Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

m3ta1head said:
I'm arranging to have it serviced+calibrated, thank you very much :p

The problem is...who will do it? Who do I ask?
Call a couple of TV repair places out of the yellow pages and get quotes for cleaning/calibrating a RP CRT.

kumquat said:
Call a couple of TV repair places out of the yellow pages and get quotes for cleaning/calibrating a RP CRT.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Will do that. It generally costs $200 for a service/calibration, right?

m3ta1head said:
Awesome, thanks for the advice. Will do that. It generally costs $200 for a service/calibration, right?
That sounds like the right ballpark, yeah. Last time I saw a quote, it was for replacing a system board as well as calibrating and cleaning a circa 1993 50" Hitachi SDTV. That was $650.

kumquat said:
That sounds like the right ballpark, yeah. Last time I saw a quote, it was for replacing a system board as well as calibrating and cleaning a circa 1993 50" Hitachi SDTV. That was $650.

Ouch. I hope whoever that was just got a new TV.

m3ta1head said:
Ouch. I hope whoever that was just got a new TV.
The TV was from '93. The service was, I think, in '96.

He's currently using a 61" Hitachi LCD RP. Looks pretty nice, but he's shopping for 60"+ plasmas at the moment.

m3ta1head said:
Where is this dude? I live in Wisconsin, so...
Cali, if there are a bunch of people in your area wanting calibration he travels, as long as someone pays for means for him to get there, and gives him a place to stay/pays for one he will go anywhere....as will most well recognized calibrators.

miskari said:
lol the 360 stands out, only white thing!

ZOMG, is that the L204WT?? how does the 360 look on it? is it 360 running 720P?

ya, it's the one

360 looks flippin awesome on it

as for 720p, maybe?

The resolution im playing on is 1360x768

Though, I CAN set it to 1920x1080, but the whole picture doesnt fit on my screen. and I cant make it fit. Ive tried the auto image adjust and ajusted it manually too. still wont fit. I guess this monitor doesnt support that resoltuion???

anyway, it still looks fantastic at 1360x768

xbox003.jpg

Monitor: Acer AL2216W 22" Widescreen LCD

Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers

Also, a look at the shitter in the extreme left for those interested in that setup as well.

xbox360station.jpg

Pretty much the defining feature of my living room.

xboxgames.jpg

My limited selection of games at the moment.

xboxmovies.jpg

The movie stand

Going a little off topic:

Beanman how is Prey on the 360. I always wanted to play it and thinking of getting for the 360 as I go back to school soon and be leaving my computer at home. The demo was pretty awesome and just never got around to getting it.

It was decent. I admit it was kind of forgettable. I got it used on ebay for $30 or so. I may go back and play it on hard one day for the achievement points. Since you can't really die it's not too hard to begin with. I think on hard mode there aren't any health replenishment things. It's worth renting and playing through once, at least.

beanman101283 said:
It was decent. I admit it was kind of forgettable. I got it used on ebay for $30 or so. I may go back and play it on hard one day for the achievement points. Since you can't really die it's not too hard to begin with. I think on hard mode there aren't any health replenishment things. It's worth renting and playing through once, at least.

I see you have Enchanted Arms....how was that?

I can't take a picture, as my Xbox 360 is off at the repair centre.

However, I can describe it:

-Canon 1280X1024 Projector, Image 6 ft. diagonal, on top of hutch. The image is projected towards the wall behind me.

-Xbox 360 with Halo faceplate, got the Halo dashboard theme with it, on hutch with projector.

-PS2 vertical, used to deflect heat exhaust of Projector away from the Xbox 360.
(It's cruel, but considering that I got burned touching a PS3 and shocked by a Sony TV, I'm not feeling any remorse.)

- Gaming comp hooked up to projector, turn around and play video games on the projector.

-Beretta 92FS... protect the Xbox 360 from thieves.. (j/k)

Will post pics when the 360 gets back from repair centre.

MrBojangels said:
Cali, if there are a bunch of people in your area wanting calibration he travels, as long as someone pays for means for him to get there, and gives him a place to stay/pays for one he will go anywhere....as will most well recognized calibrators.

