Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

you have a 42" in your dorm room?

i was going to bring my sharp to WSU next year but everyone said it would get ruined and my parents said i couldn't. of course i can bring my computer though, even though it cost more than my tv. :confused:

WSU = Washington State University?

absolutely.

ButchdogL.jpg

GO COUGS!

WOOT! After patiently searching for almost 2 months, I finally got the Wii.

Well sort of. I have the voucher but in about 2 hrs. I'm heading over to my Circuit City and getting one. :)

This is going to be a great addition to my new 24" monitor. :D

Well I just stumbled across this thread so I figured I'd share my setup with everyone.

equipment stand:
100_2792.jpg

Xbox 360 with HD DVD player
20 gb PS3
Wii
5x1 HDMI switch
Analog RCA switch
Directv HD reciever
ethernet switch
Onkyo 100 watts x6 channel HT reciever with 6.1 speaker package
Sony HDMI upconvert DVD player
2x1 coaxial digital audio switch
and an N64 under the TV for old skool
^thats all in no particular order:p

full setup:
100_2793.jpg

The only thing that is different is the 8" 150 watt sub to the right has been replaced with a JBL SUB12 12" 300 watt sub.:D Also, the tv is a Philips 50" DLP 720P HDTV.

It looks crammed I know, since I live in my parents attic, but they will be moving out soon and the house will be mine.:)

I know this has been days but how does that JBL12" sound? I almost bought one but I wasn't sure how it was compared to the Athena 12" AS-P6000. I ended up buying the Athena and love it, but I've wondered about the JBL.

that view angle on the tv makes it just dim enough for me to not be able to process it.

for the longest time, I was thinking that was a reflection of the person taking the picture. and I kept thinking to myself, WOW this guy has an uncanny resemblence to David Spade. LOL.

I know this has been days but how does that JBL12" sound? I almost bought one but I wasn't sure how it was compared to the Athena 12" AS-P6000. I ended up buying the Athena and love it, but I've wondered about the JBL.

Well I dont know how it compares to the Athena, but I think its one of my best audio purchases I've made, aside from the H/K stereo receiver and the Sony SS-B1000 bookshelf speakers. That sub blows away the "stock" Onkyo one and I love it. I'm sure you probably didnt go wrong with the Athena, they both probably sound amazing. The JBL is nice and tight, but can be big and boomy if you want it to.

that view angle on the tv makes it just dim enough for me to not be able to process it.

for the longest time, I was thinking that was a reflection of the person taking the picture. and I kept thinking to myself, WOW this guy has an uncanny resemblence to David Spade. LOL.

Lol, I never thought someone would say that. I love that show Just Shoot Me though.:D

I did however get into my house that I was talking about, so here are some pics of my new setup, not sure if I posted them in here already or not.

Computer desk:
100_4598.jpg

Whole setup from couch view:
The JBL sub is under the lava lamp on the left
100_5756.jpg

A/V tower:
100_5758.jpg

And just for shits and giggles, my newest toy! A 1/5th scale petrol R/C monster truck next to 2 of my 1/18th scale model cars:
100_5684.jpg

Addition to my setup, my TV show on DVD collection

Picture.jpg

Off topic a bit, but I felt I needed to offer a rebuttal to Nahid's movie collection by showing my TV show on DVD collection

24 Seasons 1-2
The 4400 Seasons 1-3, don't have boxes to 1&2, go them as a gift from my sister
Alias Seasons 1-5
American Dad Seasons 1-2
Angel Seasons 1-5
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Seasons 1-4
The Boondocks Season 1
Boy Meets World Seasons 1-2
Broken Saints Mini-series
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7
Chappelle's Show Season 2
The Crow: Stairway to Heaven Complete Series
Da Ali G Show Seasons 1-2
Dark Angel Seasons 1-2
Drawn Together Season 1
Family Guy Seasons 1-6 (1 and 2 in first box set)
Firefly The Complete Series
Futurama Seasons 1-4
G.I. Joe A Real American Hero
Happy Tree Friends Overkill Volumes 1-3 set
Harvey Birdman Season 2
Law and Order Seasons 1-2
Mind of Mencia Season 1
The Muppet Show Season 1
Pimp My Ride Season 1
Prison Break Season 1
Rescue Me Seasons 1-3
Robot Chicken Season 1
The Shield Seasons 1-5
The Simpsons Seasons 1-5, 7-8
The Sopranos Seasons 1-5
South Park Seasons 1,3,6
Spawn, The Ultimate Collection
Spongebob Season 2
Viva La Bam Seasons 1-3
The Wire Season 1

Altogether 108 Discs of Animated stuff and 239 Discs of Live action

WOOT! After patiently searching for almost 2 months, I finally got the Wii.

Well sort of. I have the voucher but in about 2 hrs. I'm heading over to my Circuit City and getting one. :)

This is going to be a great addition to my new 24" monitor. :D

You must have never heard about wiialerts.com

I waited for about a week when I decided I was going to get on. Ordered it about 2 weeks before Christmas and got it a few days later.

=)

Boredom this weekend == taking back over my den area + total desk rewire :)
laptop->DVI2HDMI->westinghouse
xbox 360->VGA->westinghouse
ps2->component->westinghouse
gamecube->svideo->westinghouse

Geez I love this monitor

IMGP1831.jpg

You must have never heard about wiialerts.com

I waited for about a week when I decided I was going to get on. Ordered it about 2 weeks before Christmas and got it a few days later.

