Post Pictures of your Console Setups! All Generations

^ Thats an awesome setup, i like the TV. I just hope your systems have some air.:eek:

Thanks,
I had to take a large portion of the back out of the stand so the 360/PS3 could breath on that side and I usually leave the door open if I'm going to play awhile. And I try to not have them both on at the same time if I can help it.;)

Piss poor lighting, couldn't seem to take a good shot, but I was in a hurry. Also, can't get my image shack to not post a thumb. I'll get it figured eventually

Edit: got it.
I'll repost the pic when I get it resized, and retaken. Good lord that picture sucked.

Updated picture to go along with the others I posted earlier:

http://www.****************************/workstation_06_4b.jpg

I had to put the 37" in the bedroom and move the 42" to the office because the 42" was too big for the wall in the bedroom.

Updated picture to go along with the others I posted earlier:

http://www.****************************/workstation_06_4b.jpg

I had to put the 37" in the bedroom and move the 42" to the office because the 42" was too big for the wall in the bedroom.

That is a beautiful Westy that you have there. I do have a question for you about your experience with Westinghouse TV's. I was at Circuit City doing some preliminary research for a new TV. When I asked the associate his opinion about Westinghouse TV's he said that they get high maks for their low price but that their picture tends to look washed out. He, of course, recommended a Toshiba, LG, or Panasonic. How would you rate the picture and color quality of the Westinghouse?

My setup pales in comparison to everyone else on here. :(

954020489_eb588c3e7f_o.jpg

I'll be the first to admit that mine isn't all that impressive looking, but I love cranking it!

Looks fine to me. Plus you're a smart of enough gamer to have a Dreamcast sitting on the shelf.

With the VGA cable I might add. Rez, Ikaruga, Shikigami No Shiro, Shenmue, and Sonic Adventure's 1 and 2 look great in 640x480. :D

That is a beautiful Westy that you have there. I do have a question for you about your experience with Westinghouse TV's. I was at Circuit City doing some preliminary research for a new TV. When I asked the associate his opinion about Westinghouse TV's he said that they get high maks for their low price but that their picture tends to look washed out. He, of course, recommended a Toshiba, LG, or Panasonic. How would you rate the picture and color quality of the Westinghouse?

I have a 37" Westy and this 42" and they look phenomenal. There are threads in the Displays forum dedicated to them (great place for research). For the price, you ust can't beat them, you really can't.

The HDMI looks great, the Component inputs look great, the only picture that looks a bit too bright on mine is the VGA input. I'll take a screenshot with a side by side image of the same game on the 360s for you if you'd like.

CC guy was bullshitting you in order to get you to purchase a more expensive TV. Westinghouse TVs are pretty astounding when it comes to picture quality.

I have a 37" Westy and this 42" and they look phenomenal. There are threads in the Displays forum dedicated to them (great place for research). For the price, you ust can't beat them, you really can't.

The HDMI looks great, the Component inputs look great, the only picture that looks a bit too bright on mine is the VGA input. I'll take a screenshot with a side by side image of the same game on the 360s for you if you'd like.

That would be great, I really appreciate it. Those are the two sizes I am looking at, it all depends on my budget. :D

CC guy was bullshitting you in order to get you to purchase a more expensive TV. Westinghouse TVs are pretty astounding when it comes to picture quality.

Both CC and BB will do this. They downplay the non-name brand products to achieve higher margin sales. It's horseshit.

Both CC and BB will do this. They downplay the non-name brand products to achieve higher margin sales. It's horseshit.

Actually, a lot of the non-brand name products give HIGHER margin sales.
BB has no reason to do it. They do not run on commission.

Doesn't CC still pay commission to employees too?

No they don't, not at all. The last round of layoffs was because people made too much hourly. CC now has the lowest wage cap of any electronic retailer (that I'm personally aware of)

Actually, a lot of the non-brand name products give HIGHER margin sales.
BB has no reason to do it. They do not run on commission.

