post pics of ur p180/p182/190s

i put a Artic Cooling Fan with rubber mounts and a PWM controller. The fan almost never spins on full and makes no noise at all........so i never hear that top fan issue anymore

The rear fan is a on a 3 wire on runs at 1100 rpm but is very silent also.

Is it an Antec Tricool fan?

Yes, it's one of the tricools that came with the case

i get it in my p180b i dono if its just tri cools or all fans but it suks!!

I took the top fan out of my case. All it does is make noise. My temps are lower with it removed.

Yeah, I just unplugged it for the time being. I use a TRUE with an s-flex 1200rpm blowing towards the back exhaust. Should be good enough and it's next to silent.

@Fritzz

It's a relief to see the Quattro 850 fit in the P182 without permanently losing the lower fan, as I've just bought those bunnies for next months build and wasn't sure if it would work. :-D

Anything in particular I should note about the fit and the cable lengths?

Everything fits great with the Antec 850 and the P182. You have to do some major bending to the cables, but it works. All the other lengths of cables are fine and let you use the cable management.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply and the heads up re: cable bending. :)

Will sleep much sounder knowing its going to work now.

Cheers. :)

Nothing special...

10ritg7.png

ASUS Maximus Formula
Q6600 G0
eVGA 8800 GTX
2 GB Corsair XMS2
Soundblaster X-Fi
Corsair VX550

Frittz that's dope, haha my rig looks almost exactly the same on the inside.

@Fritzz

It's a relief to see the Quattro 850 fit in the P182 without permanently losing the lower fan, as I've just bought those bunnies for next months build and wasn't sure if it would work. :-D

Anything in particular I should note about the fit and the cable lengths?

mine is actually the 1000... im guessing they would be the same size though... but ya id say my best piece of advice would be to put the cables in first and then put the fan in once the cabling is done... but ive noticed one really stupid thing about the power supply... they have both an 8-pin and 4-pin 12 volt cable... whats the point of that? basically means uve gotta tuck the extra one somewhere out of the way... i suggest underneath the power supply...

The 1000 and the 850 are identicle in size although I imagine the 1000 will be very heavy if the weight of the quite heavy 850 is anything to go by. Just as well the PSU fits in the lower section or the P182 (or most other cases for that matter) would be seriously top heavy.

This is definitely the heaviest PC I have owned. I picked up my TT Tsunami the other day and it was light as a feather compared to my P182 build. Love the case though!!

I would really like to see some pics of some one who has gotten a mini P180. I'm curious to see how everything fits.

I would really like to see some pics of some one who has gotten a mini P180. I'm curious to see how everything fits.

it is literally the exact same thing... only difference is the mobo tray only fits mATX... ive seen it... nothing special... too big to be sff... too small to be for an enthusiast gaming rig... its a mainstream attempt with most of the same features as the p180... if it were a little more competitively priced i might jump on it for another build im working on... but as it is... not gonna happen...

IMG_0600%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Im not rich. :(

Just wanted to mention that you might want toc heck on your RAM. I'm not sure, but youmight have to put your ram in slots 0/2 or 1/3 to take advantage of the dual-channel aspects of it.

BTW, the stock intel fan is fine if you're not OC'ng.

Just wanted to mention that you might want toc heck on your RAM. I'm not sure, but youmight have to put your ram in slots 0/2 or 1/3 to take advantage of the dual-channel aspects of it.

BTW, the stock intel fan is fine if you're not OC'ng.

I agree. Good catch on the RAM installtion as well.

Get rid of the TriCools -- they're horrible fans.
Yeah? What should I replace them with?
Scythe S-Flex's? I bought a bunch of SlipStream fans (Scythe's new fans) 1600 RPM and they're all very quiet and seem to move a lot of air...

I don't think my Noctua fan pushes enough air for my heatsink.
I was thinking of buying a Scythe to replace it, but if the TriCools are so bad, I could buy three Scythes and replace all the main fans.

Side on:
CPU = 43C
GPU = 56C

Side off:
CPU = 36C
GPU = 50C

CoreTemp and RivaTuner for the temps.

They're not 'horrible' by any means, just not as quiet as the best.

They're not as quiet as Yate Loon low speeds on low and move less air. They're loud on high and don't move near enough air for the amount of noise they make. They also fail /fast/ when installed horizontally. At least, this is true in my experience.

