post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

i got one of the original p180s without the cabling holes and i ended up going to town with a dremmel but i still ran into a problem of feeding the 24 pin main power cable to my mobo behind and still being about to shut the case.....am i dumb? did you guys mod the cable at all to make it fit? did antec move the tray a little to allow that bulky cable to get through to back? also my 8 pin 12v cable to the mobo is by the top/back exhaust fan and the cable is about 2 inches too short to run behind for better air flow, is there an easy fix?

thanks

Two questions:

1) To anyone with an EVGA GTX 260, can you install the card and still have room to install the optional middle fan?

2) To anyone using Yate Loon fans to replace the Tri-cool fans, how many did you install and which speed did you buy? How does the noise compare to the stock fans?

Thanks

1) Yes. You have to remove the middle HD cage and unscrew one of the two black brackets that hold the cage in place. Then you can stick a 120mm fan in there with a double-sided adhesive pad.

1) Not the way that Antec had originally designed the case. You will not be able to have the HDD cage in there and then mount a fan to it. Like suggested above you could take the cage out and then mount a fan where the cage use to be.

2) I originally bought the Yate Loon Medium speed fans. I didn't like the lack of fan tuning so I ended up buying YL High Speed fans and a Fan Controller. Right now I have the two exhaust fans(High Speed) on the same wire, that way they run the same RPM, the front intake(High Speed) on it's own channel, and two fans(Medium Speed) in the lower chamber on the same channel.

1) Not the way that Antec had originally designed the case. You will not be able to have the HDD cage in there and then mount a fan to it. Like suggested above you could take the cage out and then mount a fan where the cage use to be.

If its a P182 there is a fan mount in front of the hard drive cage as well. So there is no issue.

Uh, yes there is an issue - the GTX 260 doesn't fit with the fan in front of the HD cage.

Uh, yes there is an issue - the GTX 260 doesn't fit with the fan in front of the HD cage.

If it fits with the cage there at all, your fine if its the p182 because you can put the fan between the bezel and the cage. My point being, even if the cage has to come out, there is a mounting point for the fan so there isn't an issue getting a fan there.

yeah theres more then enough space. u can even put those really thick fans in the front or just got the grills out the front for best airflow :)

Refering to the Middle Drive Cage, Fan, GTX 260 question on the P182
This issue is probably resolved already, but this pic might help out in case there were still doubts.
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5474/dsc00012cc3.jpg

A fan in the front of the case works fine, however mounting a fan behind the drive cage probably won't work with the 10.5" GTX 260.
BTW, I eventually pulled the middle drive cage out. I just wasn't using it, and though the airflow would be better without it.

My "lightly" modded P180b :D I just finished it up this evening!
System_1.jpg

FYI, Ijust wanted to let you know I loved this idea and had to steal it. I gave you credit. If you want to see my WIP look here...at this thread.

I have the p180 and my gtx 260 goes into the drive bay just a little bit. I can't use two of the slots for hard drives in that bay.

Refering to the Middle Drive Cage, Fan, GTX 260 question on the P182
This issue is probably resolved already, but this pic might help out in case there were still doubts.
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5474/dsc00012cc3.jpg

A fan in the front of the case works fine, however mounting a fan behind the drive cage probably won't work with the 10.5" GTX 260.
BTW, I eventually pulled the middle drive cage out. I just wasn't using it, and though the airflow would be better without it.

Where did you get that sound deadening material and did it help at all?

Where did you get that sound deadening material and did it help at all?
I found it at Wal-M@rt. Its sold as sound deadening for Air Condioning units. About 6 bucks, and came with about 2.5 square feet. It was on clearance, I hope you can still find it there.

It helps a little bit. The sound of the nForce fan is kinda hard muffle completely though.

12f1e6dfa523.jpg

f75f611a4a36.jpg

The large black box looking item around the 8800GTS is for directing airflow of the 120mm mounted inline. It works quite well.
Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Can any P182 owner upload a pic of how you have the 5.25 drives on the mounting rails? I am having a tough time sliding it in.

Hi All,

I'm just finishing off a P182 build with an i7 and GTX-285.

I have a new Enermax Rev85+ 850 coming next Tuesday (they only just got released in Europe), and I was wondering about installing it in the P182.

Here's the review:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTU4OCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I guess it's relatively large (W x H x D): 150mm x 85mm x 180mm so I have two questions;

- To the people who has longer PSUs what's the best way to install it?

Plus I see a number of you have removed the PSU cage from your P182, even with shorter PSUs, what are the plus's and minus's of doing so?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm scooping a Rev85+ 850 like philhumphrey and was in the same boat wondering if it would fit in a P182 or not. Really wanted to put it into a 182SE and change out the sides and door like blom did though I looked at the URL posted and don't see P182 gunmetal sides and front doors available.

Would the P180B parts they show fit a 182? If so would the color deviate from the top pane color on the 182SE drastically (thought the 180B was black not gunmetal). I'll shoot Performance PC's an E-mail (was going to get the case from them since they did a great job sleeving my old case) and try calling Antec this week to see if I can figure out the logisitcs behind this. Get the best of both worlds! Thanks to anyone who figures this out and posts before me!

Question.

I recently became interested in purchasing a P180 mini for my new pc setup and noticed it was a mATX case. Though based on some reviews I've read and watched, they all suggest that it's probably big enough to fit a full size motherboard in. I like the mini because it reminds me a bit of my beloved lanboy and I want to upgrade.

I was wondering if my new mobo (ASUS M3A78 Pro) could fit in this case?

I see these mods... and I already know I will not need a new case after this stock P182. I've been slowly learning how to use various machines at my school's machine shop... so it is only a matter of time before I start on something. :) Now if only Antec had some extra P182 doors/panels available.

Thanks guys! This is my first serious build/mod and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes it. I've added a bunch to the build since that photos so check out my blog for updates. http://blog.techedout.ca

@FusionXP The led controller was designed for a wii and/or xbox but the priciples are the same so I went with it. Requires a lot of custom wiring (off the PSU and Mobo) and some soldering and such but overall wasn't too hard. Got the chip from http://pulsevu.sickmods.net. They have everything you need but since I'm in Canada I ordered my led's from another source and grabbed resistors from work.

@samven582 This may be embarassing or lower my "cred" but I just used a sandable black primer and left it at that. I wanted it flat black inside and not glossy, so I was going to prime and use a flat black bumper paint but found a flat black primer and just went with that. The interior is in no way smooth but the effect I was looking for was done.

@blade52x Because of the triple pane design of the panels and front door, and because the shop who was doing my logo cutting was unsure of how it will hold up, I contacted Antec prior to cutting to see if they had replacement parts. You can purchase many replacement items direct from their website, and if not contact them and see what they say.

I noticed that several users are using thermalright coolers for their GPU. I moved to those due to the P182 did NOT provide proper cooling for the lower video card when in SLI (~20 deg diff). Then do so I noticed that the video card drooped about 1/4 in at the one end. I could only assume that it would continue to droop more as time went on... So I made these stainless steel risers to combat the issue. let me know what you thing / want more information.
left side:
img5775wo3.jpg

right side:
img5778mf5.jpg

risers:
img5815ab6.jpg

img5814ta6.jpg

Back