Post pics of your Antec 900

I really like the NINEHUNDRED TWO. I think they fixed all the little quirks of the original

Here are some pics of my PC:

DARTH QUAD
------------------------------------------
Antec 900 Case Air Cooled 4x 120mm fans
850w BFG PSU
EVGA 680i nForce Mobo
Intel Quad Core Q6600 g-stepping 2.4 ghz OC to 3.1 ghz
2 EVGA 8800gt Superclocked SLI
4GB OCZ DDR2 1066mhz PC28500

Custom Vinyl Graphics Designed and produced by Blackard Graphics (Me)
12" Red Cold Cathode light with Custom Darth Vader Light Saber Hilt
Talking Darth Vader Toy Voice Box "The Force is strong with this one."

P1010606.jpg

P1010598.jpg

P1010607.jpg

Just finished my Clemson paint job for when I go off to college in a month. Wiring? Terrible. Watercooling? Mega mistake, case isn't big enough for it. Outcome? I like it :D

IMG_0693.jpg

Aaaand the rear. Black I/O plate and black PCI slot covers. Unfortunatly I seemed to of lost my rubber grommet things during painting... oh wells.

IMG_0703.jpg

Last edited:
Love the color scheme! Where are you going to school? The only school I know that has orange and black is OSU, am I right? :p (Oregon)

Love the color scheme! Where are you going to school? The only school I know that has orange and black is OSU, am I right? :p (Oregon)

Actually Clemson University. Technically they are Orange, Purple, and White as a secondary but I figured orange and black would work fine enough. I'm going to stencil in a tiger paw on the back panel and probably do a CU or something to that extent on the window panel

Why the bump? lol..

But anyways..I have one, havent quite figured out the Cabling for this Warlock yet...

The black inside coating is a nice touch, but Im more worried about coming up with a cabling solution.

Stumbled acrossed this thread and took a trip down memory lane, god I miss my Antec Nine Hundred. I have had a ton of different cases since but it is the only one I really miss. :(

Stumbled acrossed this thread and took a trip down memory lane, god I miss my Antec Nine Hundred. I have had a ton of different cases since but it is the only one I really miss. :(
Same here.. One of my favorite cases have to say, despite the dust problem I had with it. Eventyally made dust filters for intake fans, but they were too hard to clean :D
Found few old pics :cool:
900_a.jpg

900_k.jpg

900_cab.jpg

So I was browsing this forum yesterday while at work and decided to join. I have had a Antec 900 for about two years now and I think i have only cleaned it once since I built it. Seeing what some of you have done with your cases is truely creative.

So I have decided to take the first step and get things cleared / cleaned up inside. UGH.. Last night from 6pm till 11pm I busted some balls on stripping everything apart and cleaning it with a fine bristle brush.

The beginning..... :D

img0016ho.jpg

By deeeebs

img0017cw.jpg

By deeeebs

img0018uu.jpg

By deeeebs

img0019vn.jpg

By deeeebs

img0020br.jpg

By deeeebs

img0021sl.jpg

By deeeebs

img0022xk.jpg

By deeeebs

And the one end result picture I took for now...

img0023vk.jpg

By deeeebs

In the future I see my self maxing out the system all around, painting the inside and drive bay grills a dark lime green with yellow lights / fans, and better cable management. Then possibly build another Antec 900 with an Intel i5 and the Rampage mobo. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any recommendations on a new fan / heatsink combo for the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+. As you can see I never upgraded over the OEM. :eek:

Thanks for a OLD but GREAT thread. Has anyone done anything lately to their 900s?

Took my 900 apart last weekend, painted the whole inside black, added a whole at the bottom so I could run cables from PSU behind the case, and replaced a couple fans, and added a new drive cage and ditched my DVD drive. All in all looks half decent, was super cheap, and cools like a beast.

How often is everyone cleaning out their Antec 900? I like to clean mine out every 2-3 months since it gets pretty dusty

How often is everyone cleaning out their Antec 900? I like to clean mine out every 2-3 months since it gets pretty dusty

About the same here. I have 3 fans in the front and no dust filters, so it can be a problem. I had tried using dust filters but it's not worth the effor tof cleaning/changing them on the front, so much effort.
I have however noticed a hell of a lot less dust since i have replaced the windowed side panel wirth a standard windowless panel.

Still loving this case, but damn talk about it being a magnet for dust. I have to take a blower to it once a month to keep the dust bunnies away.

015.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

Here is mine with my old P45 and Q6600. It died, so now I have an 890 FX waiting on a 1055T and an H50 to go in it. I will swap the fans with GT 1450's. I might paint the inside as well. Would something like Rhino Liner make a good inside paint and be no conductive?

