Post pics of LCD screens in your case!

:D The length of it.... look how far it sticks out to the right compared to the others. LOL Ignore me, I'm gettin sleepy.

but your the sand man oh mr sand man bring me a dream,,,,,,,

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give him two lips like roses and clover (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.
Sandman, I'm so alone
Don't have nobody to call my own
Please turn on your magic beam
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

(scat “bung, bung, bung, bung.….)

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Give him the word that I'm not a rover
Sandman, I'm so alone
Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream.

(scat “bung, bung, bung, bung)

Mr. Sandman (male voice: “Yesss?) bring us a dream
Give him a pair of eyes with a “come-hither” gleam
Give him a lonely heart like Pagliacci
And lots of wavy hair like Liberace
Mr Sandman, someone to hold (someone to hold)
Would be so peachy before we're too old
So please turn on your magic beam
Mr Sandman, bring us, please, please, please
Mr Sandman, bring us a dream.

(scat “bung, bung, bung, bung….)

:D

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:

Make him the cutest/
Screw this! How about some "Enter Sandman"?! :D Yeah!

How about using one of these in a mod? :D (NOT MY MOD!!)

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:

Make him the cutest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give him two lips like roses and clover (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Sandman, I'm so alone
Mr. Sandman, bring me a .......

:D LOL Thats some funny shit. Where in the world did you find that?

Metallica's song is actually where I got my nick.

right, totaly agree

JEEVES

ps i htink my name is longer

OMG, I hope you stay logged into the [H], or have autofill turned on, I'd hate to have to type that very often. :p

Sheeeeshh, are we off topic or what, back on topic! LOL :D

CrimandEvil said:
Screw this! How about some "Enter Sandman"?! :D Yeah!

How about using one of these in a mod? :D
iPaqmod.jpg

(NOT MY MOD!!)

yeah would be great if he actualy would finish the mod. quite frankly he has never done any mod that great imo. They are all easy to do if you have the money to spend.

JEEVES

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
yeah would be great if he actualy would finish the mod. quite frankly he has never done any mod that great imo. They are all easy to do if you have the money to spend.

JEEVES
might look kinda cool if he finished it

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:

JEEVES

Yeah I have to agree, would be cool if it could be setup over VGA and used as an actually touchscreen display.

I'm still trying to get my GBA to over svideo or composite but I haven't had time for it. :(

sandman78 said:
:D LOL Thats some funny shit. Where in the world did you find that?

Metallica's song is actually where I got my nick.

OMG, I hope you stay logged into the [H], or have autofill turned on, I'd hate to have to type that very often. :p

Sheeeeshh, are we off topic or what, back on topic! LOL :D

I remmber it from back to the future when I first seen it in 1995 ish

sandman78 said:
:D The length of it.... look how far it sticks out to the right compared to the others. LOL Ignore me, I'm gettin sleepy.

Haven't you ever seen a post by TheMostWantedPolishTwin ?!

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
I remmber it from back to the future when I first seen it in 1995 ish

Shit, I saw it in the theater when I was 4 years old back in 1985! That was the first time I had ever heard that song and everytime I hear it I think back to the movie.

So much for hoping??? Eh?

The Power of Love is the song that I think of when I think BTF. Yes I own the 3 Disk Box set :)

I dont think that many peopel have put LCD screens in their computer. it can be expensive.

xphantg0d said:
I dont think that many peopel have put LCD screens in their computer. it can be expensive.

lol i have a 5in lcd sitting in my room that I purchased for a future mod. But first i have 2 other cases in front of it. I will be sitting on this lcd for quite some time. but when i do get that project finished i will be sure to post the pic of it, here (that is sarcasim as the project wont be done for prob 6-10 months from now)

JEEVES

uh.. you want to see pics of LCD monitor screens installed in our boxes, or just your standard 20x2 LCD screen in a drive bay pic?

I've just got one of those weeee little ones.

pv2-vfd.JPG

I would like to get one of the larger ones later.

Forgot to post the "naked" pic too.... gives you an idea of what was involved with this rig, and how the stuff is arranged. In case you are wondering, this is two machines not just one!
The top machine is old news and can be found if you google "zeusenergy" on many case mod sites. I dunno why I waited all this time to sign up in this forum??
The power supply is under the LCD along with stacked CDrom and floppy, it runs win98 se right now since it supports all the hardware like the AIW ati card and dual displays, although Mandrake Linux is dual booted.
Wait till you peeps see the control panel I have designed! It will be integrated into the custom desk, and once its all built should look very "star trek Lcars"- like the controls in the 1701D (next generation episodes)
Now I need an EL keyboard and a bunch of plywood so I can start building the desk. I will be covering the monitors with plexi too, after all :0) Should be fun to build!
noglass.jpg

tom61 said:
I believe that pic is from
this guide

I believe it wasn't...lol...
Anyways I used a 5" LCD i got from Parts Express which I don't believe they sell anymore.
I had to place the controller board in the floppy drive cage but other then that I just stuck it in there with double sided tape. I ran an rca cable out the back of the case in the lower pci slot to my second video card. Also removed the Lian-Li fan control switch since I have a rheobus and put the power switch for the lcd in its place. Even though our lcds are a little different..I used http://caffeine.l33tpeeps.com/article_lcdmod.htm as my guide.

Moros said:
Is that a laptop LCD? Sweet sweet job man, I like that a lot. I have been wanting to do something with some old laptop LCD's for a while and this looks promising!
Nope, its a DSTN 15" LCD from BlueFin technologies. It was a surplus kit that had no housing and cost me $200 in 1999, so needless to say it was the cheapest fully operational VGA LCD I could have found at the time. It has the analog-digital convertor board and the inverter board for backlighting as separate units from the display module. If you wanted to use laptop displays, I have some bad news. They require a different sort of input than the standard VGA monitor, as there is no analog uplink there, and you would even need to make your own circuits to use laptop displays with the newer DVI style connectors on video cards. The best bet is to find something that already has a simple VGA connector and is fully operational from the start. Or you could utilize the whole laptop and mod it into a case with a network hub built in...... Good luck, and thanks for your props!
ZeusEnergy

ZodGilla said:
Where is the cheapest place to buy 5" lcds now that Parts Express doesnt sell them?
Parts express has a 6" that was featured on http://www.casemodgod.com. They did a great job with them but PE is currently out of stock on them. I am looking for a 5" LCD too though as I would prefer to replace the floppy drive cage on my case.

zeusenergy said:
I finished my LCD mod in June, but it still needs a little TLC...

OMG, that is so friggin' sweet!!! What is it? LOL A computer mounted on the wall? A dedicated pimped out folding rig? Ooops, I'm going to click your link and find out.:D You should start a thread about that. Or do you already have a work log thread for it?

If your looking for LCDs then try Walmarts and such and look for the PS1 LCD, I've seen them go for like $70 at those places.

Back