Post Pics of your chair

I thought I might revive this thread. I'll be getting my new steelcase leap chair later this week. Woot!

I'm glad you revived this thread as I have been dabbling in the area of these so-called "ergonomic" chairs lately. So far I've bought and returned a Steelcase Think, Allsteel Acuity and an Aeron because they all fucking blew ass compared to this old'n'busted Best Buy $150 special. Seriously, I've tried three of the best reviewed, most talked about, most hyped and most expensive chairs available and I absolutely hated every single one of them. They've all been beaten out by a 5 year old chair with two broken armrests, a flattened and worn out seat cushion and a simple, squeaky recline.

I've spent the last month or so researching, trying and buying these chairs. Not one person on the entire internet had one bad word to say about these chairs. They feel nice and comfortable when you sit on them in a showroom, but its COMPLETELY different to actually set them down at home and spend more than 5 or 10 minutes sitting at your desk, fiddling with adjustments and comparing directly to your old chair rather than simply trying to remember how it feels. The Steelcase Think was the most uncomfortable piece of shit I've ever sat on. I'd rather stand than sit on that fucking thing. The others were tolerable, but still caused me pain and grief in other ways.

I implore anyone who gets caught up in this shit like I did: do not let the good reviews of these chairs persuade you. There is only one way to know if you'll like them, and its to really sit on them and use them for an extended period of time. I've never experienced anything like this in my life, where I disagreed so thoroughly and utterly with the popular opinion on a consumer product. You may find exactly the same thing.

I needed to rant. I've spent over $2000 on chairs and now get to eat some restocking fees returning them. And I have nothing to show for it but this squeaky worn out POS. Goddamnit.

My (new) Steelcase Leap Chair -- got it on eBay for $479 shipped.

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

My (new) Steelcase Leap Chair -- got it on eBay for $479 shipped.

How do you like it? I am looking at getting a new chair and thinking about either a leap or an Ergohuman.

How is the recline in the leap? can you recline and remain working/gaming? Or does it pretty much send you all the way back when you lean back? I've also heard that the padding in the seat is uncomfortably hard... true?

holy old thread batman.

aeron chair is the most confortable office chair i have ever had the pleasure of resting my butt in, nothing else even comes close imo.

holy old thread batman.

aeron chair is the most confortable office chair i have ever had the pleasure of resting my butt in, nothing else even comes close imo.

Agreed. The Herman Miller Equa I currently have isn't too shabby though. :D

Back