Post comp specs if over 303mhz fsb

blackhex

Bad Trader
I've been reading up on this myself, seems when the AGP is set to something around 80 (88 I think it is) the problem doesn't go away but it's not as bad at all...

I'm at a wall... Pretty sure its the RAM

I'm running 2-2-2-5 on Mushkin Black Lvl2
2.4C @ 12 x 275 = 3.3 GHz

Innovatek Water Cooling. CPU idle @ 38 Degrees.
ATI Radeon 9800 forgot what my OC is at :p
i can boot up to 3.5 at crap timings but not only its slower, but also unstable. highest CPU temp was 52 and it goes down by a lot if i take the radiator outside my case.

1.625 V in Bios, Reading 1.62 in MBM5 down to 1.6 on full load
Antec True 480
Mem @ 2.8V

GAP at auto auto auto Disabled Disabled.
5:4 ratio and agp pci is locked at 66 33. did i forget something? or is it jut the crap batch of 2.4C? 3.3 is nice but you know people who OC... they get every bit thats possible.

just curious, have your tried the 3:2 ratio just to see, since you think its the ram.

of course i did... still not stable over 275... which is what confuses me... with a 3:2 i should be able to get a lil further IF it was a RAM issue... So i'll have to assume that it is a crap batch of 2.4C (altho it is running 3.3) i guess what i'm saying is its not a great batch.

So its the CPU not the ram. Anyway, you cant really complain when your OC is faster than the fastest currently available stock CPU. (3.2Ghz)

OC'ing is luck of the draw. But I'm really happy when I overclock the slowest rated processor faster than the fastest (and VERY EXPENSIVE) rated CPU for a lot less money!!

Yea... loox like it. I know its a draw of luck, Esp. with a 2.4C I guess I shouldn't complain.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
I have a 2.4c chip that I have gotten up to 325mhz fsb on an IC7-G motherboard ...but had to put an old Geforce 2 Ultra in to get up that high , where as with a 5900,9700,and 9800 videocard ...anything past 303mhz fsb would result in either windows loading super slow or not at all .

i don't understand why videocards are holding your fsbs back...doesn't the agp and pci lock work?

dont have the equipment to test to see if agp actually being locked at 66mhz or not ...but based on results of overclocking ..I am thinking that its not being truly locked down ..but really dont know for sure

My 2.4C will boot into BIOS at 310 fsb but it won't do much else... Windows gives an immediate BSOD within seconds of loading. :D
I had to lower it down to 285 fsb to be prime95 stable.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
dont have the equipment to test to see if agp actually being locked at 66mhz or not ...but based on results of overclocking ..I am thinking that its not being truly locked down ..but really dont know for sure

I think Anandtech has a PCI device that shows the PCI speed.
Also, I've seen a few other websites here & there test PCI bus speeds. (I think overclockers.com)

But I think the problem is the AGP bus speed. So I dont think that device would help.

Maybe someone out there has an AGP test device(if they exist) and could use a PCI videocard if you need to boot to get a reading.

why doesn't someone try a PCI vid. card and just disable the AGP? I'm sure one of you guys has a PCI card layin around.

My Rev. 1.0 IC7 will run a 3326 MO Step 2.40C at 305 fsb rock stable. I am running a Corsair HydroCool. All it takes is a 68/34 fix. It runs everything in 3D I throw at it:

3DMark2001
3DMark2003
Aquamark
IL-2 Sturmovik demo loop for 30'
SS2nd Encounter demo loop to completion
CodeCreatures benchmark
QuakeIII demos

I would run 3DMark2000 'cept it won't run with HT. I would also test VulpineGL 'cept the Cat 4.2 drivers don't support its outdated OpenGL.

