Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

zero002021 said:
Here are some pictures of my game room, taken today:

Damn, that's the ideal setup for a Wii, so much room to sit and swing =P

mrmetal_53 said:
wow, that is scary. we have the same desk, same computer in the same spot (same case at least), and 360 in the same place :eek:

i just picked mine up. do you find you have heat problems when playing it for extended periods of time, since its in the confined space? the few times ive played mine, i just pull it out from the small space.

Sorry for the late post. I've had no problems at all. My 360 has been on for 24 hours straight (mainly because I forgot to turn it off one night leaving for work) with a game running and it didn't turn into a white pile off goo when I got back. :D

photo120206002zm8.jpg

photo120206001nr0.jpg

photo120206004rv7.jpg

Here's mine.....get's the job done for now, until I move into a bigger place.

Image00008.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Where I still do most of my gaming.

Image00005.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Staples said:
Took this picture before I got a PS3 but it still looks the same.

Looks nice! But I have to say it. Wire Management!

**Also bft1980 where did you get those speaker stands? I have the same speakers and use them with my 360 but right now I have them sitting on the back of the couch and one has already fell and the stand broke. I couldnt really find any decent ones but those look like they do quite nicely. Who makes them??

Blauman said:
**Also bft1980 where did you get those speaker stands? I have the same speakers and use them with my 360 but right now I have them sitting on the back of the couch and one has already fell and the stand broke. I couldnt really find any decent ones but those look like they do quite nicely. Who makes them??

Got them from Circuit City. They are made by OmniMount.

100_1530.jpg

Den: Gaming area 1
100_1531.jpg

DVD rack in the den
100_1534.jpg

two of four computers set up for games like Starcraft
100_1535.jpg

games
100_1536.jpg

Living Room: Gaming area 2 - two XBox systems(one modded and hooked to another TV brought out for parties), Sony 5.1 surround
100_1537.jpg

PC and G5 in my room for video editing
100_1538.jpg

Samsung 30" HDTV and the 360 - I love this TV and I'm hooked to the 360
100_1539.jpg

Game systems(Genesis/SegaCD/32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, TurboGrafx-16, PSX, PS2, Xbox, GB, GBA SP, DS, PSP)

I have all that crap crammed on the shelves and the TV on the dresser until I finish building my TV stand and A/V rack. I also have a Pioneer 5.1 receiver(VSX-710S) to set up once I get everything else done.
Too much work to do to get everything looking good, but it will be done one of these days...

KingSmoth said:
I have all that crap crammed on the shelves and the TV on the dresser until I finish building my TV stand and A/V rack. I also have a Pioneer 5.1 receiver(VSX-710S) to set up once I get everything else done.
Too much work to do to get everything looking good, but it will be done one of these days...

Man you have a lot of toys! I wish my wife would let get that much junk. :p

Here is my setup in my living room. It is basically a 42" plasma, 7.1 surround sound, and wicked amp and dvd player etc. Got it a couple of years back and cost me in total around £7500 (nearly £1000 just on the cables because the speaker cables had to reach the back of my room!)

Here are the full details if you want:
Fujitsu 42" PDS4229E
Denon AVR-3802
Denon DVD-3800
Xbox 360
REL Acoustics Subwoofer, 2 x Mission 773E, 1 x Mission 77C, 2 x Mission 77DS, 2 x Mission M72

You cant see the rear and side speakers in the pictures, sorry about that but I couldnt fit them in even when standing right at the back of my room.

HomeCinema1.jpg

HomeCinema2.jpg

Sital, that's really nice, I like it. It's got an elegent but warm feeling. If that makes any sense.

V99 said:
Damn, that's the ideal setup for a Wii, so much room to sit and swing =P
And even with all that room, my little brother still managed to whack my cousin in the head with the Wii Remote when playing Wii Sports. :p

Wow thanks for all those great comments guys. I only just finished decorating the room and moving all my home cinema in from my smaller room where it dominated the whole room and tbh didnt look that great.
I cant wait to see the faces of my friends and family when they see it :D

I might wall-mount the plasma depending on how much it would cost to run the wires through the wall. Do you think it is a good idea to wall-mount, or just keep it as it is?

It depends on the room and the setup, and in my opinion, I think the plasma TV is fine as it is. From the pictures it looks like the plasma is about eye level with the seating, which is perfect. If you were to wall-mount it and mount it higher than it currently is, people will have to look up higher and it'll get uncomfortable when watching tv for long periods of time. Trust me, a friend of mines brother bought a plasma tv, and he mounted it much higher than he should have. We would regularly hold Halo 2 LANs at his house, and after an hour of gaming my neck would hurt from having to look up so high.

