post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

P180
Q6600 @ 3.6ghz
Abit IP35 Pro
TRUE 120
4X1GB Crucial Tracer Ballistix 1066mhz (Modded with tape / straws to cover the bright red LED's)
2X320GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA HD's
700W OCZ PSU
8800GTS EVGA 512MB / Thermaltake DuOrb

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

I wish I could use that upper HD cage fan. With my video card I can't. And nice puppy you got there.

Here's mine. Just installed Maximus II Formula and that TRUE Black. And that video card is a 4870.:cool:

p182insidedirect522.jpg

p182insideangle148.jpg

The motherboard came with this litle LCD screen. It's meant to sit on top the PC but I wanted it out of the way so I cut a hole in one of the dummy bay slots. The first temperature reading is broken. There's no way my PC is 32°F
p182front983.jpg

hey maybe you can help me first of all how do you like your II Formula i love mine really a great board. but i am a real n00b at overclocking do the presets actually or is it better for me to try and do it myself thanks

Kind of a silly question. I plan on building a pc for my brother with a p182. I have one as well so I'll be able to give him my stock fans that came with my case. I'm just wondering if they were decent since I never really gave them a test or listen, just immediately replaced them with Yate Loons. Thanks.

What did you use to cut your doors? I tried an X-acto knife, but it came out pitifully ragged and I'd probably need to sand it. Yours look really well done.

i used a box cutter and a lot of patience. took a long time so i didnt bother doing the lower cover.

You're the first person (other than myself) that I've seen add a support to the TRUE. How well is yours working?

it actually works pretty well. the biggest delta between my cores was 8c before the bracket but with the bracket im looking at 4c across the cores. just used a pair of needle nose pliers and a coat hanger. :p

it actually works pretty well. the biggest delta between my cores was 8c before the bracket but with the bracket im looking at 4c across the cores. just used a pair of needle nose pliers and a coat hanger. :p
I always have had a pretty good gap in temps between cores except when I run Orthos or something. I'll be 1-2C apart during a stress test, but I'll see 8C under normal operation.

my new setup in the p180.

Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme Performance CPU Block
Swiftech MCW30 Northbridge Block
Swiftech MicroReservoir
Swiftech MCR320 Triple Radiator
Swiftech MCP655 Pump

Feser One UV Blue Performance Coolant

Home Depot Tubing - 1/2" ID - 5/8" OD
Stainless Steel Hose Clamps

E8400 at 4.0 Ghz hits 34 idle / 45 load...it idles warm because my AC in my room is dead :( and the room temp is close to 90 degrees F.

Next step is southbridge and gpu blocks. :biggrin:

SwiftechWaterCooling8-23-08001.jpg

SwiftechWaterCooling8-23-08006.jpg

SwiftechWaterCooling8-23-08004.jpg

SwiftechWaterCooling8-23-08019.jpg

SwiftechWaterCooling8-23-08018.jpg

how u mount the seconde fan? looks like a plastic tube?

yeah it was just a rubber molding piece i had lying around. i just wanted to see what the temps would be like using a push/pull config. i just never took it off because it held so well.

hahah kool :)

ive got mine cabled tied and my 120ex is horizontal . i might take up ur bracket idea after id lap the heatsink and added the washer in :)

ANyone have a picture of a P182 with a Corsair HX1000; would like to know if I need to remove the little fan.

To those with a 4850 or even better, an Asus 4850, was there any problems with getting it secured? It sits way to high up in my P182 and the metal part where you'd screw it in isn't flush so I pretty much can only connect to one DVI port.

To those with a 4850 or even better, an Asus 4850, was there any problems with getting it secured? It sits way to high up in my P182 and the metal part where you'd screw it in isn't flush so I pretty much can only connect to one DVI port.

No issues.

Damnnn, I'm loving that blue theme with the coolant and PCB board, supragt3297.

I guess it's my case that's defective. It didn't come with enough motherboard standoffs, the detachable vent thing on top of top exhaust fan doesn't fit perfectly, and now this video card issue.

I've had an original P180 for a few years now but never posted in this thread. Just last week though, there was a pretty sweet deal on the P182SEs, so I picked one up. I was pretty surprised how reflective they are. Anyway I just got done moving the guts out of my old P180, to the new P182. I also previously modded the slats of the fan grills on the old one, so I cheated a little bit and moved them to the P182. Cable management is definitely easier in the fresh versions.

1000141cd0.jpg

1000134ed1.jpg

1000136fs9.jpg

1000139qt7.jpg

P182 came in today. After years of calling it a refrigerator case I bit the bullet and bought it. Quiet FTW! This case absolutely rocks.

IMG_1509.JPG

Not all is well though. I had it sitting on my bed (bad idea) and it fell over while I was installing the fan to the upper intake bracket. Hit the hdd cage near by and did this. I'm still rather upset at my self. Fortunately it's the rear panel and you never see that side in my setup.

