Post Pics of your chair

ToasteD

Limp Gawd
Hey, I was wondering if you guys could post a pic or a little review of the chairs you use in your workstations. I didn't know where to post this, but since this is like the workstation gallery I figured it would be okay. I have a really bad chair and it is killing my back so I need to find a new one. I think a little chair discussion would be helpful.

I went to staples...sat in a few and found one i liked...it was 200$...so no
I found another one that I liked...it was only 70$...yeah...so I ask the d00d to get me one...and he drags the box up to the counter and we pay and all...and I get home and pull the parts out the box....its a different chair! it was one of the nicer chairs that was about 120$

shhhh
you didnt hear that from me

chair.jpg

lol

Here's a pic of my "throne" with a mesh back and a glimpse of my work area. The headrest comes in handy when watching dvd or just general napping. :p

1180795MyChair.jpg

huh but most threads that dont have a point have a point.................... wait.... wut...... awwwww stop yelling at me *covers head*

Disarray said:
I like mine to lay back a bit:
DCP_6559.jpg
I remember seeing this on another thread...omg how can you stand to have the CRT's above you? that would freak me out...my cat would jump on them and they would fall!

chair.jpg

Normally I wouldn't take the time to post a picture of something like this, but I already had a picture uploaded.

A friend asked me what I was doing when the planes hit the WTC on 9.11.01 and I replied "I was jacking a chair from a computer lab at school to use in my dorm."

Got back, sat in my new chair and flipped on the TV and about stained my new chair.

i need to take the plunge off a cliff every time i read this thread

I've actually seen them sell for as little as 400 on Ebay. They MSRP around 7to 8.

They gave me the exact same impression the first time I saw one. As soon as your ass hits it, your whole world changes though. These are by far the most comfortable seat I've sat in. Sure there are more cushy chairs out there, but try sitting in one of those at the office for 8 hours, then compare that experiance with 8 hours in one of these. It'll make a believer out of you

Yeah, once you go to a nice chair you wonder how you ever did without one :)
If you spend any serious amount of time in front of a computer (and let's face it, we all do :p ) you owe it to your back to get a good chair.

The store around the corner from mine sells the Aeron, I'm going to have to try it out some day to see if it's as good as they say it is (even though it's actually cheaper than this Maxima ;) )

Yah, you wouldn't think by looking at an Aeron that its comfortable. But it is, all day at work and then at home (swooped one from a company that folded next door) and not notice at all any soreness or whatever. Its mesh so your back and arse don't get sweaty too.

I know about 3 options for highend office chairs the Aeron chair from HermanMiller, the Leap Chair, or the Freedom Chair from Human Scale (my prefrence).

Many people love the Aeron, and I hear great things about the Leap chair, but I rarely hear mention about the Freedom chair except in Design and Design Award magazines. My uncle did the manufacturing modeling design. I worked in his office for a couple of months and got to sit in it. Damn it's a nice chair.

One of the nicest things about the Freedom chair is it's automatic adujstment and balance features. The other two chairs have numerous adujstments to tailor them to your specific desires and comfort, but the freedom chair does away with a bunch of them because it adjusts to you.

Blah blah blah... I could continue, but I don't want to sound like an advertisement. I just like the chair. What I'm waiting for is Human Scale's new chair, the Liberty. I haven't sat in this one, so I can not extole it's virtues, but it's nifty looking tech.

Check 'em and see for yourself. If you have the opportunity sit in them all and then decide.

Happy hunting.

xen said:
Many people love the Aeron, and I hear great things about the Leap chair, but I rarely hear mention about the Freedom chair except in Design and Design Award magazines.
Yes we have those at work. They are great chairs, makes the hours go by very fast. They are very expensive though, almost $1,000 with the headrest. I agree though it is a great chair.

I'm sporting a woody.

chair.jpg

Notice the buttring? Yeah, I air dry with a towel around me quite frequently.

chairouch.jpg

That's after a night of casual computing... Well to be honest that only takes about 15 minutes to happen.

chair1.jpg

chair2.jpg

I really like mine, its super comfy. The only thing i sometimes don't like, are the wood arm rests. When typing, it sometimes hurts my elbows. Perfectly fits my back with plenty of support where its needed. I think ive had this chair for about 4 years now.

Also, please note that the pic makes the chair look smaller then it really is. This is a very tall chair.

My chair was made by Office Star http://www.officestar.net/
It was purchased for 130$US online.
On a side note, bestbuy usually has very good deals on chairs.

^_^

~Hope this helps

eastvillager -

your chair is the same one we use at the IT dept at City Hall, Ithaca, NY... Good choice!

LstOfTheBrunnenG said:
Is that the Medal of Honor level "Destroyed Villiage" on your middle monitor?

Yeah, its all I play LOL. I am a serious MOHAA junkie.

lol... wow... my freind did that too... better than my chair, though.. its a rocking chair, and i'm too lazy to buy a new one (Read: poor, damn high school)

Back