Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

I still dont understand why people mount flat panels above fireplaces, its just way to high for a tv in my eyes. I prefer it to be eye level.

Finally got my Xbox360 2 days ago (no just waiting to get GTA IV :p)

Here is what my setup right now, needs a clean I know but I'm lazy so yeah lol,

Xbox360 on Sony G400 19" (input 2) running @ 1280x1024 normal Resolution
xbox360pcsetupflashci8.jpg

Xbox360 on Sony G400 19" (input 2) again
xbox360pcsetupnoflashyf9.jpg

Here the Sony G400 19" showing the PC (input 1)
xbox360pcmonitornoflashup6.jpg

This definitely isn't clean as a lot of your setups here, but it suits me fine. The wires behind my desk are more trouble than I am willing to deal with. So I've come to accept and ignore them.

^^^ so like, your huge ass expensive TV over on the right there is kind of just sitting half on half off your cable box? First, just c'mon, that shit isn't made to support a TV. And second, those things get insanely hot and need the vents on the top to be clear.

^^^ so like, your huge ass expensive TV over on the right there is kind of just sitting half on half off your cable box? First, just c'mon, that shit isn't made to support a TV. And second, those things get insanely hot and need the vents on the top to be clear.

It was only $900, so not exactly expensive. Only 37", so not exactly "huge ass."

As for where it's sitting, I'd rather it not be on the cable box, but it's the best I can do with the furniture I have right now.

woot.jpg

Got the TV last week, it's a Samsung LN32A330. I think a PS3 is going to be my next purchase (primarily as a Blu Ray player, but I'm also looking forward to GT5).

Updated pic again changed things around,

new 360 to the mix
160GB PS3
Dell XPS HTPC

hpim01911280x768mx5.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Akai 42" 1080P HDTV
200GB PS3
2 140W speakers. (that I found.)
Pioneer radio receiver.
Motorola DVR/HD box.

Im looking for a new TV (better one) with 3 HDMI's so IF I get a 360 and also have my HD box since I only have one HDMI :(

my sammy has three HDMI ports but since i wanted to have everything run through my reciever i bought a HDMI switch this way everything goes from switch to receiver to tv, works well,

controller lives on top of the 360 and the 360 is hooked up to my monitor via vga. I heard from some friends that the text and hud in gta4 are much clearer via vga or an lcdtv. I have a 1080i crt hdtv and tried changing the res from 1080i to 720p to 480p in the 360 options and it didn't really improve. The contrast is unparalleled, but it's just not sharp enough for some reason on gta4, halo 3 is fine. I hooked up the RCA jacks from the MS vga cable to the adapter and plugged it into the aux of my sub. It's a P7800 system but I'm only using L + R + Sub. It sounds great.

picture005jn4.jpg

Yeah I have that TV. It can only display in 480i/p and 1080i. It can accept 720p signals but it will automatically display in 1080i. This TV really isn't a true LCD or a CRT, being that it is a SlimFit.

Lots of geometry problems, and yes the text is blurry as heck. I can't even read the cell phone in GTA4.

This TV really isn't a true LCD or a CRT, being that it is a SlimFit.

I made sure not to purchase the slimfit model, because I read bad things about it. This isn't a slimfit model, I have the TXT3093WHX/XAA version SA01. dvds and hdtv (1080i and 720p via HDMI) looks fantastic imo. The contrast is just really good.

Just my 2 cents, but why don't you move your sub and look at putting your center under your TV and I would also move your rack and place both infinity's next to the tv for a cleaner look with all that money you spent I would definately try to get it looking abit cleaner and uniform.

No thanks, I'll place things where they sound better, not where they look better (which is subjective anyway).

*PIC*
Akai 42" 1080P HDTV
200GB PS3
2 140W speakers. (that I found.)
Pioneer radio receiver.
Motorola DVR/HD box.

Im looking for a new TV (better one) with 3 HDMI's so IF I get a 360 and also have my HD box since I only have one HDMI :(

I'm not sure I'd be putting my PS3 on a speaker... Wouldn’t the vibrations be bad for it (bad for reading/writing to hard drive?)

WiiPS3.jpg

Here is my modest setup.

Westinghouse 32" LCD @ 720p
40GB PS3
Wii

controller lives on top of the 360 and the 360 is hooked up to my monitor via vga. I heard from some friends that the text and hud in gta4 are much clearer via vga or an lcdtv. I have a 1080i crt hdtv and tried changing the res from 1080i to 720p to 480p in the 360 options and it didn't really improve. The contrast is unparalleled, but it's just not sharp enough for some reason on gta4, halo 3 is fine. I hooked up the RCA jacks from the MS vga cable to the adapter and plugged it into the aux of my sub. It's a P7800 system but I'm only using L + R + Sub. It sounds great.

picture005jn4.jpg

I have the same TV in silver. Just picked up a VGA cable for my 19inch LCD. Its damn hard to read on 1080i.

What speaker stands are those, leng jai? I'm looking for good adjustable ones for my Z-5500 speakers.

Leng Jai, Where did you get the white ps3?!!?!?!?! Imma get it when it comes out even though I have a ps3.

Leng Jai, Where did you get the white ps3?!!?!?!?! Imma get it when it comes out even though I have a ps3.

I didn't even notice that at first. That is really cool. I think I still prefer black, but the white definitely looks really clean.

What speaker stands are those, leng jai? I'm looking for good adjustable ones for my Z-5500 speakers.

I have the same ones but in Black and I got them from BB for something like 70 bux I think. So far they have worked out really well.

I didn't even notice that at first. That is really cool. I think I still prefer black, but the white definitely looks really clean.
I like the non shine to it. And its proably better with fingerprints! Haha . Oh and I like the how the metal part is like the 40 gb, looks like bare metal or something.

here's my nasty setup:

audio from computer through the speakers, audio from the ps3 through the bass amp cd line-in w/ headphones. :eek:

the tiny tv on the amp is for switching the ps3 from 720p to 480i mode for when i let my bro play gta4... why the ps3 doesn't automatically detect different connections is beyond me.

archaic video switching of ps3 and e4300 rig via dvi cable swapping.

i have one of the most hurtin lookin setups i have ever seen from someone with 2k$ worth of stuff in a room. :p

No thanks, I'll place things where they sound better, not where they look better (which is subjective anyway).

How sensitive are those to distance from the wall with the active subs?

I still want your S3 center channel ;)

Close, I did previously use the 595s The amp is a Darkvoice 332 with custom tubes and the cans are Sennheiser HD650s.

Back