Well... here is my little setup. The TV is going to be replaced with a Samsung 56" 1080p set after Christmas.

Setup001.jpg

Setup002.jpg

Setup003.jpg

Yes, that panda will kill you.

Setup005.jpg

Setup004.jpg

Setup006.jpg

The basement is also in the process of being re-done. Someday it will look nice. For now, it does the job.

Kinda OT, but I really think MS should have stuck with black for the 360 instead of white. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb with everybody's majority of black AV hardware. The black knight case looks pretty sweet, but the warranty is another thing to worry about.

Anyways, got tv stands and speaker stands the other day, going to try to get some pictures tommorrow. :)

edit:
DSC00003_1.JPG

bad quality pic I know. :x

Bad_Boy said:
Kinda OT, but I really think MS should have stuck with black for the 360 instead of white. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb with everybody's majority of black AV hardware. The black knight case looks pretty sweet, but the warranty is another thing to worry about.

Anyways, got tv stands and speaker stands the other day, going to try to get some pictures tommorrow. :)

edit:
DSC00003_1.JPG

bad quality pic I know. :x

Saw your pic on GAF. ;)

Yeah, that's my one gripe about the 360. It looks like a kitchen appliance. The PS3 just looks like it belong in a theater set-up.

btf1980 said:
Yeah, that's my one gripe about the 360. It looks like a kitchen appliance. The PS3 just looks like it belong in a theater set-up.

To each his own I guess. I'm not a fan of the PS3's design, while I love the Xbox 360's (I just wish it came in black).

hey btf1980,
What component rack is that and what rack is the tall one that holds your dvds? :p

I have my consoles and HTPC in a closet behind my TV. I don't hear a thing from my 360 and I have it modded so the fans are always at 12v. :cool:

Sony 32" HDTV. Waiting until after Christmas to upgrade to a 40" LCD. The damn 4:3 screen is killing me!!

tv.jpg

This is the closet behind the TV. It looks a little empty. I have already made room for the Wii and the PS2 I just got off the forum. The wireless works perfectly through the wall. No lag or anything. Its a beautiful thing. Yes that is a dreamcast, and yes I still play it!! :) The black box is my email/domain controller. The blue computer is my HTPC. It is a temporary home until I can get a decent HTPC case. For the consoles that aren't wireless, I just have an extension cable put through the vent in the wall; so cable length is no problem. Every home needs a walk in closet behind their entertainment centers!!.

closet.jpg

tpfaff said:
you bought viva pinata.......why

1UP: 9/10
IGN: 8.5
Gamespot: 8.3
GameSpy: 4.5/5 Stars - Editor's Choice
Game Informer: 8/10
EuroGamer: 8/10

Gamerankings

It obviously sucks because it's too cute for you? Is that it? :rolleyes:

The Law, thanks for the compliments! If you've ever played Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing or even The Sims, you might find something you like in Viva Pinata.

It's fun, sickeningly cute (which might have an effect on some people's manhood...), addictive and incredibly deep for a 'kids game' (I'd like to see a 'kid', the ones that would watch the cartoon) figure out the subtle nuances of this game (or ones with the desire to try and cross breed a Swan with a Pig ;).

For reference, I started Viva after completing Gears of War on Hardcore ;)

WalkedAirplane said:
http://www.geekfag.com/images/889374504fortrace.jpg

Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, Dreamcast and PS2 - on a 37" HDTV

Not perfect by any means, but I love it :)

Where did you get your TV stand? I like.

Haven't taken care of the cables yet, and have no real plan of how to fix it :(
The Setup:
IMG_0496.jpg

And GOW:
IMG_0494.jpg

thanks, me and my girl always watch those hgtv shows and get some good ideas. This was my design though ;)

Lots of sick setups here. Also seems like the Wii-60 is doing really well here.

To make myself look poor I'll post my college setup with xbox and xbox 360 on my 20 inch TV oh baby you all will be jealous.

Tigerblade said:
PS3 just landed! :D

Just downloaded NBA 07 and it looks awesome at 1080i, the pic really doesn't give it any justice but you can blame SE k800i for that. 3.2mp? Pfffft.

MP only matters if you're printing poster sized photos. In that case you'd want a 10 MP camera, but a 3.2mp camera is fine for taking pics like that one you took.

Just got a Sony Bravia 32" for 1080i gaming on the PS3/PC untill i get a 1080p tv next year sometime. Resistance looks beautiful on this TV. Just need another 360 now for christmas!;)
ps3s.jpg

thelead said:

Is freezing the frame like that a function of the TV? I would love to take a pic like that on my projector. Every pic i take suffers from blur from crap moving in the background.

Back