Post Pics Of The Mouse Pad You Game On

CIMG0586.jpg

I use a Steelpad QcK+ with my G7, don't got a close up of them, but here's a picture of my entire setup.
Picture001-1.jpg

kuyaglen said:
Gaming rig on left, leeching rig on right and my lan $4.99 Fry's SuperMat.

ascendancy.summer.slan.setup.jpg
Same here cept it's from CompUSSR

205438081_7f314c1879_b.jpg

Now I have a 22" Samsung LCD and the 17" to the right

Just wondering, if you have a decent high quality mouse, 1600 optical or laser, don't you not really need a nice mousepad? Hell with a laser mouse you could even game on a mirror couldn't you?

I'll have my crappy pad pics when i get home :)

Falcon027.jpg

Yeah, yeah. I know all about the hate surrounding the Fatal1ty mice. But you know what? I actually think it's comfortable, so bite me :p

im looking for a mousepad to put on my jerker desk.

where do you all reccomend searching for one online?? I need a nice sized one

szdaddasddq5.jpg

HEY LOOK I MANAGED TO POST A PIC OF MY MOUSEPAD AND NOT MY WHOLE SETUP WATFUXS

I use a UT99-branded Everglide pad. A bit small, but it's a great pad.
Nate_MachV said:
Like this one, except smaller and with the Unreal Tournament logo on it instead of the Falcon Northwest logo. I'll post up some pics of it once I can get my hands on a camera.

And of course, the obligatory pwnage at games shots:

From a while back:
utownageyw1.jpg

Taken earlier today:
fearownagelm5.jpg

I just tossed out my RatPadzGS, since it's been worn to hell. I've replaced it with waxpaper taped to the table, no pictures since I'll be getting a fUnc sUrface 1030 archetype for giftmas.

These ppl that spend loads on a mat need their heads testing. I thought that was the whole point of laser mice anyway?

Fuck mouse mats.....take up too much space.

Also, what's with posting pics of ingame scores? Means sweet FA. The person with the worst score could very possibly be using the same mouse/pad combo you are......

Tigerblade said:
These ppl that spend loads on a mat need their heads testing. I thought that was the whole point of laser mice anyway?

Fuck mouse mats.....take up too much space.

Also, what's with posting pics of ingame scores? Means sweet FA. The person with the worst score could very possibly be using the same mouse/pad combo you are......
Why are you so bitter?

can someone please tell me why they use the hard surface style mouse pads... isn't it just like using your desk .. what's the difference?

tryin to figure what would go good with my new g7.. kinda like the corepads but i'm also looking at the icemat and ultimat ..

thanks

mal

Here are my reasons for spending $44.95 + shipping on my mousepad:

I bought mine for my birthday, and mostly because I was able to have my name put on it.

It is not cloth or felt, therefore it does not soak up the funk that regular mouse pads do. It can be cleaned with Windex very easily.

It also came with a removeable rubber mat that keeps it from slipping around on the table. I don't much care for mousepads with feet that are not removeable and replaceable. This one was perfect for me.

It has a machined surface. While it feels very smooth, it has a visible texture that optical and laser sensors pick up on very well. You can see the texture, but you can't feel it.

Reasons I continue to like it and be satisfied with the purchase:

In the 2 years I have had it, it has not picked up a single scratch or discoloration, in spite of repeated aggravated assault with an aggravating mouse (right-clicker broke on my G5 during a game, and that made me very angry).

It is almost exactly the same width and length as my LAN bag, so it fits perfectly in the bottom.

It looks cool, and it's black.

It is smoother than my desk surface, and does not scratch my G7's PTFE (teflon) feet.

malicious said:
can someone please tell me why they use the hard surface style mouse pads... isn't it just like using your desk .. what's the difference?

tryin to figure what would go good with my new g7.. kinda like the corepads but i'm also looking at the icemat and ultimat ..

thanks

mal
I used to use my desk surface (laminated particle board), but it was wearing down my mouse feet and made scratches which could affect smoothness in the future. A hard surface pad will not damage the mouse feet (as much, though of course there will be some friction), and a decent one will be smoother than a desk surface. Cloth pads are good too, I used one before I got my current pad and I'd probably still be using it if it wasn't worn to hell.

