Post Pics of your chair

Do you think Heavy Metal could take on your chair in a battle to death? I still want to see that thing destroy some stuff. Or maybe scare a cat. Perhaps an old lady? :D

I like those 400$ chairs that a few of you showed off. A bit to expensive for my budget thou. I have paint stains on mine, due to my un careful model kit painting. This chair has been through alot.
cahir.JPG

DudeItsMe said:
Do you think Heavy Metal could take on your chair in a battle to death? I still want to see that thing destroy some stuff. Or maybe scare a cat. Perhaps an old lady? :D

Earlier this year I was asked to do a demonstration at the local high school for their engineering and comp sci classes. I spent a good part of the day tearing heavy metal around the school and terrifying students and teachers. It was a blast. The kids seem to get a big kick out of it also.

STRESSTEST said:

First of all, that's amazing. Secondly.. how much do those chairs cost? Can you post a link on where to get them?

iha said:
First of all, that's amazing. Secondly.. how much do those chairs cost? Can you post a link on where to get them?

Thanks man.

Do an Ebay search for "Aeron" without the quotes. You can get them as little as 400 bucks there. New from a Herman Miller dealer they will run you around 600~800 for one.

UltraJounin said:
wonderful photography, long exposure i assume ? :)

No, nothing special. Olympus c4000 on basic HQ setting, no flash. I't very similar in person.

if i was not in college and a millionair i would get me one of those things first thing.

eastvillager said:

go aeron chair!!! costs $850 (tho you can luck out at thrift shops and get them for $100 sometimes)... but a better chair you will not find.

NuclearFallout said:
anyone know what kind of chair this is ???
I'm looking for a new one for xmas
DSC01951.jpg

that's captain archer's bridge chair off of the enterprise nx-01... only with casters.

some one explain to me how in the fuck does a office chair cost so much?

sure it can be the most comfortable chair in the world.... but $800??!!??

what the fuck is so special about it?

does a hand come out and play with ur ball for you?wtF?

Goat_187 said:
some one explain to me how in the fuck does a office chair cost so much?
sure it can be the most comfortable chair in the world.... but $800??!!??
what the fuck is so special about it?
does a hand come out and play with ur ball for you?wtF?

rotflmao.gif

its price can be explained in one sentence: it's an ergonomic chair.
freakin' company can charge just about anything and businesses will snap it up like my dog does pepperoni (that dog will do almost anything for pepperoni 0_o).

friend of mine lucked out tho... got it for $20 at the local habitat for humanity store... those places and thrift shops are great places to pick up old crap that's worth far more than they are selling it for.

I had two red leather high back executive chairs a few years ago. I wore those bastards out. :p I have a crappy walmart chair now. :(

CAL777 said:
OH SNAP... *looks at toilet*

Man, you must be multitasking hardcore.
it's fake. my father once made a piccie of me with a spaceship behind me. took him maybe 10min. no, i don't have it. i was less than happy with the image and deleted it.

ah, yes, the wonders of adobe photoshop.

NuclearFallout said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/Tman52/DSC01951.jpg

That is the baseball chair -- when I worked at OfficeMax we use to joke about it because it looked like a baseball glove on rollerblades. :p You can pick one up there if you wish -- I think it was like $159-179.

I have a terrible drafter's chair. Similar to those 19.99 gray specials you see at Wal-Mart but imagine it with little padding and no back adjustment what-so-ever.

~Kris

starhawk said:
it's fake. my father once made a piccie of me with a spaceship behind me. took him maybe 10min. no, i don't have it. i was less than happy with the image and deleted it.

ah, yes, the wonders of adobe photoshop.

yeah, i was using just a touch of sarcasm :D

NuclearFallout said:
DSC01951.jpg

that is actually my chair and my set up :D

If you guys are looking for that chair, I got it at Office Max last year. Saddly though I dont thnik that they really have them anymore and have a new one that isnt as nice. But you can go to Officemax and check on who maked it and etc. I rember the last time I was in there they still remembered it.

I juct cant believe how many people have asked me where i got this chair, :eek:

if you made that little ribbed section in the back glow blue, and bolted it to the floor, you would not be very far from captain archer's chair on the bridge of the enterprise nx-01.

Tman said:
that is actually my chair and my set up :D

If you guys are looking for that chair, I got it at Office Max last year. Saddly though I dont thnik that they really have them anymore and have a new one that isnt as nice. But you can go to Officemax and check on who maked it and etc. I rember the last time I was in there they still remembered it.

Actually, I saw that chair a month ago when I was chair-shopping. When I saw your picture I said, "Hey I know that chair" =0) Sadly, it's over $100, I was going for $80, which I did find a good one in OfficeMax's clearance sale. A lovely executive chair too, can't complain.

However, I will take pictures of it after I get my sidedesk in.

StratocasterMaster said:
I have a terrible drafter's chair.

have a not so terrible drafting table chair
a Martin Instrument that I got like 15 years ago
it is of course now far further worse for wear
but at least isnt a self destruct copy

That chair is worth more than that computer next to it in my opinion.

Back