Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

You win. Lock the thread.

Seriously, you have any pictures with a game or movie running on that screen?
As I posted in a previous reply, we just splurged on a new 1080p Mitsubishi proj. Below are the pics I promised I'd take using our 720p Sony HS10. Sorry for the grainy picture quality; my digicam doesn't work so well in the dark.

wii01.jpg

wii02.jpg

300.jpg

^^ Very nice setup you have there. Just goes to show that you dont need to spend countless thousands to get a great theater room. Also 300 IMO is awesome on the big screen with great audio. I like it as a reference for video and sound quality.

I'll take some playing Wii tomorrow. I'll take another with a movie playing too.

Cost: roughly 2k for the proj, 2k for amps, couple hundred for the PC (which died half a year ago...which is why it's sporting a quadcore and an 8800gtx -- the HTPC doubles as my bro's main computer), couple hundred for DIY drivers and misc materials like MDF board for speaker enclosures. The screen we also made ourselves. I'd estimate the total to be 5 - 6000.

Our projector was one of the first generation. We plan on replacing it once the bulb starts getting dim. Bulbs cost like 400 bucks, and we just replaced it about 1000 hours ago (bulb hours). It's only 720p/1080i.

EDIT: Bro just ordered a new projector from Mitsubishi that's 1080p. ;) Pics still to come with a movie and game on it (using the old Sony HS10 that's hooked up right now).

Nice setup, you win . you mention you assembled the baffles for your drivers. Did you put together the passive crossover as well or did you follow an existing design. Is the lens stock on the projector? sorry for the questions

Nice setup, you win . you mention you assembled the baffles for your drivers. Did you put together the passive crossover as well or did you follow an existing design. Is the lens stock on the projector? sorry for the questions

The lens is stock except for a color filter. About the crossovers, yes we did make them ourselves. As for the speakers, we built the entire enclosure. Baffles are just foam inserts that go over the speaker to protect them from moisture. If there are any more questions, I'll be glad to answer them. :cool:

Bravo on the workmanship on those baffles. I'm green with envy on your setup overall

Pretty nice setup Hark, taking the time to do it right definitely makes good gear worth it! I just moved in December, guys, so the walls are still naked..

My gear...
-Samsung 4254 42" Plasma 720p display
-Onkyo TX-SR805 Receiver
-Xbox 360 Elite over HDMI @ Native res
-Sony 400 Disc CD Changer
-Comcast High Def DVR
-PS2
-Bowers & Wilkins 602 S3 Main speakers
-JBL PB-10 Subwoofer
-Harmony 360 Remote
-Monoprice HDMI, Optical, Coax cables
-Monster Z1 speaker cables I got for a song, looking to upgrade to bi-wires

I plan to get a center + surrounds to complete the 5.1 setup soon... This is my first 5.1 receiver, and i've had it only about 3 weeks... Seriously doubt i'll be able to bring it up to a good reference level in the apt even though I only have one unit that joins up to mine at all.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Media in the cabinet, game controllers, guitars, remotes for everything, massage pillow, manuals inside the black ottoman on the right.
IMG_0233.jpg

Time to fill this bitch up...
IMG_0234.jpg

Not to brag or anything but I'm (hopefully) getting my Wii tomorrow at Best Buy. Gonna come early, around 9AM-ish, before the store opens.

Wish me luck. ;)

Not to brag or anything but I'm (hopefully) getting my Wii tomorrow at Best Buy. Gonna come early, around 9AM-ish, before the store opens.

Wish me luck. ;)

Wanna make it even easier?

Go to wiialerts.com and have them send you a txt message when they're in stock. Just hope you're in front of a computer when you get the txt...Otherwise you probably won't get one. I had no problem getting mine within a week of signing up. (I got mine 2 weeks before Christmas).

BTW, at what point were you bragging, have you not been looking at these pics lately? Now that's bragging...Hark...LOL

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I tried wiitracker and what not but haven't tried that txt message feature.