FoxhoundOp said:
Why are you so bitter?

Lmao

Do you see no truth in my post? I'll spell it out. A particular mouse or mousemat does not make you into a gaming king overnight. People are good at games with practise. Strange concept I know.....

Bitterness? Hardly.....just cold facts. Sorry if you don't like it :rolleyes:

people use expensive mousepads not for the tracking because most laser mice have excellent tracking on any surface. you use it to reduce friction of the mouse to the surface so you can spin and turn faster and aim more accurately. I use a steelpad 4s... never been happier. put some teflon tape on the feet and that sucker glides across. ever try tracking quickly on wood? doesnt work so well.

A good mousepad won't turn someone who isn't good at games into a wizard overnight. However, it can make things easier for someone who is already good and it can make it easier to handle a mouse.

malicious said:

thanks

mal
Hard surface mouse pads are usually made to have a smaller coefficent of friction, so the mouse is easier to slide along the surface. This allows for supposedly quicker movements. I just like the feel of harder mouse pads, and I hate using my desk. It's kinda dirty, I don't want that funk rubbing up against my $50 mouse...

Zero82z said:
However, it can make things easier for someone who is already good and it can make it easier to handle a mouse.

Totally disagree. I used to clan at ut2k4 Onslaught and used a pad with an old optical mouse. When I bought a mx1000 I lost the mat but didn't lose or gain any extra skill of was able to handle my mouse any better or worse.

It's like saying someone gets better in a game because they've upgraded from a 19" 4:3 monitor to a 20" 16:10 monitor because they have a slightly bigger FOV. Sod the fact that the guy puts in a serious amount of time getting good.....that means nothing I suppose.....

The only peice of hardware that WILL improve your gaming prowess will be a gpu(s) in majority of our systems due to more fps/higher AF, especially in FPS's. Still need good old fashioned man hours tho.

Tigerblade, all this is assuming people spend money to get better scores in much the same way someone'll spend the extra on an Audi over a Peugeot because it goes faster; that's a bonus, but the primary reason for buying it is because it's comfier, more reliable, more aesthetically pleasing, more fuel-efficient, etc...

Not the best analogy, I know, and no doubt some small element of these posters - most likely the clueless mongs that managed to completely disregard the thread title/request and post pics of their computers/kitchens/in-game scores - bought them to get a pr0 lol kek score over other gamers, but I think for the most part it's simply a case of being prepared to spend a little more on something that makes you feel a bit happier for whatever reason.

Tigerblade said:
Totally disagree. I used to clan at ut2k4 Onslaught and used a pad with an old optical mouse. When I bought a mx1000 I lost the mat but didn't lose or gain any extra skill of was able to handle my mouse any better or worse.

It's like saying someone gets better in a game because they've upgraded from a 19" 4:3 monitor to a 20" 16:10 monitor because they have a slightly bigger FOV. Sod the fact that the guy puts in a serious amount of time getting good.....that means nothing I suppose.....

The only peice of hardware that WILL improve your gaming prowess will be a gpu(s) in majority of our systems due to more fps/higher AF, especially in FPS's. Still need good old fashioned man hours tho.
I didn't say it makes you better, I said it makes things easier.

Wish I still had my old Microsoft mouse. I broke it not to long ago and had to get this shitty G5. I hate it.

I'm dead serious.

I have one of those Belkin cloth pad with the gel wrist rest. I do not think I can live without it.

Sorry about the bad pic really need to learn how to use my digicam but anyway. Ive been using this pad for about 10 years. Has yet to let me down. I have to use a pad of some kind the crappy desk the school gives me is not flat.

Picture016.jpg

Haha, great thread. Love the game stat shots. :p

Exactmat @ Control Side w/ MX518 (uberoptions!!). Just gave her a cleaning and stuck some Teflon on the bottom. Good stuff!!
IMG_1496.jpg

Got this before I went Teflon B1Thces!!! :D ;)
PWNAGE.jpg

Back