post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

All right took some pictures.

Here's the finished look. Notice some marks on the bottom right corner. That came from pulling the plastic away from the front panel.

IMG_0691.jpg

This is one of the nicest window jobs I've seen yet for the 182. Great job, love the spacing!

Anybody doing these fairley cheap yet?

Last edited:
This is one of the nicest window jobs I've seen yet for the 182. Great job, love the spacing!

I thought that Performance-pcs.com was doing them like that as custom jobs but I can't find it on their site anymore...

Thanks for the compliment. Tried really hard to get it the way I wanted. It was relatively cheap to do it on my own. As long as you have access to the tools.

I have a p180 (version 2) with an E6400 cpu (o/c'd from 2.13ghz to 3.2ghz)...I have been using a TT Typhoon cooler (fan is mounted facing toward the side of the case)...I have never gotten great cpu temps with this case (45C idle using EIST and C1E) but have only used the Typhoon up to this point...would a cooler with a fan that blows toward the exhaust fan in the back help much with temps?

I have an intake fan in the top bay blowing in, and an exhaust fan blowing out the back...I do not have one on the top exhaust as it didn't seem to make much difference for cpu temps but added noise...my gtx 260 exhausts the air out of the case directly...even with my old 7900gs video card cpu temps were about the same...

Do you have a link to the trim you used (or the manufacturers dimensions)? I'd like to do a similar window mod :p

This is my P180

img6586id3.jpg

Dan

If you are really going to do the window mod, it won't look good unless you paint the interior black :)

I'm actually doing the window mod on a P182 I'm in the process of pimping out (fitting a PA120.3 internally :cool: ), and it will be painted black inside ;)

I'll have to post it here when I've done.

Dan

Do you have a link to the trim you used (or the manufacturers dimensions)? I'd like to do a similar window mod :p

This is my P180

*SNIP*

Dan

Thanks again, good to see that people still go through this thread. I know I did when I was considering this case.

I knew I had posted a little tutorial when I did the window mod. Went back through my posts and found it.

Post with the material information

Post with pics

Also had a hard time finding where I got the window etching from so did some searching:
McMaster Website

The McMaster website has pretty much anything you you coupd possibly want. From acrylic, to window edging, to screws. Found so many usefull things on their website.

Let me know if you guys have any further questions, happy to help out.

Just replaced my P180 that I got when it first came out with a P183. Couldn't find any zipties so I'll have to clean up the bottom chamber this weekend probably.

IMG_1286.jpg

I'm actually doing the window mod on a P182 I'm in the process of pimping out (fitting a PA120.3 internally :cool: ), and it will be painted black inside ;)

I'll have to post it here when I've done.

Dan

Do a 120.3 fit in the case? It was close that my 120.2 didnt fit... :confused: :)

Hey guys. I just built my system a couple days ago w. my case being the P182. I gotta admit, the wiring is horrendous. I can't figure out how to neatly wire everything. Does anybody have any tips? I've been browsing this thread looking for somebody with similar hardware but I haven't seen anything yet. I think my biggest issue is that I have 4 HDDs (3 in the bottom and 1 in the middle).

Can anybody lend a fellow P-owner some tips? =)

I can take/post some pics if requested.

I'll try to post a pic but it's actually more wires if I throw all the drives in the bottom bay I have to bring in 2 sata power wires from my Corsair PSU since there's only 3 connector heads per wire. At least the way it's setup now, I have one 3-head wire feeding the lower bay and one 2-head wire feeding the middle bay HDD and optical drive. I'll try to post a pic later this evening.

What also didn't help was I had wires run behind the mobo tray but the panel wouldn't close so I had to pull everywhere and run it thru the other side. The only cable behind the mobo tray now is the ATX power cable and even that was a bitch to close. I had to lay the case down and basically sit on the panel to close/latch it. lol.

Hi!

I'm new in this forum, my name is Albert and I have 18, I'm from Spain :D

He presents my gaming rig (Antec P182 . Corsair VX550 . Asus P5E . Q6600 @ 3.2GHz . Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme / Noctua NF-P12 . Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 . GTX 260 216 . 2 x WD5000AAKS) :p

And one pic;

IMG_0319.jpg

Greetings! ;)

Fitting the 120.3 inside the P180 is awesome and all but it requires hacking the case up way too much. Nothing wrong with having the rad on the outside with quiet fans, my computer is still silent and mint.

Good job though :D

Any of you guys running with just an intake fan where the top hard drive rack is, and an exhaust fan by the mobo? I wanna have my system as silent as possible, and I know the very top exhaust fan lets a lot of noise exit, and I was thinking of sealing that up. And I hear the PSU fan should be sufficient for the lower chamber.

I have a E8400 stock settings, and an ATI 4870. However I also have 4 hard drives that will be going into the lower chamber.

I'm trying to figure out how many Yateloon fans to buy before I start assembling my P180 rig.

