Theater.jpg

Samsung LN-T5271 LCD
Harman Kardon AVR-240 Receiver
PS3
Xbox 360
Samsung DVD Player (cheapie)
Scientific Atlanta HD PVR
Panamax Surge Protector
Slim Devices Squeezebox (My newest toy, simply AWESOME)
Monster MCC-AVL300 RF remote control (the ONLY thing I'll EVER buy from Monster)

Samsung LN-T5271 LCD
Harman Kardon AVR-240 Receiver
PS3
Xbox 360
Samsung DVD Player (cheapie)
Scientific Atlanta HD PVR
Panamax Surge Protector
Slim Devices Squeezebox (My newest toy, simply AWESOME)
Monster MCC-AVL300 RF remote control (the ONLY thing I'll EVER buy from Monster)

Nice, another 71 series owner. I had a Panasonic 700u not too long ago (the 770 and 700 won't do 1080p gaming over component), switched to a 4071. How much did the 52 set you back?

Very nice, indeed.

But I must ask something that's been driving me crazy. I've seen other dashboard screens, and some have a different disc tray design on the screen. What I mean is, mine has an arrow and yours has kind of a circle w/ a line through it. I thought it was just maybe some 360 Elite thing, but I see your 360 isn't one. Is there some hidden way to change that or what? Apologies for the horrible explanation.

Very nice, indeed.

But I must ask something that's been driving me crazy. I've seen other dashboard screens, and some have a different disc tray design on the screen. What I mean is, mine has an arrow and yours has kind of a circle w/ a line through it. I thought it was just maybe some 360 Elite thing, but I see your 360 isn't one. Is there some hidden way to change that or what? Apologies for the horrible explanation.

you get that when you add the hd dvd drive to the 360. the lower half is the hd dvd (movie) drive and the other upper one is the game tray on the 360.

Finally got my ass to Best Buy and got a 360 Elite and decided to take pics of it with the updated setup from before, beating the crazy Christmas rush that pretty much ends up being a zoo. I still plan to burn more monies into the machine with games. I have maybe about 6 games for the 360, and 8 for the PS3. 2 for the wii. I'm thinking of getting a vertical stand for the Xbox, since I don't like it directly on the carpet, just because I'm like that.

IMG_5754.jpg

Samsung LNS 4095 LCD HDTV
Xbox 360 Elite
Playstation 3 - upgraded from 60 GB to 160 GB
Playstation 2 - big box old school style
Nintendo Wii
Panasonic DVD-S53
Monoprice 5 X 1 HDMI switcher
Sennheiser 555s for audio (not pictured)

Also, it makes me pretty much lol when I see my very own tongue-in-cheek creation get posted on 4chan. Since then, I have wiped my PS3 everyday with a chamois cloth.

1) To overheat and short circuit the TV, or something.

2) I like lights :3.

3) All systems are not always on, only for such photo occassions because lol.

hey bunny, could you tell me where you got that wallpaper from?

its wicked!

great setup also!

new addition :) sold my xbox and got myself ps3 and wii;)

temp setup until i receive my other speakers

IMG_2873.jpg

this for now :)

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

My setup, with the wife's nick-nacks and her camera,

god i need to vaccum.

IMG_1795.JPG

I'd be more worried about interference from the minnie mouse slippers.

j/k

Umm... personally I wouldnt but any computer/console on or near a speaker do to magnets and vibrations, but again that is just me and my fears :)

As far as the vibrations go, you have a point. But I'm petty sure it takes a rather strong industrial magnet to damage a hard drive. A speaker shouldn't be able to do that.

Hey nice room ibby90. Looks sick. i like that tv and stand combo, is that like a 26inch? is it good pic on ps3?.

Hey nice room ibby90. Looks sick. i like that tv and stand combo, is that like a 26inch? is it good pic on ps3?.

hey man! yeh its a 26" but i mean im sat pretty close, so its perfect for me!

those pics are from blu ray on the ps3. its fantastic! if you ever got the tv, i'd send you my calibration setttings, cos it took me a while to get it looking like i wanted!

but it looks awesome now with ps3 and xbox 360! cheerss

None of my consoles are turned on in these pictures, but I have Wii and an Xbox hooked up to it, as well as my computer running a Quadcore and an 8800 GTX. The audio is 7.2 channels with the .2 being two 15 inch Adire subwoofers powered by a 1500 (or 2000 watt...can't remember OTOH) Samson amplifier. The 7 channels are powered by an additional 1500 watts of juice. The two front channels, the middle channel, and the two subwoofers were DIY -- there's some pretty hi-fidelity DIY audio equipment out there. Yes, those two giant, polyurethaned boxes are the subwoofers. They are made to look like coffee tables. The front piano black speakers and the center channel were home built.

Almost forgot...the screen is 110 inch diagonal. The masking is set up using a series of pulleys (my bros design), so we can raise and lower it depending on the movies we're watching.