Yeah? What should I replace them with?
Scythe S-Flex's? I bought a bunch of SlipStream fans (Scythe's new fans) 1600 RPM and they're all very quiet and seem to move a lot of air...

I don't think my Noctua fan pushes enough air for my heatsink.
I was thinking of buying a Scythe to replace it, but if the TriCools are so bad, I could buy three Scythes and replace all the main fans.

Side on:
CPU = 43C
GPU = 56C

Side off:
CPU = 36C
GPU = 50C

CoreTemp and RivaTuner for the temps.

Which Noctua is it? If it's the P12 it's fine -- if it's the S12, its not fine -- move it to a case fan and get a better fan for HSF.

Make sure the HSF pushes air to the rear, and bother rear and top case fans exhaust. Then, have the front fan intake and the lower fan push front to back as well. This will keep dust out as well.

I just had a Tri-cool "propeller" thing fly off/come loose in my case.. Luckly it was the one in the lower chamber.... It still got bloody hot in there. I'm surprised that my lower HDD didn't catch fire it was so hot.

I'm about to pick up 6 Yate Loons for this case... Then mod the blahoogie out of it... some more.

Which Noctua is it? If it's the P12 it's fine -- if it's the S12, its not fine -- move it to a case fan and get a better fan for HSF.
S12 rated at 48 CFM, P12 rated at 54 CFM.
The extra 6 CFM of air makes that big of a difference?
:p

I'm going to shoot for at least 80+ CFM for a replacement fan. My Scythes say "88 CFM" and they don't make any noise, may as well put one of them on there.

Also I have an old case fan (Apevia brand) added into the P182, in the front fan slot.

[edit]
I just ordered three SlipStreams:
Two 1600 RPM and one 1900 RPM.

I hear rumors that some of them leak oil, but the ones I own thus far haven't leaked.
I'll post back in a week or two with updated temps.
:D

Not so much the smaller cfm increase, but the P12 has a higher static pressure output than the S12. Meaning it's better at pushing air in areas of high resistance, like a tight packed finned heatsink. The Noctua site doesnt have static pressure stats on the S12, only on the P12, so theres no good comparison there, but I've seen reviews that did low tech tests that showed the P12 puts out more static pressure.

I'm going to shoot for at least 80+ CFM for a replacement fan. My Scythes say "88 CFM" and they don't make any noise, may as well put one of them on there.

Also I have an old case fan (Apevia brand) added into the P182, in the front fan slot.

[edit]
I just ordered three SlipStreams:
Two 1600 RPM and one 1900 RPM.

I hear rumors that some of them leak oil, but the ones I own thus far haven't leaked.
I'll post back in a week or two with updated temps.
:D

It's not the CFM, it's the pressure. Fans like the S12 and SlipStream series are designed as Open-Air case fans -- they have little pressure so will show a dramatic decrease in CFM against resistance (heatsinks, rads).

Here's my P180B that I just finished.

DSC01250.jpg

Had this side panel made by Moto on overclock.net, he does beautiful work.

DSC01247.jpg

Without side panel.

DSC01107.jpg

A picture of the lights with the side panel on, it keeps the vibrance of the led's down so that they're aren't annoyin.

DSC01114.jpg

Lights without side panel

DSC01199.jpg

Lights 2 without side panel.

DSC01161.jpg

Lights 3 without side panel.

DSC01152.jpg

Lights 4 without side panel.

All in all pretty happy with the build. Let me know what yall think, thanks.

^^ I love how the tracers look thru the fogged window. That's some bling I could enjoy... I'm not one to put lights and whatnots on/in my cases, but that's classy.

DSC01107.jpg

A picture of the lights with the side panel on, it keeps the vibrance of the led's down so that they're aren't annoyin.

All in all pretty happy with the build. Let me know what yall think, thanks.

that is sick... how do you have lights around the memory? how does one do that?:eek:

Telefragger: The ballistix tracer's have the red/green leds on the top blue led's on the bottom of them, thats just how they look stock.

SC385: I ain't gonna tell you the exact price but just keep in mind the normal p180b acrylic window from pc-performance is 89.99 without shipping so that should give you a general idea.

Here's several shots of several configurations and system installed in the P182:

antec-p182case47.JPG

antec-p182case49.JPG

antec-p182case53.JPG

antec-p182case54.JPG

antec-p182case55.JPG

antec-p182case56.JPG

antec-p182case57.JPG

the case is retired in favor of the Ultra M998 though...

Back