Post pics of LCD screens in your case!

Hey PruBowl300! I'm still waiting for some sort of write up on that. ;)

I will try to find some time to put together an article and get it posted somewhere. Did you see the pictures of how the LCD is attached to the old CD-ROM?

I saw the last time you posted your stuff but I don't remember too well (I'll have to go back and look).

I picked up one at eb games for 50 bucks, it was used but still works. And yes ps1 lcds work great, they work like a second monitor that plugs up via the svideo connector on your vid card.

JEEVES

sandman78 said:
OMG, that is so friggin' sweet!!! What is it? LOL A computer mounted on the wall? A dedicated pimped out folding rig? Ooops, I'm going to click your link and find out.:D You should start a thread about that. Or do you already have a work log thread for it?
Yeah its kinda nuts, I'm trying to start a business doing custom contract jobs for companies and private individuals. This machine (Machines?) is the first of a bunch of machines I have planned as instruments of my advertising. (Mwahahaaaa!!!) All I need is some people wanting me to build them something like this for money... Wish me luck!
And oh ya, I will be putting this thing in the work log section too. I hope this will either inspire others to go nuts, or maybe even attract possible clients :0)
Later,
Will Shaw
AKA ZeusEnergy
;)

PIC00012.JPG

15" inch samsung inside, all powered by the P/S ( 400 w generic crappy one ) !
Will do new pics with the new camera soon ( got me a canon EOS 300D ) :p

I have an old compaq notebook that is pretty much useless except for the LCD that still works anybody know of anygood guides to install the LCD in a computer?

Homey D. Clown said:
I have an old compaq notebook that is pretty much useless except for the LCD that still works anybody know of anygood guides to install the LCD in a computer?
Doode i have some 20 of them, most of them are 1024X768 15" and one is from a toshiba satelite pro with 1280X1024 resolution , but i cant use them ! i would love to have that toshiba in one of my cases , but i cant find the specs on it , and i am to damn far from USA to order an adapter module or whatever, so it is a NO GO for now !

P.S. anyone willing to BRING me one of those comtroler boards for TFT monitors ???? Anyone ??? :)

Can anyone link me to a guide on lcd screens I believe I have one I could use but don't know how to do it.

dave1323 said:
Can anyone link me to a guide on lcd screens I believe I have one I could use but don't know how to do it.

If you mean a laptop LCD, you require a controller card costing upwards of $200. If you mean you have a desktop LCD you want to mod into a case, that's more feasable as all you have to do is remove the case of the LCD and mount it. However, I don't have a bookmark handy for either.

Back