IMG_1507.JPG

Here are a few pics of my first P180 build. Serves as my DAW now.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Antec P180
Antec Neo 550
Intel 975XBX2
Intel E6600 @ 3.2GHz
G.Skill (2x1GB) DDR2 800 - F2-6400PHU2
Zalman 9700NT 110mm 2 ball Ultra Quite
EVGA 512-P3-N802-8800GT 512MB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 80GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb
Lite-On SATA LH-20A1L DVD
Logitech S510 wireless mouse/keyboard
Acer AL2223W 22" Monitor

Quick question:

I am building a new computer in a p182.

I am new at this sort of thing. I just installed the psu.

It seems like most of you use the upper slot to run a few mobo cables, right?
dsc00703gx8.jpg

And the majority of the power cables are routed through the back/?
dsc00704mj8.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, the cables are usually routed through the back. In my system, the P4 cable wasn't long enough (OCZ GameXStream 700w) so I have it laying on the motherboard (Across it). You may need extensions for some cables if you route them behind the motherboard tray. :)

Question: Do you guys usually stick the mobo/hd/dvd and all that stuff in the case and then figure out the wiring?

I'm sorta new at this and am trying to figure out the best strategy.

Question: Do you guys usually stick the mobo/hd/dvd and all that stuff in the case and then figure out the wiring?

I'm sorta new at this and am trying to figure out the best strategy.

That's about the only way you can do it. There are a few things you can do before hand if you really want to go all out, but it's probably easier once everything is in the case.

Well I got time to tidy up the crap cable management job on my pc

Well I decided to organise the inside of my case a bit and to also add some nice blue fans.

From this

IMG_3007.jpg

to this

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

Looks a lot better I think

I think my P182 saved my computer. I was carrying it in a box on some wet stairs, when I slipped, and it fell all the way bottom. Heard some awful noises... was pretty sure that something inside of my computer was done for. But the P182 doesn't have a scratch on it, and everything was in place inside of the computer (though a stick of RAM popped out slightly... last thing you'd expect).

Everything is fine, and I now appreciate my P182 that much more.

can u guys that have a black interior on ur P182's (NOT SE's) share some tips about what you used?

and the same for people that have modded thier side panel with a window over the mobo, im thinkin of buying a peice of acrylic and just pop rivetting it into the sid of the case...maybe u could suggest better options please

thanks, much appreciated!

I think my P182 saved my computer. I was carrying it in a box on some wet stairs, when I slipped, and it fell all the way bottom. Heard some awful noises... was pretty sure that something inside of my computer was done for. But the P182 doesn't have a scratch on it, and everything was in place inside of the computer (though a stick of RAM popped out slightly... last thing you'd expect).

Everything is fine, and I now appreciate my P182 that much more.

Damn :eek:

Let me know if you want to sell any of your excess luck ;)

I wanted to build a new fan controller for my P182, but while taking my case apart and re-wiring all my fans, I decided to hell with it and decided to paint the case black.
So after a weekend of work, I still haven't started on the fan controller :p

Some pics of what I've done so far.

Removed the PSU cage and added my own custom, squishy feet.
psufeet0.jpg

psuarea0.jpg

Hard to see here, but I shortened all the SATA power plugs to be the right distance apart.
tophdd0.jpg

Added a Scythe S-Flex in front of the bottom HDD's.
bothddfan1.jpg

bothddfan3.jpg

bothddfan2.jpg

bothddfan4.jpg

Added some supports for graphics card and CPU HSF.
general1.jpg

Done most of the wiring from fans and connectors for the fan controller.
backcabling0.jpg

Insert fan controller here :p
fancabling0.jpg

Took the PSU apart. The fan that came with the Enermax was getting noisy, so decided to replace it with a S-Flex. I also needed to do some electronic work inside. The fan controller will control multiple fans based on the voltage from the PSU's fan header, so I needed to wire up a lead connected to the fan header inside the PSU, have a lead coming out of the PSU for the new S-Flex inside it, and have the RPM from the S-Flex go directly into the PSU header, so a bit of mucking around :p

Since we all love the inside of electronic gadgets, I'll show some pics of the inside of the Enermax Infiniti 720w.
psu1.jpg

psu0.jpg

can u guys that have a black interior on ur P182's (NOT SE's) share some tips about what you used?

and the same for people that have modded thier side panel with a window over the mobo, im thinkin of buying a peice of acrylic and just pop rivetting it into the sid of the case...maybe u could suggest better options please

thanks, much appreciated!

dmaji,
Im sure some flat black spray paint and some careful taping would do the job.

And about the side panel, ive seen some for sale pre-made, which would save you some time...I was thinking about this for my rig, but then we would be losing our noise insulation on the side panel.

Back