I'm not that desperate, but this guy does sound pretty hardcore for doing that.

Only console I'll own is the Wii. Not going to get into the big debate, but it's the only system thats offering me something that my PC can't do better.

Thanks mate.

Not sure why I mentioned it really. I guess I felt I might need to justify why I'm posting in a 360/PS3 thread when I own neither.

Beanman, Prey on Hard, really isnt that hard. you shouldn't have a problem with it. Also, if you're looking for online achievements, those really arent that hard either. there still plenty of people playing player matches in that game. it seems to be really popular in europe =]

Droopz, as long as its a set up, its cool =] i like the lighted stand btw. also, is your projector projecting on a plain ol white wall?

Droopz, as long as its a set up, its cool =] i like the lighted stand btw. also, is your projector projecting on a plain ol white wall?

Sort of. We've just finished building the house and I decided I didn't like the look of the fixed frame screen I used to use, So once the projector was mounted onto the ceiling and setup, I marked out the screen size and painted that part of the wall with a special matt-ish kinda paint that took a bit more gloss out of the wall. The colour itself is a white with a tiny amount of blue shaded in.

Works very well, and when the projector isn't on you can't see anything on the wall.

... accept a bloody wiimote shaped dint that my dad put into the new drywall when he let go flailing about in Rayman. :rolleyes:

DSC000445.JPG

First post, I've been lurking for a while but never really had anything to say :p

edit: cellphone pic, I'll take another one because it does not do the PS3 justice

Is that a KDS-R60XBR2? I have the same TV :D

The only thing bad about playing a 360 on a 22" or less sized LCD monitor is that it defeats the purpose of having a 360 to play with friends.

Multi-quote FTW!

I see you have Enchanted Arms....how was that?

It was good. I think it took me around 50 hours to complete, including having to reload after losing battles and all. The story was pretty good, and the combat is addicting. The most powerful upgrades for the battles come too late to really make a difference, and i found myself using my 3 companions in battle more than the creatures you can find and unlock. There were a couple battles that were wayyyyy harder than anything else in the game, but after doing some grinding for 30-45 minutes they were beatable. I doubt i'll play it again, but it's enjoyable.

Beanman, Prey on Hard, really isnt that hard. you shouldn't have a problem with it. Also, if you're looking for online achievements, those really arent that hard either. there still plenty of people playing player matches in that game. it seems to be really popular in europe =]

Yeah, i'm sure i'll get back to it eventually. Since you can't really die, there's not much to make it THAT hard. I'll probably play through Tomb Raider again on the hardest difficulty cuz that doesn't seem too hard. Other games though like Ghost Recon or Call of Duty 2/3 on hard are just too frustrating for me to stick with.

^^^^^ looks great xericx. I see you enjoy your vertical consoles. Make sure that fireplace dosent get to hot :D

The last pictures, thats Black Hawk Down? If thats BlueRay, does it look that extra amazing?

^^^^^ looks great xericx. I see you enjoy your vertical consoles. Make sure that fireplace dosent get to hot :D

The last pictures, thats Black Hawk Down? If thats BlueRay, does it look that extra amazing?

actually we never use it so the cold air from the outside comes in and sitting on the tile the consoles stay quite cool.

and yes black hawk down looks pretty spectacular on blu-ray, I heard its one of the best quality blu-rays currently out (it does look better than talladega nights which came with the system)

Wheew! Some of these setups make me very envious. Here's a semi-current picture of mysetup... What's not shown is the HTPC and bluetooth keyboard and mouse, Xbox add-on HD-DVD and external hard drive. I'll post updated pictures later.

entertainment%202.jpg

The mirror and candle are the g/f's additions... They match the couches :)

I guess Ill post some more, I like these threadz :p

Been pimpin' dead rising after borrowing it off my buddy, hella fun

00016109jk.jpg

00016230er.jpg

Monitor is a 20" LG L204WT

Heres some pictures of ps3 playback I found on AVS...

here are my pictures:

How do you like the screen? do you get any lag? is it 1080P? I been debating whether to go with a LCD, DLP, wait till LED DLP cheapen, or get a projector but the projector will only go up to 720P.

Back