakers and a center channel.

DSCN0218.jpg

dsc00493n.jpg

wii not pictured, using it as a doorstop (lol let my co-worker borrow it; madworld was fun)
On a sidenote, my harman kardon 435 has kicked the bucket. Newly acquired Denon 1909 taking it's place.

HDMI receivers are definitely coming down in price, which is good for the next generation of hardware. I'm seeing more and more of 'em on this thread.
There are receivers with 4 and 5 HDMI inputs on them going for under $500 now. Considering everything seems to be going the route of having HDMI as an option, I think it's finally becoming viable. Without an HDMI in/out enabled receiver, the whole format is useless.

I am finding that most cheap HDMI receivers are simply pass-through. They don't decode sound, at all, they just allow you to select between multiple video inputs.

dsc00493n.jpg

wii not pictured, using it as a doorstop (lol let my co-worker borrow it; madworld was fun)
On a sidenote, my harman kardon 435 has kicked the bucket. Newly acquired Denon 1909 taking it's place.

Is it just me or does that TV look crooked?

I am finding that most cheap HDMI receivers are simply pass-through. They don't decode sound, at all, they just allow you to select between multiple video inputs.

Those are the REALLY cheap ones :)
Sony, Pioneer, and Onkyo have normal consumer models for $300-400, especially if you don't mind grabbing "last year's model." A couple of years ago, those were a lot more.
Pass-thru is all but worthless. It's sad that those are still being sold to buyers looking for HDMI.

Maybe he mounted the tv and speakers crooked and tilted the camera to adjust ;)

My 360's black...unfortunately I just can't get lighting that's worth a crap for taking pictures in my basement.

D_o_T, I wouldn't have a PC in a corner or on the ground, but your setup is full of class.

My game collection, some NES classics there too such as Castlevania Dracula's Curse and Shatterhand :p
PC||||GameCube|||X360|||PS|||PS2
Empty cases|||NES|||Various discs|||Some crappy DVD movies.
P2090001.jpg

Image1-5.jpg

Pictures never want to turn out with the lighting in my basement, but here's my newest set-up. Thanks to Circuit City's 60% off sale, I picked up some Polk floor speakers and a center channel.

DSCN0218.jpg

OMG I have almost the exact same hardware and was thinking about a setup like you have done. I like it!

Yeah, I wish I could get a better picture, but the set-up works. I shot the picture from my couch, and I have two tall/thin standing rear speakers (the ones from this set: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HT-Z5...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240842484&sr=8-4) sitting to the sides of the couch. I just ran the cables that go to them under the carpeting.
The Wii bar is on the metal bar right above the center speaker, which works well and hides it at the same time.
It's a good set-up that I really wouldn't change much. I wish there were some home theater stands that would hold everything like this that were about 3-4" higher, but I didn't see any when I bought this one 2 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
dsc00493n.jpg

gotta space those left / right speakers out more

HomeTheater_0835.jpg

HomeTheater_0846.jpg

Halo 3 with 2 Xbox360's. One on the 22" wall-mounted lcd (usually use headphones), and the other on the 55"
Double team is pretty fun that way :)

P1010165.jpg

can u spot the wii in this pic? heh
P1010173.jpg

How does your regular Xbox look on your LCD? is it too blurry? I have only 360 connected on my LCD but I do feel like connecting/playing some reg xbox games (since many I still have not even played yet) is it as bad as PS2? thanks

Back