Of course, it passes the CPU tests:

Sandra Arith
Sandra Multimedia
Sandra Memory
Sandra Cache and Memory
PCMark2002
SuperPI 16M run

I have five rigs and I change boards so frequently they are not hooked to the Net, so I can't upload images (I don't even know how). I made a screenie of a 305 fsb 3DMark2001 run which shows the fsb (304, always 1 mhz lower than actual) and scores of ALL the tests as proof. BUT, this forum won't take attached files. I also got screenies of all the CPU benches. Heck, at 68/34, my on-board audio was still fine (it craps out at 70/37+ or thereabouts).

I was running a 9800 Pro and have done the same with a Geforce5900 FX.

I also got an Rev. 1.2 IS7 that is even more stable than this IC7, but haven't tried the same CPU and water on it. I ran a different MO step OK at 302 fsb on air on this IS7, didn't try for more, and I was using the 66/33 fix.

This is my first visit to this site in 3 months. I don't frequent this forum anymore as the site was blocked at work, so I won't be responding to any comments (so you can flame all you want, I guess).

i was able to run at 315FSB with my 2.4C.. but due to RAMs it wasn't stable... i was getting 3.78Ghz on air!

how do you heads get past 300 fsb ? i too have the ic7g w/geil 4300 w/koolance setup and i could not run past 270 fsb sync'd. Even when i 3:2 or 5:4 it, no dice.
im currently 250x15 at 3.76 from a 3.0northwood at 119F while folding and surfing.
even my 2.4 hit 3.2 but never ever close to ... 3.7 you say 0n air ? goodness. :eek:

Sepal said:
how do you heads get past 300 fsb ? i too have the ic7g w/geil 4300 w/koolance setup and i could not run past 270 fsb sync'd. Even when i 3:2 or 5:4 it, no dice.
im currently 250x15 at 3.76 from a 3.0northwood at 119F while folding and surfing.
even my 2.4 hit 3.2 but never ever close to ... 3.7 you say 0n air ? goodness. :eek:

I can't speak for past 300 yet, as I haven't tried. But I'm at 3.6 (12x300). It all comes down to good cooling, the right voltage mixture and luck. As for me, I could get to 3.3 on air. Then I went to water cooling and got to 3.4. 3.5 was not stable so I detuned everything and went for an unoptimized overclock with loose settings and reset everything to Auto. Things got more stable but my Monitor would not wake up on Boot about 50% of the time. So I unlocked my AGP PCI lock from 33/66 and set it to like 36/72 (can't remember exactly but I think thats right) and bingo. Stable. So I tightened everything back up (memory timings) and tuned the system for performance.

I took it up to 300 fsb, bumped the CPU voltage up to 1.6v and that was it. 3.6. Took me a while to get here though because I took it slow and thoroughly checked for stability at each milestone along the way.

In the end it came down to giving more voltage to each part of the equation to get to 3600 mhz. I bumped the ram to 2.85v, the VAGP to 1.6v, the vCore to 1.6v & again bumped the AGP/PCI Bus to get more juice to the card to help it wake up :) .

It took all of this in conjunction with cooling to get here.

_orcus_ said:
My 2.4C will boot into BIOS at 310 fsb but it won't do much else... Windows gives an immediate BSOD within seconds of loading. :D
I had to lower it down to 285 fsb to be prime95 stable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! thats really funny but was it clock at 310? cus i got a 2.4c running off of my albatron year aniversay board thats 800mhz and i can get it up to 3.54ghz at 197x18 i belive it is but its unstable except for in my bios get to load screen the my sys errors but its stable at 193x18 at 3.4 something i only got a 256mb stick of kingston hyperx thats -c3200(400mzhz) later tonight ima install cpu-z or whatever and pull the specs but ive noticed that this chip if more overclockable then say the 3.0c or am i tripin? i seen people hit 3.65 and up with this 2.4 and that blows my mind that it can clock that fast..........................
ocphangaz said:
i was able to run at 315FSB with my 2.4C.. but due to RAMs it wasn't stable... i was getting 3.78Ghz on air!
mines

L33TNESS my setup is running off of the stock intel hs and 4 60mm fans at max load playing nfsu it runs a stable 31C at 3.42ghz the thing i know about this chip is the differnt places its come out of seem to determin thier weakness...like the philipines are great for some reason as well as the coasta ricans but the others seem to have been crap... what chips are u guys using? i wanna find out as much as i can about my setup

darn ..the original thread isnt here anymo

anyways , when I was running a 2.4c ..mine ran at 3.6 @ 1.6v using some corsair xms pc3500 v1.1 bh-5 stuff with 3:2 divider ..ran it at 292mhz fsb with ram on 5:4 divider for better performance.

