Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

Linked in the Home Theatre subforum
justabout.JPG

I've moved the Kinect sensor down to a table below the screen, and the ceiling is now red. Dance Central is a kick in the butt as is Forza going through the Onkyo 1200W 7.1 system, the projector is an Epson 8700UB

My-MartinLogan-HomeTheater-01.jpg

My-MartinLogan-HomeTheater-03.jpg

My-MartinLogan-HomeTheater-04.jpg

My-MartinLogan-HomeTheater-05.jpg

My-MartinLogan-HomeTheater-06.jpg

The equipment is in the sig.

Stuff on the A/V rack:
Lord of the Rings Platinum Series Special Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set Argonath, Gollum, and Minas Tirith sculptures
Domo
LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition bookends and Sackboy.
Killzone 3 Helghast Edition helmet and sniper figure
God of War 3 Ultimate Edition Pandora's box
Grand Theft Auto 4 Limited Edition lock box

The subs are DIYMA R12's run off a hidden 800 watt amp. 3cu ft text box ported to 30hz which needs to be redone to be more HT friendly.

Last edited:
|Tch0rT|, Nice audio! Just need a new TV!

Thanks but thou must not commit blasphemy against CRThulhu.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even LCD's may die.

:p ;)

Seriously though I like my old RP HD CRT. I'm not a big fan of any of the flat panel techs for video (movies and TV shows) use. I'd rather spend the money on getting a ISF CRT tech to calibrate it then buy a whole new flat panel TV and stand. The rich colors and inky blacks make up for the loss of sharpness vs an LCD (I look at it almost like CRT has built in AA LOL). CRT just feels more cinematic and theater like IMO. It's a dinosaur tech wise but it can throw out a nice image.

I do admit my LG 37LD450 LCD I use for a monitor looks pretty damn good for an LCD but if I where to replace the RP HD CRT I think I'd go 60"+ Plasma...

I'm actually a fairly hardcore PC gamer and havn't used consoles since my N64 back when i was a teenager. However recently I got a 1080p 3LCD projector, mostly to watch films and TV from my PC and have been doing that for about 4-5 months now.

Decided the other day that there was a handful of good titles I didn't really want to pass up on which I couldn't get on the PC, red dead redemption, heavy rain etc, so I grabbed a PS3 slim 320gb and wired it up to the projector, results below. Screen is approx.122" diagonally.

img0672js.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome, now.. get some art on those walls and some ground based ambient lighting and live like a king!

Same here, I love my 40" but I can't play games on it worth a lick. So I play Reach on my 23" acer monitor and tear shit up.

dang, the guy you quoted didn't even last a full week before being banned :(

Oh, well. I probably should post another pic sometime soon. I already have a xbox360S, and no more PS3 (dunno if I ever posted that on [H], though).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like Jabroni's setu-up, VERY cool looking. Can you recline those seats? I'm kind of a slob and end up playing laying down more and more :p

Nice setup, but not very good for having the ladies snuggle up with ya.

I'm married, not worried about that. That's what the bedroom is for

Domingo said:
I like Jabroni's setu-up, VERY cool looking. Can you recline those seats? I'm kind of a slob and end up playing laying down more and more :p

Yes, they are power recline so you can stop them at any position. Berkline 13175's in full leather.

You should get a few more subwoofers in there...you've got the room :D

this is my setup, don't play the Xbox much and only really use the TV and HTPC when I go to bed, I'll watch/listen to some science documentary to help me fall asleep.
htpc1.jpg

360.jpg

sorry for the poor photos due to the Ipad having a poor camera.
Equipment:
Xbox 360 w/ Kinect
PS3
Wii
Toshiba 47" LCD wall mounted with a monoprice wall mount
Yamaha RX-V371 receiver
JBL center channel
Yamaha 3 way fronts
Pioneer 8" sub x 2
8 1/2" 2 way monoprice in ceiling speakers for rears

Old Setup
IMG_0066.JPG

Wall mounted TV
IMG_0072.JPG

Opened up
IMG_0078.JPG

I think you should elevate those yamahas and bring them (and the center) to the front edge of your tv stand.

maintv2.jpg

bltv1.jpg

bltv2.jpg

All im missing is a good 7.1 HDMI surround sound. Does anyone have any reccomendations
that doesnt break the budget?

The roommate moved out and took the PS3 and couch. However, I got a new stand for the TV to clean things up and allow me to upgrade the TV when I get some money. Anyone want to donate to the "get drumr04 a 42" TV, PS3, and a couch" fund? :D

When the roommate moved out:
OldLRoom2.jpg

With the new TV Stand:
NewLRoom1.jpg

The roommate moved out and took the PS3 and couch. However, I got a new stand for the TV to clean things up and allow me to upgrade the TV when I get some money. Anyone want to donate to the "get drumr04 a 42" TV, PS3, and a couch" fund? :D

A little saving here and there and step by step you will have your cave. It took a little time
to get what i have and i started out with a tube tv with a piano bench as a stand lol and a Ps2.
To a 32" bravia. Then i got the 50" with new stand and new ps3 over a few years. It's evolution =o).

A little saving here and there and step by step you will have your cave. It took a little time to get what i have and i started out with a tube tv with a piano bench as a stand lol and a Ps2. To a 32" bravia. Then i got the 50" with new stand and new ps3 over a few years. It's evolution =o).

Yeah I hear ya. I will be ordering the couch within the next few days and hopefully I'll be able to get a new TV by Christmas time.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back