True, depending on the item, but they run their reports on gross sales, so they want to get the highest ticket item out the door, hence why they act in this manner (I worked there, it's how they do it)

Besides who do you think is renting all those fancy display spaces? When is the last time you saw a Westinghouse display in their store? It's always Pioneer, or Bose, or Samsung... etc.

updatedsetup.jpg

My all in-one setup on my self built custom made desk :D

*note*

I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get a PS3. I'm already working on getting a stand built to get my tower up off the floor and away from the side of the desk so it can breathe better and collect less dust. I figure if I work at it I should be able to work up something that can do that and give me a new place to put my 360 and the as yet un-purchased PS3.

Its a horrible bad mess right now, don't make fun:p I live with 2 other guys so keeping all my shit really clean isn't always easy!

I haven't gotten a picture yet. Will do later. But I can give a description.

My PS3 is sitting in my kitchen connected to a 20" LCD TV. So I have some games or movies to watch while cooking.

My Xbox 360 is sitting in a bedroom. It's all plugged in, but not connected to a TV or display. I normally have it attached to a 19" Widescreen LCD monitor.

My other bedroom has 3 computers, with a couple 19" Widscreen LCD monitors, 17" LCD monitor, and 22" Widescreen LCD monitor.

No internet connectivity for all devices, minus one computer. Stupid German ISP uses jacked up PPPOE, so I can't use a standard store bought router (have a wired Dlink Gaming router). I have to go back to T-Mobile to pay $130 for their stupid router. Probably just hang one connection off of it and connect everything to my

Hey guys, I've been lurking these forums looking at various HDTV and gaming setups and many of them look pretty sweet, and I've also checked out the PC setup thread and you guys are ballin'.

Pretty much everything in this picture I've only bought in early to late 2007.

HDTV: Samsung LNS 4095D - 40 inch LCD

Gaming Consoles:
Playstation 2 - 39000 series (the FAT old model)
Playstation 3 - recently upgraded the HDD to 160 GB from the regular 60 GB, it was a very easy process, just follow the many online guides of how to do it.
Nintendo Wii - only 2 games for it, heh.
(Not pictured) - Nintendo DS

Media:

Panasonic 1080p Upconverting DVD player - S53
(Not pictured) Sennheiser 555 headphones

I don't have a sound system with this setup, unfortunately, simply because family doesn't like all the noise.

Without further adieu, I'll post my setup.

Samsung4095PS3-PS2-WiiAugust12007.jpg

Samsung4095WiiPS2setupJuly23Pic5-1.jpg

Samsung4095WiiPS2setupJuly23Pic13CO.jpg

Samsung4095WiiPS2setupJuly23Pic17Ma.jpg

This shot with the pictureless HDTV was to show a revamped wire management, as I hate wires and use twist ties as much as possible.

SamsungWireManagementVersion2Front.jpg

And this was just for the hell of it (me getting Gears of War was a long story since you don't see a 360 there)

YOUAREDOINGITALLWRONG.jpg

My apologies for such a shakey camera and blurry/ oversaturated pictures, I'll get a tripod soon enough.

Just moved into my new house.. so thought I would post pics of my updated setup

TV is sony kds-60a2000, 60 inch SXRD
Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins 685s and HTM62 Center channel running from Onkyo TX-SR804

(Center channel will be above TV when finished, for some reason the shelf that goes there was backordered when I bought that piece of furniture)

everything closed:
DSC00770.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

My chair:
DSC00768.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

Couple of office area with 2x 2005fpws:
DSC00766.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

PS3 On lower right:
DSC00763.jpg

Xbox 360 premium and HD Drive with HTPC:
DSC00761.jpg

Here's my desktop, but its been the same for ages now.

Clicky for bigger piccy!

one more and he could do that crazy PGR setup O_O!? ( I think it was PGR..w/e)

My new setup...I posted my other one like on the 2nd or 3rd page, but I have completely rearranged.

And I will give ya a cookie if you guess all the crap on my desk... :rolleyes:

(Click for full-size)

Back