Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

DSCN2960.jpg

my modded 360 and wii. my tv sucks so I won't show the entire setup, lol. :p

My setup (Image quality not the best, taken with an iphone) This is before moving to my new house. Next step is to get a 1080p projector and fixed screen.

Pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Damn they look so cosy. TBH I hate my computer-table, I might just drag another one here tomorrow. And reorganize all-around. :mad:

Was playing FarCry2 last night and snapped a couple pics. Orange glow must be coming from the sconces, also hard to get a good pic with everything in motion...TV is a Samsung HL-S7178 DLP

FC2.jpg

Sammy.jpg

My setup (Image quality not the best, taken with an iphone) This is before moving to my new house. Next step is to get a 1080p projector and fixed screen.

pic3.jpg

That wallpaper on the laptop looks pretty cool. Did you make it?

The image, used as my laptops background, is zerg artwork from blizzard so no I didn't make it. There is a small sample of my artwork, on the bottom left of that pic, on the front of my sketchbook.

Which is why I responded. Typically a response comes after a question ... just for future reference.
Nice attitude BTW.
:confused:

I'm just saying he asked because he saw the sketchbook, and then thought maybe you made the wallpaper too. What the hell are you so upset about?

That wallpaper on the laptop looks pretty cool. Did you make it?

Whoa guys, all I asked if that Wallpaper on the *laptop* screen was created by him, *because* I saw a sketch in front of the three hole puncher/on top of the Graphics Tablet (I think that's what it is, I cant tell.).

I dont wanna hijack this, but i dont wanna start another thread.

Those of you with ps3's and 360's at your desk with your PC monitors... do you have switchers or something so that you dont manually have to reach back and unhook the PC then switch it to console? If you do have a switcher or w/e, can you post one?

Thanks

I dont wanna hijack this, but i dont wanna start another thread.

Those of you with ps3's and 360's at your desk with your PC monitors... do you have switchers or something so that you dont manually have to reach back and unhook the PC then switch it to console? If you do have a switcher or w/e, can you post one?

Thanks

Multiple inputs

My setup, I need to take a better picture, though it isn't all done yet either
Entertainment.jpg

Sony Bravia 52
Xbox 360 Arcade (HDMI)
Playstation 3 (HDMI)
Wii (Component)
HTPC w/ VMC (HDMI)
Cable/DVR Box (Component)

The receiver I have is really deep so doesn't fit atm, but we are either going to cut some of the back of the Entertainment Center or Maybe just get a different one, as ours is kind of dated anyway though still works well. I pretty much want to redo all the Audio but it will have to wait a bit.

Was playing FarCry2 last night and snapped a couple pics. Orange glow must be coming from the sconces, also hard to get a good pic with everything in motion...TV is a Samsung HL-S7178 DLP

Jima13, your setup is not too far off mine:D
ill post up mine shortly.

here is my setup...

mitsubishi 57inch dlp tv
yamaha 980 watt
Klipsh front, center, rear, and side speakers
JBL 12 inch 500 watt subwoofer
samsung blu-ray
watercooled 360

livingroom.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Man that 360 looks awesome! How much did it cost total? And one 120 rad cools the 360?! And did you put ram sinks?

Man that 360 looks awesome! How much did it cost total? And one 120 rad cools the 360?! And did you put ram sinks?

Thanx for the comments guys!
lian li case $120
2x Koolance vga block $29 each
Swiftech MCP350 pump $55

I had all the parts to a thermaltake watercooling kit i never used so that is were the 120mm fan and rad came from.

Yes that is ram sinks on the ram and main "chipset". They came with the vga blocks.
And they DO work. I have burned my finger testing if they are transfering heat.:D

The 2 waterblocks are designed to transfer 200 watts each... same as the rad (400w total). so it works great.

At first I was using the knob on the back to controll the rad fan... then I switched it to the same connection the rear fan is on so the 360 can controll the speed, only fast rpm when it needs it. works great!

I was looking at the Lian Li box before, but you know a bunch of ppl have it now. Gonna do my own mod on the 360.