Oh, I went in early (about an hour to be exact) along with some 25 other people and we all found out the Wii was not coming. Heck, the woman was saying that they weren't getting a shipment for a while. Freakin A. :mad:The Best Buy person I was talking to yesterday said they had a shipment coming early today.

Guess I will have to try again some other time. :(

I also tried Circuit City. Basically the same response. :(

I had a Wii but sold it because I never played it.

18 yrs old, not worried about the wires because I go to college in August and thus have to move everything anyway (except the Sharp :(

2173434358_52a27f31a2_o.jpg

2173433924_8844bc47cb_o.jpg

panoramicviewgz5.jpg

Heres a quick photoshop (very sloppy) of a panoramic view of my setup. My brother and my friend are there playing. Its a 60" Vizio with COD4 on it atm.

I had a Wii but sold it because I never played it.

18 yrs old, not worried about the wires because I go to college in August and thus have to move everything anyway (except the Sharp :(

2173433924_8844bc47cb_o.jpg

Heh, glad to see I'm not the only one to alphabetize the Tom Clancy games in the T's instead of by Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon. :p

More gaming goodness: Soldner X Himmelssturmer

EDIT: Again, pics are grainy due to my digi cam. However, these were taken on our new 1080p proj. ;)

soldnerx01.jpg

soldnerx02.jpg

Heh, glad to see I'm not the only one to alphabetize the Tom Clancy games in the T's instead of by Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon. :p

He has it alphabetized by Rainbow and then Splinter, not by Tom Clancy. If he did, technically The Orange Box would be right in front of Rainbox Six.

And WTF is Oblivion doing over by the Gs? ;)

He has it alphabetized by Rainbow and then Splinter, not by Tom Clancy. If he did, technically The Orange Box would be right in front of Rainbox Six.

And WTF is Oblivion doing over by the Gs? ;)

I didn't consider "The" as part of the title when I alphabetized it. I did, however, consider "Tom" and "Elder".

Nothing spectacular here. I got a new Samsung LN-T3753H, swapped a 360 for a PS3 and hooked up my $130 Z-5500's from the ZZF deal. I also swapped the 360 Harmony for a Harmony 550 (not pictured) and hooked up a old Dell computer a coworker gave to me.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Thats a beautiful setup, i think i just cried. Lol but is that the 120hz model, and how are the speakers? And also its all about the ps3!

Thats a beautiful setup, i think i just cried. Lol but is that the 120hz model, and how are the speakers? And also its all about the ps3!

Thanks. No, my Samsung isn't the 120hz version. I'm really happy with it though. I'm at my desk much less now for browsing being that I can be on my couch using the new TV to surf. The speakers are good, especially for $130! I had my Z-680's as surround sound before but got the Z-5500 a couple months ago. They look a lot better than the Z-680's but sound-wise, they're pretty much the same. Right now, I don't want a receiver/floor standing speakers/surrounds because our living room isn't very big and my wife likes being able to hide everything in the armoire. What kind of sucked when I bought my 37" Samsung was that the 40" version of it is the exact same price point. The 40" wouldn't fit in the armoire though and the 37" barely fits, with about 1/5th of an inch on each side. I'm a little bummed about giving up the 360 for the PS3 but then I watch a Blu-Ray movie and it makes me feel better.

Lol everything looks good together. And ya that looks like a tight fit, and go get cod4 and unreal if you wanna game, my psn name is MoMurda04. Add me if you want.

what are you gonna do with the 360 harmony remote? I'll take it off your hands, if you are interested.

Okay, how does one manage a setup of a LCD monitor, PC, and a 360?

I know you need the VGA cable for the 360, but do you use one of the little boxes, or a Y-Splitter, or what not?

I've been trying to search the internets on the alternatives from using a little box, but no information seems to be present from my eyes...

I'd just love to get my 360 out of the living room and into "my" room, since I don't spend any time out there.

Okay, how does one manage a setup of a LCD monitor, PC, and a 360?

I know you need the VGA cable for the 360, but do you use one of the little boxes, or a Y-Splitter, or what not?

I've been trying to search the internets on the alternatives from using a little box, but no information seems to be present from my eyes...