PS: Pardon if I have posted these somewhere in this thread. I can't remember, and the thread is so long. Hehe.
EDIT: I just noticed, you can only see one of the coffee table 15 inch subwoofers. The other you can barely make out on the right in the smaller picture. There is a gyro mouse resting on top of it.
EDIT 2: Not pictured: our two side channel and two rear channel speakers.

ht.jpg

ht2.jpg

htpc.jpg

:eek:

I want to have your baby...

Are you between 5'4 and 5'8 and have a nice and tits, and a cute face?

JK!

But thanks for all the comments ppl. Currently, I'm waiting to get my hands on Soldner-X Himmelssturmer, a shmup, so I can play on the big screen. I'm also wanting to pick up Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps for the Wii.

Heres my setup....
PC, Xbox360, WII...pretty much have my gaming covered:)

2151444285_8226199069_o.jpg

Here's my setup. Not as nice as most of yours but I've had the TV about 2 years now. Still need to put together my HTPC but the Comcast DVR is holding me over til I can afford the parts I need.

tv1.jpg

Here's my setup. Not as nice as most of yours but I've had the TV about 2 years now. Still need to put together my HTPC but the Comcast DVR is holding me over til I can afford the parts I need.

Hey, is that the Samsung HL-S4266W 42 inch one?

if it is, I was wondering if you get a lot of jagged edges from games on the 360 because I can't tell if it's the TV's fault. Thanks

Hey, is that the Samsung HL-S4266W 42 inch one?

if it is, I was wondering if you get a lot of jagged edges from games on the 360 because I can't tell if it's the TV's fault. Thanks

Yeah it's the HL-S4266W. I don't get any jagged edges when gaming but the image can get a little "blocky" when there's alot of movement or flashing lights.

There's an option in the TV's menu under the setup tab called "game mode". I've turned it on a few times while gaming but can't really tell a difference with it on or off. Not sure if that might help you or not.

Oh, and when you go to replace the bulb make sure you by one from Samsung. I got a cheap one off of ebay to replace the original and the TV would shut off on its own every few hours. The bulb was overheating causing it to turn itself off. I replaced it with one from Samsung and never had that problem again.

None of my consoles are turned on in these pictures, but I have Wii and an Xbox hooked up to it, as well as my computer running a Quadcore and an 8800 GTX. The audio is 7.2 channels with the .2 being two 15 inch Adire subwoofers powered by a 1500 (or 2000 watt...can't remember OTOH) Samson amplifier. The 7 channels are powered by an additional 1500 watts of juice. The two front channels, the middle channel, and the two subwoofers were DIY -- there's some pretty hi-fidelity DIY audio equipment out there. Yes, those two giant, polyurethaned boxes are the subwoofers. They are made to look like coffee tables. The front piano black speakers and the center channel were home built.

Almost forgot...the screen is 110 inch diagonal. The masking is set up using a series of pulleys (my bros design), so we can raise and lower it depending on the movies we're watching.

PS: Pardon if I have posted these somewhere in this thread. I can't remember, and the thread is so long. Hehe.
EDIT: I just noticed, you can only see one of the coffee table 15 inch subwoofers. The other you can barely make out on the right in the smaller picture. There is a gyro mouse resting on top of it.
EDIT 2: Not pictured: our two side channel and two rear channel speakers.

ht.jpg

ht2.jpg

htpc.jpg

You win. Lock the thread.

Seriously, you have any pictures with a game or movie running on that screen? How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking.

You win. Lock the thread.

Seriously, you have any pictures with a game or movie running on that screen? How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking.

I'll take some playing Wii tomorrow. I'll take another with a movie playing too.

Cost: roughly 2k for the proj, 2k for amps, couple hundred for the PC (which died half a year ago...which is why it's sporting a quadcore and an 8800gtx -- the HTPC doubles as my bro's main computer), couple hundred for DIY drivers and misc materials like MDF board for speaker enclosures. The screen we also made ourselves. I'd estimate the total to be 5 - 6000.

Our projector was one of the first generation. We plan on replacing it once the bulb starts getting dim. Bulbs cost like 400 bucks, and we just replaced it about 1000 hours ago (bulb hours). It's only 720p/1080i.

EDIT: Bro just ordered a new projector from Mitsubishi that's 1080p. ;) Pics still to come with a movie and game on it (using the old Sony HS10 that's hooked up right now).

Yeah it's the HL-S4266W. I don't get any jagged edges when gaming but the image can get a little "blocky" when there's alot of movement or flashing lights.

There's an option in the TV's menu under the setup tab called "game mode". I've turned it on a few times while gaming but can't really tell a difference with it on or off. Not sure if that might help you or not.

Oh, and when you go to replace the bulb make sure you by one from Samsung. I got a cheap one off of ebay to replace the original and the TV would shut off on its own every few hours. The bulb was overheating causing it to turn itself off. I replaced it with one from Samsung and never had that problem again.

that's interesting, all the games I play on the same TV have jaggies. Did you change any sort of settings/calibrate?

Back