I wish there was a window in that lian li xbox case so you can see the awesome work you did all the time

Very nice setup kookoo. I've been thinking about that LianLi case and XSPC block for my 360 if it ever RR's.

Good work!

:)

thanx :D

Thats the thing, i am on my 3rd 360... the first 2 RR. soooo, i did this as soon as i opened the 3rd box.

You should do yours before that happens... as soon as you get 3 rr.. its pritty much over.

I just looked up that block... never seen that before. Probably would have gotten that if i knew about it.

Whenever (if ever) I get a 360, I'm going to buy that stuff and send it to you to make me one like yours....k?
:D
Awesome.

LOL.. It takes time and LOTS of patience. but will be sooo rewarding once you are done:cool:
def do it on your own... make it your own.

From start to finish it took about 10 hours. not exactly straight thought, if it was.. prolly 8 or so.
Took my time to get it right the first time.
For some reason it was soooo much harder to build this setup then a watercooled PC LOL

10 hours, jeez. Did you like, pause to go cook a turkey or something?

http://www.afkrotch.com/Random_Pics/?d=/360 Modding

Watercooling didn't save mine. Don't know if it's actually the regular RROD issue or something else that broke. Did fine for a couple weeks, then blew up. I'm thinking maybe the ram killed itself, but I really have no idea. Might try a heatgun to see if it fixes. We'll find out when I heatgun my other box.

I'm going air on my other one. Not sure how well it will go. No one really seems to have bothered swapping out heatsinks. Only saw one guy who went with a pair of Noctua heatsinks. I selected the Scythe Scang heatsinks. I think it's L shape will help it fit better.

fyi, if you ever mod the 360, don't bother painting the inner casing. As soon as you put the mobo back in, it scratches the paint. Unless you want to try going with the whole few layers primer, paint, and clear coat. I went with $3 spray paint in an aerosol can. I also left the middle portion unpainted, as the ram on the bottom of the mobo uses the casing to dissipate heat.

10 hours, jeez. Did you like, pause to go cook a turkey or something?

The night did not go as i planned. my soldering iron crapped out on me in the middle of it all... take a trip to radio shack. once i get that all good... i realize the switch i got was the wrong one.. back to R.S. lol
I had lunch and din din during the build...
so from taking the 360 out of the box brand new, to powering it up in the new case.. yea 10 hours later.:D

Is that your 360?
Bad ass setup. At first i was thinking of doing it all contained in the factory case.. but then i was like... hmm dual 120mm fans. I just had to.
And i think the lian-li case is just sexay!

Ya, that's my old 360 setup. It still RROD'd. I don't think I gave it enough cooling. I saw someone else's self contained 360 using a single 80mm rad. Not sure if that's the actual problem with it though.

Anyways, going to modify a case to fit the 360.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...cription=LIAN LI PC-V800B Black Computer Case

What I went with. Going to solder on a PC Power and Cooling 370w PSU to it, instead of using the external brick. Need to figure out how to solder the power button onto the case's power button and the dvd-rom eject to the reset button. Ordered up a bunch of shrink wrap and wires from FrozenCPU. Easier then trying to find it around Germany. They don't have a nice little R.S.

Got some plans for the case.

Also got an empty 60 gig PS3 case on the way too. Need to figure out how to mod that.

Ya, that's my old 360 setup. It still RROD'd. I don't think I gave it enough cooling. I saw someone else's self contained 360 using a single 80mm rad. Not sure if that's the actual problem with it though.

Anyways, going to modify a case to fit the 360.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...cription=LIAN LI PC-V800B Black Computer Case

What I went with. Going to solder on a PC Power and Cooling 370w PSU to it, instead of using the external brick. Need to figure out how to solder the power button onto the case's power button and the dvd-rom eject to the reset button. Ordered up a bunch of shrink wrap and wires from FrozenCPU. Easier then trying to find it around Germany. They don't have a nice little R.S.

Got some plans for the case.

Also got an empty 60 gig PS3 case on the way too. Need to figure out how to mod that.

that could def be a nice 360 setup... plenty of room for all kinds of stuff. going to take some time tho.. GL and keep us updated on it:D

Back