I'd just love to get my 360 out of the living room and into "my" room, since I don't spend any time out there.

Usually you are using different inputs on the back of the TV. The 360 for instance could VGA, Component or HDMI (if you have the newer ones). Then the PC could hook up to an HDMI port if the video card has DVI, you just use a DVI-HDMI changer and you are all set. Most modern TV's have plenty of inputs so you usually dont need to use anything like a splitter on them.

I've just got a regular 19" LCD monitor. I'm trying to get the 360 out of the living room because it's a 27" tube, and I've been reading good things about using monitors for gaming screens (depending on the screen, that is).

The video card has dual DVI, my 360 has HDMI, and the monitor has VGA.

The video card (hopefully) will have the DVI-VGA adapter, but I figured on getting the VGA cable for the 360, but wasn't sure on how to manage using the monitor for both the PC and 360, on whether getting a splitter/y-cable would be alright (on lead to PC, on to 360), or if there was something else I'd have to use.

I've just got a regular 19" LCD monitor. I'm trying to get the 360 out of the living room because it's a 27" tube, and I've been reading good things about using monitors for gaming screens (depending on the screen, that is).

The video card has dual DVI, my 360 has HDMI, and the monitor has VGA.

The video card (hopefully) will have the DVI-VGA adapter, but I figured on getting the VGA cable for the 360, but wasn't sure on how to manage using the monitor for both the PC and 360, on whether getting a splitter/y-cable would be alright (on lead to PC, on to 360), or if there was something else I'd have to use.

So your LCD has only a single VGA input, which is being used for your computer input? If that's the case, you'd have to get a splitter, which I wouldn't recommend for best image quality, to be able to hook up both your computer and 360. Another option would be to unhook whatever you aren't using every time you want to go on the computer or play your 360. That wouldn't be very convenient though.

*sigh* oh well, maybe I'll see about one of those little boxes if it gets annoying enough. I don't remember where I saw that for, but there was a little box that switched between the two for about $60... I'll go find the linkey.

*edit* Found link: http://www.x2vga.com/product

Worth it? I guess I wouldn't even need to grab the Microsoft VGA cable.

I am rocking the Xbox360, PS3, Wii, and my PC rig on my XHD3000. PC is under desk. Sometimes I use my older 19" Samsung CRT in case I get really competitive. I am using Creative speakers for a 5.1 setup with my PC. For the consoles I just use the XHD3000's speaker bar which is good quality considering.

You can notice the very bad bend in my desk. Very shitty desk, I need to upgrade.

100_0374.jpg

100_0381.jpg

100_0384.jpg

I am rocking the newest gen. PC is under desk. My main display is the XHD3000 but I sometimes use my older 19" Samsung CRT in case I get really competitive. I am using Creative speakers for a 5.1 setup.

You can notice the very bad bend in my desk, about to give away any day! Knock on wood!

100_0374.jpg

100_0379.jpg

100_0384.jpg

Links aren't working for me.

you have a 42" in your dorm room?

i was going to bring my sharp to WSU next year but everyone said it would get ruined and my parents said i couldn't. of course i can bring my computer though, even though it cost more than my tv. :confused:

img_1351968.jpg

My dorm room.

That 360 seems awful tough to get to. Do you not swtich games often? Is it there because you have no space, or because it drowns the sound of the dvd drive?

When I was in the dorms 12 years ago, all I had was a 20" TV with Nintendo. That setup would've been sweet for college. Aren't you scared of thieves?

That 360 seems awful tough to get to. Do you not swtich games often? Is it there because you have no space, or because it drowns the sound of the dvd drive?
A bit of both. I couldn't think of a better place to put it, so that's fine. It's not terribly difficult to get to, though.
When I was in the dorms 12 years ago, all I had was a 20" TV with Nintendo. That setup would've been sweet for college. Aren't you scared of thieves?
It is pretty sweet, thanks! I love hosting movie nights for all my friends and their friends and my roommate.

Surprisingly, I haven't had a single thing stolen since I've been at college.

Back