Before:
p0904101551.jpg

After:
p0309101709.jpg

Behind:
p0309101718.jpg

Turned on:
p0609101804.jpg

Goin to paint the interior matte black soon aswell as sort out the cable holes i made which are pretty crude tbh. I also rly need some more of those sticky pads for the cathode as black tape is a bit tacky :p
Will probs get a modular power supply soonish and unisleeve it and also get some of those blueline xigmatek fans with the white LEDs for the cooler, the akasa ambers i have atm dont rly match.
Oh and the turtle may be replaced by a fan controller lol.

Any suggestions for improvements?

Before:
p0904101551.jpg

After:
p0309101709.jpg

Behind:
p0309101718.jpg

Turned on:
p0609101804.jpg

Goin to paint the interior matte black soon aswell as sort out the cable holes i made which are pretty crude tbh. I also rly need some more of those sticky pads for the cathode as black tape is a bit tacky :p
Will probs get a modular power supply soonish and unisleeve it and also get some of those blueline xigmatek fans with the white LEDs for the cooler, the akasa ambers i have atm dont rly match.
Oh and the turtle may be replaced by a fan controller lol.

Any suggestions for improvements?
Very nice. I love the sleeving and cable management. I suggest not going overboard with LEDs though. You might also want to add a side case fan to cool your GPU.

Thanks for your feedback. That venomous X cooler is far too massive for a side fan to fit, Ive tried :p

These are the LED fans im thinking of getting to match what will be a black/blue colour scheme: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2598.html Any thoughts on them?

Also i recently found this on a forum: http://a.imageshack.us/img46/4384/mg5237.jpg
So thinking of backlighting the motherboard with a white LED strip.

I think with those fans and a backlit mobo i wont want another cathode, too crazy lol.

What u think?

EDIT:
Just thought id also mention that ive got rid of the black tape holding the cathode in place.
Its now using sticky velcro pad things :D

Last edited:
Quick update to my post. Painted the case, got new fans for the cooler and painted the rear exhaust noctua.

p1410101703.jpg

p1410101659.jpg

p1020676w.jpg

Any thoughts? :)

Thanks for your feedback. That venomous X cooler is far too massive for a side fan to fit, Ive tried :p

These are the LED fans im thinking of getting to match what will be a black/blue colour scheme: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2598.html Any thoughts on them?

Also i recently found this on a forum: http://a.imageshack.us/img46/4384/mg5237.jpg
So thinking of backlighting the motherboard with a white LED strip.

I think with those fans and a backlit mobo i wont want another cathode, too crazy lol.

What u think?

EDIT:
Just thought id also mention that ive got rid of the black tape holding the cathode in place.
Its now using sticky velcro pad things :D

Not sure how those Xigmatek fans look in person. The Cooler Master R4 is a pretty good black fan w/ many colors of LED. I have the blue one. I actually taped all of the LEDs on the front fans. It got annoying after a while. I do however like lights coming from the side window.

Quick update to my post. Painted the case, got new fans for the cooler and painted the rear exhaust noctua.

p1410101703.jpg

p1410101659.jpg

p1020676w.jpg

Any thoughts? :)

Impressive. I like that you colored the interior black. I want to do that to mine but really dont want to take every apart.

Im glad this thread was brought back. This case will never die:eek:

As for a filter on the front, i used a pair of nylons and cut out 2 pieces (1 for each pull out) and stretched them over the grill and used a thin strip of duct tape all the way around to hold it down. The only dust that gets in is the fine white stuff. I clean the inside of my case once every 6 months and vacuum the front once a week (cat hair and crap)

About the same here. I have 3 fans in the front and no dust filters, so it can be a problem. I had tried using dust filters but it's not worth the effor tof cleaning/changing them on the front, so much effort.
I have however noticed a hell of a lot less dust since i have replaced the windowed side panel wirth a standard windowless panel.

Yea I dont use dust filters either because I want to maximize my cooling. I don't mind cleaning it out every few months. I also have a fan on the side window so that may be adding more dust. Also using an H50 as an intake and my radiator gets really dusty after a couple months.

Yea I dont use dust filters either because I want to maximize my cooling. I don't mind cleaning it out every few months. I also have a fan on the side window so that may be adding more dust. Also using an H50 as an intake and my radiator gets really dusty after a couple months.

Ooo yeah radiators are dust filters themselves, they'll horde the dust up good lol.

Updated.

(Can not be bothered wit hte cables in this case, especially with the current PSU)
PA020139.jpg

PA020145.jpg

PA020134.jpg

PA140142.jpg

Have this same case for my gaming and server rig. Both stock and loving it. Either with 2 vid cards in crossfire or 7 hard drives in another, it never gets too hot with all those fans.

Back