I used to have a vapochill and the chip would run at 3.6ghz at default v then ..i could get into windows and run some cpu benches at 325mhz fsb ..but had to use an old geforce card to get there ..with ATi card , couldnt get into windows past 303mhz ..(hence my quest for other peeps comp specs in original thread before forums got revamped) ..

with an FX card ..i could get into windows over 303mhz fsb ..but the farther past that threshold i went ..the slower windows felt with the FX card ..games got choppier and choppier etc ..

this was on a vdimm modded IC7-G max2 mobo

Heres my comp specs

Dell 2001FP 20.1" TFT Monitor
P4 3Ghz C 800Mhz FSB (@ 3.7Ghz 5:4)
MSI NEO2-FIS2R 865PE
2 x 512 OCZ Preformance Series PC3200 @ 2-3-3-6
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb
WD Raptor 36.7Gb - SATA
Maxtor 120Gb - SATA
Maxtor 250Gb - IDE
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
Pioneer 8X DVD+RW/-RW Drive DVR-107
Logitech MX700 Wireless Mouse

It does not say yack about it and never put up the proof. People are always going off on what great OC'ers they are but then Don't know how to post a pic. Where the hell is a mod to clean this crap out when you need one. There should not be one entry in this thread. you got the big numbers?? then post the picture otherwise stfu!
. Here is your proof.
cooking.jpg

it is prime stable at 305.5 fsb which is 3654 mhz I ran aquamark just today at 3687mhz
Zilla2a.jpg

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=953933834
If you got it, post it, if you can't post it then you don't got it!!

WZ

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but...I want to OC my processor... see sig for details... anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Hey chrisf6969 you stepped up to the plate and showed us what you got. Looks damn good to me. Thanks for posting up the screen shot!

WZ

System Specs:
CoolerMaster Stacker (Black)
AMD 64 3000+ Winchester
Zalman 7000B-Cu Heatsink/Fan (Blue LED)
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
CoolerMaster Real Power 450W
Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPT 1GB PC3200 DDR (2-2-2-5)
Western Digital Raptor 74GB (10,000rpm)
Western Digital 120GB WD1200JB (7,200rpm)
BFG Technologies 256MB GeForce 6800 GT
SB Live! Audigy 2 Platinum
NEC 3500A DVD+/-RW
Samsung CD-RW

Okay right now I have my comp running at 313Mhz FSB Stable. Let me list my configuration, and I hope I dont leave anything out.

CPU = 2504Mhz
FSB = 313Mhz
Multiplier = x 8
HTT = 3
Memory Timings = 2.5-4-4-10 @ 166Mhz (5:4)
Vcore = 1.55v
Vdimm = 2.85
AGP = locked at 67Mhz

Comp has been running stable at these settings for a few weeks now. I just ordered a OCZ DDR Booster since I think my memory is holding me back from getting higher overclocks. I am trying to get 2.6Ghz at least, running at 1:1 ratio. We'll see if the DDR Booster helps me out. I think it will because since I can't increase my memory past 2.85 volts due to MSI not allowing it in any of their motherboard BIOSes. Once I give the memory a lil more voltage I should be able to get those 1:1 settings running stable hopefully.

PS: Sorry I didnt even notice this was the Intel forum till after I posted. I found this thread in a search and didnt even look at what category it was under. Oh well :-\

2.4c m0 on IC7-MAX3: briefly good to go at 300fsb, will run 295 & below all day long.

System Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT @ 3.61Ghz
ABIT IC7-MAX3
2x512DDR 400Mhz RAM (Gonna get 2 new Ballistix ones)
ASUS Radeon 9800XT 256Mb OC:ed Dont remember :p
1x80GB Maxtor,1x120GB Maxtor,1x200GB Seagate
CPU Cooler: Therlamright SP-94
+ Arctic Silver
Idle temp ~49-52C

theHinge said:
2.4c m0 on IC7-MAX3: briefly good to go at 300fsb, will run 295 & below all day long.

Ummm 295 or 300, neither are "over 303Mhz FSB"

Close, but no cookie!!

LionKinG88 said:
System Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT @ 3.61Ghz
ABIT IC7-MAX3
2x512DDR 400Mhz RAM (Gonna get 2 new Ballistix ones)
ASUS Radeon 9800XT 256Mb OC:ed Dont remember :p
1x80GB Maxtor,1x120GB Maxtor,1x200GB Seagate
CPU Cooler: Therlamright SP-94
+ Arctic Silver
Idle temp ~49-52C

You don't even look close?!?! unless you've got an unlocked chip you're running at 12x multiplier. (or mobile CPU that default down to 12x)

Thanks for the inspiration guys!
Currently I'm having problems getting the RAM in my sig to run @ 250mhz GRRRR!

chrisf6969 said:
I think Anandtech has a PCI device that shows the PCI speed.
Also, I've seen a few other websites here & there test PCI bus speeds. (I think overclockers.com)

But I think the problem is the AGP bus speed. So I dont think that device would help.

Maybe someone out there has an AGP test device(if they exist) and could use a PCI videocard if you need to boot to get a reading.

I have a hardware device called "VICS RD2 multifunction PCI analyser" which plugs in to PCI slot and shows PCI bus freq, as well as %utilisation etc. and when i have the AGP/PCI lock on my Asus P4C800 the PCI bus frequency does not waver from where it is meant to be when i change the FSB

also you can check with a program called "clockgen" if there is a version made for your motherboard.

Are you people on dope? The thread is 303FSB and Higher!!
It does not ask for your Everest Scores on your AMD system. It does not ask for your Intel shots in the 260fsb range. It asks nothing!!
It Demands that you post picture proof of your INTEL system running 303 fsb and higher. By some of the BS I see in this thread I see why there are only a couple of us that have made it.

WZ

Seriously, guys, why is the thread still stickied?

If we're keeping threads stickied for nostalgia I vote we bring back the IS7 vs IC7 thread, the days when people were going nuts over that itty bitty boost from PAT were crazy.

This might be a little off topic, but im curious to know how you guys get these 2.4's way up to 3.78GHz and beyond. I just cant find a better explanation for why I cant overclock my P4 Prescott Socket 478 3.0GHz CPU. Im not sure if its the RAM, Cooling, Mobo, or whatever other tiny things it could be. I think its solely the mobo and the memory at this point.

LstOfTheBrunnenG said:
Seriously, guys, why is the thread still stickied?

If we're keeping threads stickied for nostalgia I vote we bring back the IS7 vs IC7 thread, the days when people were going nuts over that itty bitty boost from PAT were crazy.
Old and useless sticky?

DeFex said:
I have a hardware device called "VICS RD2 multifunction PCI analyser" which plugs in to PCI slot and shows PCI bus freq, as well as %utilisation etc. and when i have the AGP/PCI lock on my Asus P4C800 the PCI bus frequency does not waver from where it is meant to be when i change the FSB

also you can check with a program called "clockgen" if there is a version made for your motherboard.

i used clockgen on my p4p800 and realised that the agp "lock" doesn't work past 165 fsb. it starts to rise slightly such that although i can run prime95 at 175fsb, it crashes as soon as i play any game. utterly disappointed at the supposeded "lock" that doesn't lock.

sorry about the ot

Back