=)

No. I have been using WiiAlerts and another notification website for the past 2 months. Heck, today I got 5 emails regarding Sears having the Wii's in stock but when I clicked on the email like 2 minutes later it was sold out.

TBH, they are way too slow in their alert system.

For those that do want a Wii. Check every Saturday night (1AM MT to be exact) on Target.com / BestBuy.com / CircuitCity.com for their weekly ads. If the Wii is located or is on one of the pages, it's 99.9% certain it'll be on shelves Sunday morning. CircuitCity and Best Buy don't open until 10AM but you have to be in line around 6AM. They only hand out vouchers, so don't expect to be standing in line around 10AM. You're not going to get anything.

Back on topic, I'm will post some pictures of my setup later this week. Stupid college homework. :p

Here's my humble setup in me and the girl's one bedroom apt.

I'm trying to get the woman to get rid of this TV cabinet...I want a sleek stand like I got for the bedroom (I'll post that pic last)

360 w/ HD-DVD
Wii
PS3

In the doors is where all the games/movies are. The old school all in one stereo isn't even plugged in (was her's, but we don't bother with it..)
dscf4287copybu3.jpg

And here's the stand I would like to have put in the living room (but she won't let me as she bought this furniture and loves it), ugh, so it goes in the bedroom! This pic was as soon as I got it done w/out anything hooked up (And this stand, was only $49.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

dscf0252copyhc4.jpg

BrinNutz, Where you get that tv stand from? I have always wanted one like that, but can never find them.:D

BrinNutz, Where you get that tv stand from? I have always wanted one like that, but can never find them.:D

It was on clearance @ Target for $49.99 a few weeks ago!!

Probably all gone, you'd have to scour the shelves for one..I'll see if I can find a product number for you..

Edit:

The sku# is 249100031. The receipt just says Flat Panel. The measurements are 44'w x 22'd x 56'h. The model# is PRO2244BGB

It was on clearance @ Target for $49.99 a few weeks ago!!

Probably all gone, you'd have to scour the shelves for one..I'll see if I can find a product number for you..

Edit:

The sku# is 249100031. The receipt just says Flat Panel. The measurements are 44'w x 22'd x 56'h. The model# is PRO2244BGB

Thank you very much! I hope they still have it for 50 bucks somehwere! Lol:D

How is the vizio?
It's alright..but compared to my Toshiba, it sucks, LOL

The black level on the Vizio aren't great (though I have to calibrate it again since I moved it into the bedroom...

But they aren't too awful once you calibrate them..
(I didn't buy the Vizio, the woman did without asking me) My same size Toshiba Regza with built in upconverting DVD cost less then hers and looks amazing. Though, it should cost $400 more than hers..hehe

Just recently moved to my new APT. 46'' Sharp Aquos. This a picture from xmas, but I have re-arranged lots of stuff, I'll try to take a more updated picture... My huge tower to the bottom left, showing dad all the mind boggling things that can be done with portal.

l_0424121e32700d8fd663a8a3c22bced5.jpg

Thats my dads lap top... which I crashed on x-mas day. Vista is such crap haha

My Nintendo Wii on my 65" DLP TV ( Don't have HD cables yet )
The Wii is hiding over to the right. Nice thing is that you don't need line of sight for the console unit. Just for the IR bar!

2260127615_f10447cb79_o.jpg

My Dell D620 for comparisson!
2260127621_bd3d18b60c_o.jpg

My Nintendo Wii on my 65" DLP TV ( Don't have HD cables yet )
The Wii is hiding over to the right. Nice thing is that you don't need line of sight for the console unit. Just for the IR bar!

2260127615_f10447cb79_o.jpg

My Dell D620 for comparisson!
2260127621_bd3d18b60c_o.jpg

Wow what model have you got, mines a 65' Mitsi Diamond.

Heres my setup. Its a 42 inch Philips 1080p. the 360, wii, and soon to be ps3 when i can afford it :) the stand next to it is for my sennheiser wireless headphones. i use them at night so i dont keep everyone up in the house.
l_3586ad162c74d33167d60a64b31bb802.jpg

l_7218817e50d15ecfd343cf07912b31d2.jpg

l_dbf7c676cbdabba4bfe6d6f3d0cc5937.jpg

Wow alot of nice setups. I currently have my 360 hooked to my comp monitor. Just have to hit a button to switch between comp and xbox. Monitor is hd so works great.

wow i got the red rings of death today on my xbox... they said they would send me a box which will take 5 days, and then another 3 weeks of repairs. i thought i was one of the few lucky ones with a working 360 :(

wow i got the red rings of death today on my xbox... they said they would send me a box which will take 5 days, and then another 3 weeks of repairs. i thought i was one of the few lucky ones with a working 360 :(

I've gotten the red rings 3 times...:(

LOL

n00bie, 3.1 years.

That right there made me laugh..

That's what I like to see Baker! Another gamer with a Dreamcast in their entertainment center :)

That's what I like to see Baker! Another gamer with a Dreamcast in their entertainment center :)

Yes, my DC gets used about as much as any of my current consoles...

dc01wp0.png

It gets used mostly for just this game alone. (One of few that have a legit copy :D )

dc02ib4.png

I'm going to have a new set up within this next week. I'll take pics and post them. I've seen some pretty damn nice set ups.

Back