Post Pics of ur chars for WoW :D

XeRo_Dark

Gawd
the title of the thread says it all

myelf.jpg

my night elf

other server is down right now with my mage on it

does WoW have a high resolution texture setting?
looks like N64 Zelda:Ocarina of Time graphics

michealo said:

Nope, my screenshot is with every single setting fully cranked at 1280x960 8xAF 4xAA.

I have a few characters, only really playing 2 though off and on, and I wish to stay anonymous so I blured the names
wowchar1.jpg

and

wowchar2.jpg

are the two that I have been playing most recently, and if you can't tell the warrior is the first one I started, the rouge I only started this week.

Xipher said:
I have a few characters, only really playing 2 though off and on, and I wish to stay anonymous so I blured the names

You forgot to blur the name under the character :)

hehe poor guy, I saw that too. And whoever has Balgus the warrior, someone's an Escaflowne fan eh?

michealo said:

no offence, but i dont see the comparison, i think WoW has awesome graphics.

can someone post an in game screenshot
i've been thinking about starting to play WoW, but the graphics looks one step below cell shading

The graphics arent to bad at all when you see them. Not good, but not bad. Has a few shader effects cattered here and there aswell. Its deff not OOT quality.

The login screen isn't going to be very high-res for the background, since it's just an art backdrop...

My guy I don't have a pic of, but I'm Vicious. Level 38 Undead Rogue on Hellscream. :)

mr.fishie said:
no offence, but i dont see the comparison, i think WoW has awesome graphics.

The styles look pretty similar, but WoW definately looks better. That said though, Zelda was a beautiful game. I can't wait for the new one :D

i agree very well worth it, and what i do is use the pre-paid game cards...hard to find, but i found a few and stocked up :D

back on topic, i have a lvl 22 Palidan, will post a pic later, i have to go to work now :(

michealo said:

Ok heres a screen for Zelda... looks good for its time, but not by today's standard...
zelda4.jpg

and heres a in game screen of WoW... much better.
ingamewow01.jpg

if you could crank up the AA on zelda ..then it would look pretty similar

Diss the graphics all you wish, the gameplay is the best part. It's an MMO, did you really expect the game to be highly graphic intensive with 100s people in one area, and to bring your PC to it's knees? Sorry but when I'm in a raid I prefer to not have my FPS at 2 just because it looks good. :rolleyes: Looks aren't everything, *cough Doom III *cough

Also, what's with all the damn Alliance pics? Figures...I'll post my Horde pics when I get home. :p

ThreeDee said:
if you could crank up the AA on zelda ..then it would look pretty similar

I doubt it, so it would have smoother edges... big deal. The ploy count is still considerable smaller, and the texture quality is much much lower.

pistola said:
I doubt it, so it would have smoother edges... big deal. The ploy count is still considerable smaller, and the texture quality is much much lower.
lol ... was only kidden' around . I think WOW looks pretty good for the type of game it is.

you people have such high level characters...i thought i played a lot and i'm only here!

char.jpg

Here's a Hord pic, the game does look pretty descent when you play it. Plus since the graphics aren't too complex, they run very smooth for an online RPG.
WoWScrnShot_011405_234900.jpg

denaps said:
you people have such high level characters...i thought i played a lot and i'm only here!

I just hit 26, you got some more catching up to do now.

rather than start a new post what are you 6600gt users running your game at, i got it on high, no antitropic, 512 ram, no vsync, no trilinear, still get a little studdering, could that be the ram, i definately know a gig will help?

I have a 6600GT, I run it at 1280X1024, far object clip plane, middle terrain clip plane, everything max, plus I force Antialiasing 2X through the drivers. With the resolution maxed out for my LCD monitor that's all it needs and no jagged lines (well very few). I have a gig of PC3200 ram clocked at PC2700 speeds, the Compaq motherboard clocks my ram down, and clocks my FSB down from 400mhz to 333mhz at northbridge(cheap POS). If you have an Athlon64 you should run awesome with 1gig of ram, since mine runs good with 1gig. I get a little stuttering, plus in cities like anstranaar I get like 20fps in the middle of town. I think it's my CPU+mothernboard+server though not the card. Get an extra 512 and it should help alot.

I only play on laughing skull now since that's where my friends decided to play after i had already started a char with my guild on bloodscalp. dumbasses.

my screenies should look a bit better than zelda 64 hehe. i have the system in my sig, i run at 1600x1200 with all settings maxed, except view distance i have at half of max. 8xAA forced by drivers, 16x AF forced. i run perfectly smooth all the time, other than very minor freeze ups when in auction house and crowded places like that. i was constantly going freeze for 30 seconds, move, repeat when i had view distance maxed, so if you are having bad pausing/framerate issues, that helped me a lot, and i can barely notice the distance as far as stuff showing up closer.

napoleon dynamite is my main :D

Ndynamite.jpg

Shenk.jpg

JonnyK.jpg

Back