You can delete the top fan without a problem.. I'd go for a total of 3 120mm fans, one rear, one front, and one behind the harddrives in the lower chamber.

as far as how many fans to get? 5-6 atleast, nice to have some laying around to replace fans in other computers later on. being stuck -without- a working fan is a bitch...

You can delete the top fan without a problem.. I'd go for a total of 3 120mm fans, one rear, one front, and one behind the harddrives in the lower chamber.

as far as how many fans to get? 5-6 atleast, nice to have some laying around to replace fans in other computers later on. being stuck -without- a working fan is a bitch...

3 fans in those locations is definately the sweet spot. I tried to run fanless on the bottom chamber with just the PSU fan, but one of my drives was dipping it to the 50c range. I put a fan in there and it dropped it to 39C!

Finally managed to get my new pc build up last night and give it a test run in L4D after waiting for the final parts to arrive. I decided too use my previous Antec P180b case for the job as it was sitting in storage waiting for me to give it life again...I hope its satisfied :D

Close up of my new rig :cool:
ninjacoolnewpcbuild2009.jpg

I noticed that my lower chamber fan besides the HDs needs to be replaced and for that I have a silent NorthQ 120mm that should be perfect for the job but im having problems removing the chamber fan, is there any easy trick to get it loose?

No offense, but I think you could do better with the wiring on this one. Everything seems like a bundled mess (even the fan controls :\). Just imho of course.

is there any place online where i can buy an already made side panel door that is see through for a p180 silver?

First post here so hello everyone!

Here is my P182, just finished painting it and here it is...

Will have some components inside soon, ill update you guys.

This is a mod by me, not done, very simple, but I am still awaiting these components:

Watercooling:

1 x EK Anti Cyclon Plate X-RES £2.92
1 x Chilled PC Rad Brackets - External Radiator Mounting £9.99
1 x Laing DDC 10w Pump
- Aftermarket Top: EK-DDC X-RES 100
- Want Us to Assemble the combo?: yes
- Barb Size for Selected Top: Free with EK top 1/2" or 3/8" £79.91
4 x PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 5/8" OD Tubing - UV Red £9.96
2 x Feser Aqua - Ultra Pure Distilled Water - 1000 ml £8.98
1 x Petra'sTech "PT_Nuke" Concentrated Biocide (10ml) £3.91
1 x Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - 12g £12.59
1 x 12-22mm Hoseclips Pack of 10 £2.99
8 x XSPC 7/16" ID - 5/8" OD Glossy Black tubing £6.16
1 x Small neck Funnel £0.99
1 x Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme Performance CPU Waterblock (LGA775) £51.99

Other:

5 x Black 2:1 Heatshrink 500mm piece (For LED's/Fan Wires etc) £4.85
1 x Blowhole / Edge Trim 1 Metre £0.87
5 x 4mm Black Cable Braid / Sleeving £3.90.
2 x YATE LOON 120mm - D12SM-12 £7.98
p5220009.jpg

p5220010.jpg

p5220011g.jpg

p5220012.jpg

More coming...

Last edited:
got my P180 mini earlier today from the newegg sale...

swapped my rig from a LL V350

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

[email protected]
cm gemini 2 s cooler, and because of this cooler i cant add a fan to the rear exhaust
gigabyte g31-es2l
2x1gb gskill ddr2 800
sapphire 4670 gddr4 version
bfg LS450
wd black 640gb
samsung dvd writer
sunbeam rheobus controlling just 1 scythe slipstream, set to about 2 o clock right where it turns blue

so far, quiter than in the LL V350, except for the top 200mm fan
even at Low setting, it's quite audible from where i sit

Anybody have any tips on how to clean the dust filters? Mine are really gunked up.

Just run them under some water as the other guy did, just make sure they are dry before putting them in again. You can also just blow on them , usually works for me, but mine are never really dusty.

I just recently finished building my p180 mini rig and was wondering if it would be a good idea to cover up all the slots at the back of the case (i.e. pci) to prevent dust from building up. Would it cut back on the air flow much or will the front and bottom air intakes be enough?

Hi,

This is what my P182 looks like from the inside atm:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4842/rawrf.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5618/dscf0050kra.jpg

specs;
Corsair Tx650w
Asus P5Q pro
Intel Q9450 at 3,4ghz
4GB corsair something ram.
2x ATI HD4870 in crossfire
2 Samsung F1's
And a bunch of zalman stuff.

Still need to work away some of the fan cables. And try to make it a lil more tidy, tieing the power cables for the graphic card together, etc. Maybe at some point also exchange the stock case fans for Noctua ones.
But for a first timer i think i did a pretty decent job. ;)

The only "problem" i have atm is that the case gets alot hotter since im running crossfire (2x 4870), the CPU went up with almost 10degrees celsius.
The zalmans do a nice job on the GPU's, but dont really push the hot air out like a stock fan does. And i cant really equip the center fan, cause that doesnt really fit, the cards are a bit to long so the power cables would go in the fan.

Anyone has any suggestions on how to get the hot air from the GPU's straight out the back, instead of it floating around and warming up the entire case and everything in it.

Last edited:
Back